RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 01:21 PM

Yep!
Im really not sure how the application process works. I had to fill in a tiny bit about why i want to do the course, then provide a reference.
I don't know if they'll judge whether to interview me based on that or theyll interview me anyway?
It would suck to be rejected on a paragraph of info!

Absolutely Katy!! I frickin hate them!

Hi rebecca! The fire looked awful. So sad for all those involved.
How are you?

Shy_Bambi 14-06-2017 01:27 PM

I'm so-so today. I was called a wimp because I won't stand up to the next door neighbours, but they've burgled us more than once, throw rocks through our window twice and carry knives, so I'm hurt that I was called a wimp because I'm scared of them.

Buttons. 14-06-2017 01:46 PM

I'm sure you'll get an interview Beckie.

The fire does look absolutely awful.

Rebecca that sounds like entirely justifiable fear, not at all being a wimp!! Are the police aware of the stuff they've done, like the burglary and rocks?

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 01:47 PM

Thats awful Rebecca.
You are certainly not a wimp. Anyone would be scared in that situation. Id say it's actually very sensible not to stand up to them becuase you could be putting yourself in danger.

Wonderland. 14-06-2017 04:56 PM

Beckie awesome on you applying for the access course.
I applied for the same course obviously different college a number of years back, and they seem to interview everyone. I remember both places I applied for there were several stages for the interview process. I cannot remember which part came first but we had to do maths/english assessments like you do for most courses (both were on computer if I remember correctly). And then I we had to write some essay, but I think that was at only one of them, and we obviously did the talky interviewy bit as well. I know one in particular (the one I didn't get into) wanted me to have had recent work experience/vol work in the care sector. The other wasn't that bothered my experience was in the past. But I would apply to a couple of colleges as access to nursing is a highly popular course, there are far more people applying than there are spaces for!

Rebecca don't listen to whoever said that, you are not a wimp whatsoever, it's very wise to keep your distance!

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 05:04 PM

Thanks amy!! Thats helpful!

How are you?

Wonderland. 14-06-2017 05:10 PM

I'm good, been to town and got a mint cooler from costa noms!

Are you up to much?

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 05:16 PM

Sounds good!! Mint cooler sounds yummy!

Nah. Just watching game of thrones!

Wonderland. 14-06-2017 05:27 PM

It was very yummy!

Is there anything you haven't watched?!

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 05:31 PM

Haha! I do watch a lot!
Im really hoping that come September, i wont have much time to watch tv!
It does get boring!

Wonderland. 14-06-2017 05:58 PM

Yeah hopefully!
I know you say there isn't much to do near you, but did you ever look into the GP gym referral thing?

Sketchy 14-06-2017 05:58 PM

Hi everyone.

I scrolled back and saw that you passed your exam Beckie. Well done. I knew you could do it! :)

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 06:00 PM

I did go to the gym for a while but i hated it! I just found it incredibly boring. I love my clubbercise and zumba though. I like exercise, it just has to be fun!!

Thanks lorraine! :)
How are you?

Sketchy 14-06-2017 06:06 PM

I'm ok thanks. Sketching in my sketchbook in a different coffee shop from normal. I'm going through Morrisons after this.

Wonderland. 14-06-2017 06:13 PM

Beckie I'm looking at one of the leisure centres sites that I think is close to you and the GP gym referral thing isn't just for going in the gym. There is all sorts. I'll message you the link and I'm sure if theres a leisure centre closer it'll be similar thing they do.

What have you been sketching Lorraine?

Sketchy 14-06-2017 06:18 PM

I've been sketching ideas for paintings. Some of it's abstract, some are tunnels.

I'm applying for voluntary work. It's with an arts organisation where if I get it I'll be teaching art workshops, which is like teaching or a therapeutic thing. I've done this plenty of times for a living when I was working as a freelance artist, so I hope I get it because it will be a foot back in the door. I'm not well enough for full time work, but this I can do and hopefully i can gradually build it up to working again when well enough.

Shy_Bambi 14-06-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttons. (Post 4114836)

Rebecca that sounds like entirely justifiable fear, not at all being a wimp!! Are the police aware of the stuff they've done, like the burglary and rocks?

The police caught the one who burgled us one time and they surrounded my mum in the street about it, but we didn't report him, he admitted it to them. Like he was proud or something. Once he tried climbing in the window when I was home alone.

Sketchy 14-06-2017 06:24 PM

That's awful Rebecca. I don't know what to say that's useful, but I do hope things get better.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 06:24 PM

That sounds nice Lorraine :)
And would be great if you could do the voluntary work. It sounds awesome!

Thanks amy! I shall have a look!

That sounds horrible Rebecca. Is moving away an option?

Sketchy 14-06-2017 06:27 PM

Thanks. I'm definitely applying and not chickening out. I need to try and get my life back. I really hope I get it. I think I'll have a look and see what other art opportunities there are.

Wonderland. 14-06-2017 06:30 PM

Sounds like an awesome opportunity Lorraine!

No worries Beckie!

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 06:37 PM

Yes definitely apply!! Its great you're getting back into things!

Anyone up to anything exciting?

Sketchy 14-06-2017 07:38 PM

I'm not up to much. I'm just home now, so going to relax.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 07:45 PM

Sounds like a plan

Im really bored! And waiting for carer. They aren't usually this late.

Sketchy 14-06-2017 07:52 PM

That's annoying having to wait. I hope they come soon.

Any plans for tomorrow? I'm going shopping for my dad's fathers day present, have to go to the bank to sort a change in my rent, then home to tidy and paint. A busy day tomorrow.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 07:54 PM

They should turn up at some point soon!

Not much on tomorrow. I have clubbercise in the evening and i need to go to asda as usual!!
I actually didnt go to asda today which was odd! Lol!
I need to do something else because i think i will go insane otherwise!

Thats a busy day! Its nice to be busy sometimes!

Sketchy 14-06-2017 07:56 PM

That's good you have clubbercise. Are there any other classes you could go to to keep busy? Or even groups you could join? Maybe try something new.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 08:00 PM

Ive looked around but there isnt much about at all! I might have to look further afield as my little town is pretty boring! And a lot of things cost money.

Sketchy 14-06-2017 08:10 PM

It's annoying that everything costs money.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 08:28 PM

It is indeed!
I wish i lived somewhere interesting.
Somewhere with woodland walks or lovely big country parks.
I'd like to move back to Norwich one day. We moved away when i was 6 but it's always felt like home to me!
Lovely old city with cobblestones and the market and woodlands and the broads and plenty of little coastal towns and Great Yarmouth within driving distance and the castle looking over the town centre. And there are unique old shops which literally haven't changed since my mum was a teenager!
Love Norwich!
And i could also get a 2 bed place, with garden and walking distance from the city centre for less than im paying for my 1 bed place with no garden!

Buttons. 14-06-2017 09:03 PM

Maybe add that move to potential long term goals Beckie, sounds like a lovely place.

Me and a support worker managed to wash my hair with a washing up bowl without causing too much chaos and I feel so much better for it!

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 09:08 PM

Its definitely in the long term goals!
If i ever get to apply to uni, i will be applying for UEA in Norwich. Went to an open day there and i loved it!
Norwich is just awesome :p

Thats great katy! Clean hair really can make the world of difference to how you feel :)

Buttons. 14-06-2017 09:20 PM

Sounds like a good poa! Yeah I really do feel so much better.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 09:25 PM

Up to much?

Im watching 24 hours in A&E but will probably be in bed soon!

Buttons. 14-06-2017 09:32 PM

I'm watching the met policing in London then probably bit of the news then sleepy times so ready to be up early tomorrow.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 09:43 PM

Sounds like a plan!

Im off to bed now. Feeling very sick and headachey. Probably the heat!
Night all

Buttons. 14-06-2017 09:53 PM

Oh dear :( hope you feel better soon! My stomach seems a bit dodgy as well. Maybe RYL has given us a bug ;-p

not_so_insig 14-06-2017 10:13 PM

I think that there's something about this site today as I have had mild stomach ache all day. I feel boiling hot atm.

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 10:37 PM

Thats very strange!
Maybe its the heat?

I am now not feeling sick, headache is coming and going and i cant bloody sleep because im getting up every 10 bloody minutes to pee!!

not_so_insig 14-06-2017 10:45 PM

Ouch that doesn't sound fun Beckie!

Cacoethes 14-06-2017 11:09 PM

Its not! Seems to be easing now. Im very restless now!

I just got an email from new look refunding my money from the parcel i never got. And gave me a 10% off voucher so it's all good!!
I don't know why they emailed at 11pm though! Lol

Cacoethes 15-06-2017 10:42 AM

Morning guys!
Terrible nights sleep. Was so restless!
How are we all?

not_so_insig 15-06-2017 11:03 AM

Apart from slight stomach ache and back ache I am good.

Cacoethes 15-06-2017 11:08 AM

Hope you feel better soon dawn!
Got much on today?

Shy_Bambi 15-06-2017 11:50 AM

.good morning!!

Cacoethes 15-06-2017 11:55 AM

Morning rebecca! How are you?

Shy_Bambi 15-06-2017 11:59 AM

I'm good today. I had a really nice dream for once and it's perked me up. It's really hot though, not a fan of the heat!!

How are you?

Cacoethes 15-06-2017 12:05 PM

Thats really good :)

Im not a fan of the heat either!
Im ok thanks. Bit bored!

Shy_Bambi 15-06-2017 12:07 PM

Oh I hate being bored!! Have you been to Asda yet? If you take your time there it could keep you busy for a while!

Cacoethes 15-06-2017 12:12 PM

Not yet. Just watching the bill.
Might go for a coffee in town if its not too hot and busy!!