RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

not_so_insig 19-01-2023 12:22 PM

Morning all. It's snowing here but thankfully the ordinary bin has been collected. Mine was full to the top so am pleased. Just the recycling left now to collect.

Because of the weather I can't go to my hearing voices group today. The buses stop running to my village whenever it snows so don't want to be stuck in the city centre with no way of getting home. Atm it's light but it could get worse as the day goes on.

not_so_insig 19-01-2023 12:52 PM

They have collected the recycling and it's stopped snowing atm. Still staying indoors however.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 01:22 PM

I'm going out again but finding it very hard to move away from my hot water bottle!

tamobhuuta 19-01-2023 02:05 PM

Sorry you can't make it to your group insig.

It's cold outside here too but the NHS is paying huge amounts to keep the ward toasty warm (though I am also wearing an oodie).

Lentil soup for lunch :)

one_step_closer 19-01-2023 03:02 PM

There's no snow here just ice and coldness. It's nice to see the sun though after some grey days. Had to go out to get my prescription and my bin was emptied when I got home and I'm not planning on going out in the cold again today. I have to phone the council because my bathroom extractor fan is broken but it's been broken for ages I just keep putting off the phone call. It's just came up as a reminder on my phone. Hate phone calls.

Sorry you can't make it to your group, Dawn. Do you live somewhere quite isolated?

I hope you're ok, Kat.

You are so silly, Beckie. You could have got squished!

I'm glad your warm and had some nice soup for lunch, Tamo.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 03:25 PM

An extractor fan is important!
I think even more so in this weather when we aren't opening windows. Last thing you want is mould. Even more phone calls! And potential health issues. And it just looks gross.

I wouldn't have got squished. He was probably like 11 years old and half the size of me!

I'm home and don't have to go out until taekwondo now! Well, apart from taking the bin out when i clean out the boys. Was gonna go and get meds but I'm being lazy XD will just do it tomorrow

long road 19-01-2023 03:41 PM

Having a rough day with my FND and stuck in bed.
Doesn't help I hit my head last night during a dissociative seizure.

Trying to find something to watch/ listen to keep me from getting to bored but having trouble concentrating

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 03:47 PM

That sucks :(
Sorry to hear that

long road 19-01-2023 04:23 PM

It does suck but not much I can do about it right now.

You said you have taekwondo later what grade/belt are you now? Have you solvedd the long Dobok problem?? I think alligators eating the ends was the most sensible solution!

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 04:49 PM

I'm a yellow belt. Going for green tag in March!
Haven't solved it but it's not raining or wet so I should be ok!

Just cleaned out the boys and done a tidy up.

long road 19-01-2023 04:51 PM

Fancy! Is green tag halfway between yellow and green? I only have a vague understanding of martial art belts...

Your guinea pigs sound like they are very well looked after :)

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 04:54 PM

Yes it is!
The belt system is different with pretty much every martial art lol

Thank you! I do my best! :)

long road 19-01-2023 05:08 PM

Of course it is different for every martial art, it couldn't be simple! Although now that I think about it there are martial arts that originate in many different countries and as such expecting it to be standardised was a little silly of me.

I am going to grab a nap now. See if sleeping makes me feel any better.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 05:26 PM

Honestly i hadn't given it much thought before i started doing it! But it does seem fairly obvious now!

I hope your nap helps!

tamobhuuta 19-01-2023 05:28 PM

I am in Costa with L while her car gets fixed :)

one_step_closer 19-01-2023 05:42 PM

They're only doing emergency repairs right now, broken extractor fan is listed as an emergency on the website but not the phone recording. I usually just open the window when I'm washing my hair. I'll try and phone repairs tomorrow.

I'm sorry you're not doing so great, Jen. Take care of yourself.

What are you having in Costa, Tamo?

When is Taekwondo, Beckie?

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 05:51 PM

Ah I see! Worth a call anyway!

It's at 6. So usually leave around 5:40.

tamobhuuta 19-01-2023 05:51 PM

Decaff latte and ginger biscuits . Considered proper latte but my body's not really used to caffeine in the afternoon.

I hope your things get fixed osc.

I might watch winnie the pooh on disney+

one_step_closer 19-01-2023 06:07 PM

Do you not get annoyed waiting to leave, Beckie? I always leave too early for things because I just want to get going.

Sounds nice, Tamo. And Winnie the Pooh is cute. Wasn't it Winnie the Pooh day/week recently?

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 06:15 PM

Yeah I do.
But we have to queue up outside until the previous class finishes and it's freezing! XD

one_step_closer 19-01-2023 06:20 PM

That wouldn't be fun at all. Have you got things you can amuse yourself with at home until it's time to leave?

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 06:23 PM

Nope! And they're always a bit late because the previous class is the tiny children (4-8yrs) and they take forever to get shoes on etc!

Yeah got the tv on and random internetting!

one_step_closer 19-01-2023 06:29 PM

Wrap up well when you do go out then. I hope you enjoy your class.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 06:33 PM

I don't tend to wrap up. Don't like coats and I am stubborn! Lol
I warm up when I walk anyway

nonperson 19-01-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4340578)
Don't worry, I know np is the bad influence here :tongue2:

This is so not true. I personally think the entire blame should be put on alcohol.

Zurg 19-01-2023 08:00 PM

Nah NP, it's not alcohol, it's them aliens!!!!

long road 19-01-2023 08:06 PM

Or Alligators. Gives us another thing to use the alligators for!

I had a nap and then dinner and am feeling slightly more human. Still not really up to leaving bed though.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 08:26 PM

Alcohol can definitely be a factor!

I'm glad you're feeling a little better
It's ok to not leave bed! It'll be sleep time soon anyway!

We had a surprise fitness test at taekwondo and i am now deceased.

nonperson 19-01-2023 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurg (Post 4340641)
Nah NP, it's not alcohol, it's them aliens!!!!

There are aliens in my brain?!

And alligators?

You'll get some good sleep tonight then, Beckie.

Nothing wrong with staying in bed, Jen. Only leave when you need to or feel up to it.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 08:38 PM

Yeah defo.

Yes i should hope so!
Payday tomorrow. Woohoo!

long road 19-01-2023 08:58 PM

Not in your brain np. I was just saying we should blaime it on the alligators!

I just find being stuck in bed frustrating it's happened at lot since I developed Functional Neurological Disorder.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 08:59 PM

I can imagine it's frustrating.
Sometimes it is needed though!
No point in pushing yourself because that will probably end up with even more time spent in bed!

long road 19-01-2023 09:17 PM

Yeah trying to be sensible and not push it.

I might try and get hold of GP if still feeling rough tomorrow as I did hit my head. Think it's normal FND symptoms though.

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 09:33 PM

Better to be safe than sorry!
Especially when it comes to head injuries!

long road 19-01-2023 09:41 PM

True that. I will see how I am in the morning. Like I said think I am fine just a headache where I hit it.

tamobhuuta 19-01-2023 09:47 PM

I hope your head is ok Road.

I am in a grump because they want to do an ecg after they've done night meds, and I just want to sleep.

long road 19-01-2023 09:54 PM

I am sure I will be fine Tamo. Plus I don't live alone so there is someone to check on me.

That is frustrating. ECG sticky pads are annoying and sleep is great but I am sure it's for a good reason. Could you nap and just let them wake you up when they get round to doing ECG or would being disturbed be worse?

Cacoethes 19-01-2023 10:00 PM

What an odd time of day to do an ecg!
I've had them done late but only in emergencies!
Even with clozapine it was only a blood pressure check at night before and after meds. Ecgs were always done during the day!
At least they don't take long

not_so_insig 19-01-2023 10:07 PM

I tried going to the bin and nearly went flying ! This was at 2 pm. Stayed indoors all day.

Lindsay I don't live in an isolated place but my village is on the side of an mountain and nowhere is flat. We get really bad snow in the winter and to get anywhere you need snow tyres. It's been particularly bad this time around as the gritters haven't been whereas normally they get to us. Unfortunately the pavements are lethal in the ice and snow. I am not too clever on my feet at the best of times so am scared of breaking a bone.
Especially today as the ambulance people are on strike today.

Cacoethes 20-01-2023 09:35 AM

Morning everyone!

tamobhuuta 20-01-2023 11:12 AM

Morning Cacoethes. How are you?

My ecg was such a falafel, took half an hour. Apparently it wasn't good, they're going to talk about it at the morning meeting.

Edit
So they want to do another ecg but the machine doesn't work!

Cacoethes 20-01-2023 11:28 AM

I'm ok thanks.
Been to asda, pharmacy, poundland and aldi.
Work later.
I realised in the pharmacy that i forgot to get coffee in asda, i just happened to glance into poundland on the way past and they had my usual sachets a whole 20p cheaper! So lucky i forgot them in asda really!

Ah that sucks.
Hope it turns out ok.

one_step_closer 20-01-2023 01:57 PM

Hi everyone. I hope you all have a good day.

I hope your ECG is ok if they get the machine to work, Tamo.

You've been quite busy already, Beckie. I'm glad you got your coffee sachets cheaper by chance. You know where to go for them now!

tamobhuuta 20-01-2023 01:59 PM

The machine worked! After all that kerfuffle they are putting me back on bisiprolol (sp?)

one_step_closer 20-01-2023 02:02 PM

Are you ok?

tamobhuuta 20-01-2023 02:30 PM

Yeah I'm ok. How's your day going?

one_step_closer 20-01-2023 03:42 PM

Will the med help? It's nothing too serious is it? Sorry, I worry about people!

I didn't have much on my to do list today and have got things done so far. Still have small things to do but I don't do them till later. Feeling quite low though. What have you been doing?

tamobhuuta 20-01-2023 04:17 PM

Sorry you're feeling low, well done for getting things done.

I hope the med will help, it's for my heart. I was on it before but they stopped it because it was affecting my blood pressure too.

long road 20-01-2023 05:51 PM

Hopefully the med helps out Tamo.

I have only just woken up after a rough night. Looks like it's another day in bed for me.

one_step_closer 20-01-2023 05:58 PM

Fingers crossed, Tamo. How has your day been otherwise?

Sorry you're not doing too well, Jen. I hope you have better nights soon.