RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Harriyot 10-08-2012 02:23 PM

I'm reading comics, as usual. (My PhD is on comics)
Currently, I'm reading Grant Morrison's 'Arkham Asylum' one-shot. It's not bad!

Morpheus 10-08-2012 03:13 PM

i read comics as well. :) I am currently reading fables. :) I have read grant morrison's arkham asylum, i liked it.

marieqoza 10-08-2012 03:37 PM

At the moment I am reading "Twiligh"t in English [I have already read it in German a few years ago].

Before that I read "Die Schmetterlingsinsel" by Corina Bomann.
I really loved that one and can only recommend it.

pandachan 10-08-2012 04:16 PM

I'm almost done with Carlton Mellick III's 'Satan Burger'. It's a fantastic read. He's so bizzare, guess that's where the 'bizzaro genre' comes from.. But hilarious, not just random weird **** that makes no sense... It's science fiction-y, with some philosophical content as well.

But the plot basically.. is that God has turned his back on the world, heaven and hell are closed, and Satan has moved to Earth to open a burger shop in an effort to collect people's souls and therefore stay alive. The main characters are a bunch of skinheads and gutterpunks that still have their souls, unlike most of the human population remaining on Earth, who are wandering about practically undead, bored with life but still living.

Anyway, it's great. :D

melodypond 10-08-2012 04:37 PM

At the moment I'm reading "As I Wake" by Elizabeth Scott. But I just finished "Memoirs of a Teenage Amsesiac" by Gabrielle Zevin. Also I recently read "Partial" by Dan Wells (it is amazing and I love it)

Sorry if I was only supposed to post one O_O

ParaParaParadise 12-08-2012 02:48 PM

Currently reading By The Light of The Moon by Dean Koontz.

nowhereman 12-08-2012 04:43 PM

Another ballet book called Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe.

Crazycatlady 12-08-2012 06:15 PM

I bought a kindle a couple of weeks ago and I can't put it down, I'm on my 4th book on there already and I'm a slow reader normally lol.

I read a book called Zombie Fallout, which is about... well, zombies lol. Its a good one though, I've read some zombie books which I thought were rubbish.
Next I read an idiot abroad, because it was 20p on kindle store and I loved the series :P
My favourite that I've read so far on there is 'a street cat named bob'. Its about how a guy and cat found each other, literally saved each other's lives. Its an amazing read, especially if you're a crazy cat lady like me lol.
I'm now reading 11.22.63 (although I keep wanting to call it 22.11.63 lol) by Stephen King, up to chapter 2, so far so good :D

Danceintherain804 12-08-2012 09:00 PM

I'm currently reading Frankenstein for AP english, and it's actually pretty good! I'm gonna sound like a total dork for saying this, but there are tons of cool literary devices Mary Shelley uses in there! :P

Sketchy 12-08-2012 09:21 PM

^ I bought Frankenstein ages ago but it's still sitting on my book shelf with a pile of books I've still to read. I may eventually start it.

Danceintherain804 12-08-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sketchy (Post 3330895)
^ I bought Frankenstein ages ago but it's still sitting on my book shelf with a pile of books I've still to read. I may eventually start it.

it's pretty good! i'd recommend it :) it's an easy read too

nowhereman 13-08-2012 03:13 AM

Tonight I bought Once Upon a Nightwish (Nightwish biography) I will start that next.

melodypond 13-08-2012 04:18 AM

I'm reading "Liar" by Justine larbalestier. Very interesting. A young adult murderer mystery from the point of view of a teenaged pathological liar. But she swears she's telling us all the truth surrounding her boyfriends death. So its very interesting to read and see just what you believe. Who knows if the entire murder is made up?

Rodolphus 13-08-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danceintherain804 (Post 3330842)
I'm currently reading Frankenstein for AP english, and it's actually pretty good! I'm gonna sound like a total dork for saying this, but there are tons of cool literary devices Mary Shelley uses in there! :P

Literally bought and started reading this yesterday, I'm really enjoying it :)
I love the way she wrote.

makedamnsure 13-08-2012 12:19 PM

I liked Frankenstein but the writing was occasionally a bit too flowery for me.
I've been reading lots lately. Read i know why the caged bird sings, Sherlock holmes, jungle book, and most recently started game of thrones which I'm enjoying much more than I expected!

Happyhead 13-08-2012 08:51 PM

Currently reading Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky with thanks to the videogame Metro 2033 which made me aware of this book. Post apocaalyptic Moscow where the survivors all live in the Moscow Metro due to a nuclear winter being up top

ParaParaParadise 15-08-2012 07:26 PM

Today I started to read Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke.

The War Doctor 15-08-2012 09:10 PM

I'm about halfway through A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, and I've also started reading Batman Unauthorised. It's a collection of essays about various things related to Batman, and it's actually very interesting.

Revolving Door 23-08-2012 09:14 AM

Just finished Uglies By Scott Westerfeld

Just started How I Live Now By Meg Rosoff

happywondering 23-08-2012 11:03 AM

I'm now on the fifh book of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. The biggest problem with reading the books is to not actually say too much to the people who have only watched the tv program.