RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 13-03-2023 09:15 AM

I wish I could!
But I have work :(

Meh. Woken up with a headache which sucks.

How are you?

long road 13-03-2023 11:51 AM

Morning!

I too have a headache but then I had one went I went to sleep so it's not a massive suprise. I was just hoping I would sleep it off.

Still not sleeping great. Got maybe 6 hours.

Hope work goes quickly and the customers behave themselves for once Beckie.

Naps sound tempting Zurg but I want to try and get back on routine if at all possible.

Cacoethes 13-03-2023 12:03 PM

How annoying!
Headaches are awful.
I took painkillers and it's slightly better now.
Though I'm randomly quite light sensitive.

Thanks.
Customers rarely behave themselves though lol

long road 13-03-2023 12:44 PM

Time to look like a cool kid and wear sunglasses indoors
:cool:

I think mine is because of my hayfever.

I know they rarely behave. Tis why I said for once XD

Not got up properly yet. Just chilling listening to music and reading in bed.

Cacoethes 13-03-2023 12:49 PM

It's actually not cold at all. Just ridiculously windy

one_step_closer 13-03-2023 02:11 PM

Hey everyone. It's raining a little bit here and cloudy. Dull weather.

Beckie and Jen, I hope your headaches ease soon.

I hope work goes well, Beckie and you don't get a soaking hoody at some point!

What are you reading, Jen?

How are you, Kat?

not_so_insig 13-03-2023 02:33 PM

Hello all. I am feeling very ill and didn't get much sleep last night. Not too sure if I have caught a cold as I am sneezing a lot. It's due to snow tonight and tomorrow but fortunately I have plenty of food and drink so I dont have to go out in it.

one_step_closer 13-03-2023 02:38 PM

Do you always get the worst of the weather when it's predicted, Dawn? I'm sorry you're feeling ill. Look after yourself.

tamobhuuta 13-03-2023 02:42 PM

Afternoon all.

one_step_closer 13-03-2023 02:45 PM

Hey, Tamo. How's your day going?

long road 13-03-2023 02:50 PM

Been reading a lit rpg fiction online. Something light and a bit silly but entertaining.

Might try reading properly later I got part way into Code Name: Helene at Christmas and then FND flared and I didn't have energy for proper reading.

Had brunch of a bacon sandwich and a cup of biscuit tea and am now watching Survivor.

not_so_insig 13-03-2023 02:56 PM

Yes Lindsay I get really bad snow in my village. Last week the buses didn't run for 3 days in the whole of the county.

It's very dark and windy here today. Havent even attempted to watch TV yet. But the good news is that I had my parcel today.

Zurg 13-03-2023 03:15 PM

I hope you feel better soon, Dawn. Being ill and possibly trapped inside because of snow can feel a bit claustrophobic!!!

I am listening to an old Volbeat album. Trying to block out the noise from my dumbass neighbour. When i feel mentally stressed, i tend to reach the state of murderous rage quite fast because unwanted noise makes me even more stressed. I hate that guy!!! He has been nothing but a bloody idiot to live next to ever since the unfortunate day that he moved in >:(
The first guy was even worse, though. I tried complaining to the housing association but it never really helped, just made him even more mental…. So i feel that complaining, although possibly stress relieving, won't make much difference at all.

I hate people!!!!

Cacoethes 13-03-2023 03:36 PM

My headache is back in full force and I'm pretty shaky.
Not fun!
Though oddly, customers have all been polite and know what they want when they come to order.
Very suspicious. You know when things go TOO well

long road 13-03-2023 03:50 PM

I sometimes miss snow now I live in the south west, got a lot where I grew up. But I don't miss being stuck and not able to go anywhere as the roads are covered and the buses just won run. I almost missed my first ever ALevel exam due to snow, they promised the buses would run, the buses did not run and I onlygot there because the mum of an acquaintance turned up on their land rover to give them a lift and offered me one. And even then the hill my school was on wasn't passable so I had to walk up it.

With my mobility now ice and snow just makes life harder in general. And I don't have capacity to do the fun bits and go sledding. So in balance I don't really miss snow, but the gun I had in it as a kid.

Glad the delivery person made it to your house despite the bad weather Dawn.

Gah to noisy neighbours Zurg. I was very glad when my upstairs neighbour moved out they would blast much through the floor and have very loud arguements and relations...

Eurgh to headache mine is still lingering but not too bad. Do you think shakiness could be low blood sugar? Could you try a d eat or drink something quickly.

The customers may be suspicious but at least it is easy for now. *Knock on wood* that your post didn't jink anything!

not_so_insig 13-03-2023 04:30 PM

My illness is much better now that I have had some food. Also been making sure that I drink plenty of fluids.

one_step_closer 13-03-2023 05:49 PM

Bacon sandwich, yum. Do you have sauce with it, Jen? There are three of those books that you're reading, right? Did you watch Killing Eve?

I'm glad your parcel arrived, Dawn, and that you're making sure you're eating and drinking. I hope the bad weather passes soon.

I feel really sorry for you, Kat. I hated when I had upstairs neighbours. They would party most nights from about 9pm to 3am or longer and we could hear them walking and slamming doors and shouting and their dogs barking. I got really anxious and suicidal about it. When my Dad died and my brother moved out I was quick to move.

I'm glad the customers aren't being annoying today, Beckie. I hope it stays like that. How are you feeling now? I hope you're ok. I agree with Jen about eating/drinking.

one_step_closer 13-03-2023 05:51 PM

Light snow here now. Don't know if it will come to anything.

long road 13-03-2023 06:05 PM

I have red sauce i.e ketchup in my bacon sandwich. My partner has brown sauce. Not sure about trilogy as I got the book as a Christmas present but I am enjoying it. The action switches a lot between different periods of the main characters life. Not watching killing eve, Ialthoigh it is on my list for when I have concentration rather than wanting easy TV, don't think it's related to the book thoigh? Book is set pre and during second world war and I thought Killing eve was modern day.

I just paonted a base coat on the terrain we have been building for an RPG fight. My headache is now worse there is a small chance it was the paint but I am using non toxic stuff. Think it was because the paint smells so I had the window open and that let the pesky tree pollen in. It definitely feels like a contesty sinus headache.

Taken a decongestant and polaracetamol and going to try and rest.

Ahimsa 13-03-2023 06:19 PM

Oh no, there are definitely a few cold type things going around!! I hope you get some rest.

Cacoethes 13-03-2023 07:55 PM

Ooh bacon sandwich.
I love a greggs one.

Back from work.
This moretti promotion is already doing my head in. It's buy one get one free on an app. Fine. But we have to put through both and then go and hunt down a manager to hospo off the second one and put the receipt in the till.
It's running for a whole month...

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 08:37 AM

Morning everyone

It's chucking it down :(

Zurg 14-03-2023 10:25 AM

Morning Beckie :)

It was snowing like mad here when i Got up. Now the Sun is shining.
I have my first time in my therapy group today. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the others. But it looks quite cold outside so not really looking forward to the ride to the hospital. But i ain't Got no time for buses

Zurg 14-03-2023 10:30 AM

I accidently pressed 'post' in a panic because i heard a loud crash from my bedroom and ran to rescue Findus from whatever shenanigans he had gotten himself into. Turns out he tipped over one of my laundry baskets so he could crawl inside and make a bunny cave…. I gave him a piece of carrot for his insightfulness and his perseverence :D

How are you today, Beckie??

tamobhuuta 14-03-2023 11:26 AM

Morning guys.

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 11:39 AM

Morning!

It's sunny here now too.
Not that cold either.

I hope your therapy group goes well!

Glad findus is ok!

I'm ok.
Had gym this morning and was going to go straight to the retail park but my headphones ran out of battery. It's a 20-25 min walk there and I am not doing that walk in silence!
So I've come home to charge headphones before heading out again.

Hey tamo
How are you?

tamobhuuta 14-03-2023 11:48 AM

I'm still feeling rotten with covid. I had a dream that I was walking in the tibetan mountains with my therapist. I don't have a therapist...

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 11:55 AM

Sorry to hear that

I had some weird dreams last night too
Really random

one_step_closer 14-03-2023 12:01 PM

Morning everyone. It's just grey here. I think I'll need to wear my boots and get changed in the leisure centre for the gym group though because the ground is wet and it might rain/snow again.

I hope it doesn't start raining again when you go out, Beckie. What music do you have on your phone/whatever?

I hope your therapy group goes well, Kat. I don't know if I could cope with a Findus!

Sorry you're still unwell, Tamo. Are any of your family over Covid yet?

one_step_closer 14-03-2023 12:14 PM

It's snowing quite a bit now. I don't know if I should wear my joggers or my jeans on the way to the gym group. I have to wait at a bus stop for a bit and then do some walking. I can't be bothered getting changed out of my jeans at the leisure centre. It's enough bother changing my shoes. Other people usually walk in their gym stuff. I'll probably just wear my joggers and boots.

one_step_closer 14-03-2023 12:16 PM

The snow is getting thick and heavy, I'll need to wear my jeans and get changed at the leisure centre.

I hope you have enjoyed my story.

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 12:22 PM

It's very sunny now so hopefully it won't rain again!

I have amazon music. Different playlists for different moods!

Even when we had all the heavy snow/rain, I wore my gym stuff. For the simple reason that I am lazy and didn't want to carry extra stuff or bother getting changed at the gym.
Hope the gym group is ok!

one_step_closer 14-03-2023 02:08 PM

What sort of moods? I don't think I'd be able to figure that out. I just have one playlist with all Muse, Linkin Park and others singles and albums on it. I think I have a positive playlist too but I haven't figured it out properly so just use the other playlist.

But then your gym stuff would be soggy when you're there. Do you not even change your shoes?

The ending to my gym story is I was just about to leave and the support worker who was taking the group today phoned to say the group has been cancelled because the snow in the town where the leisure centre is has become quite bad.

tamobhuuta 14-03-2023 02:17 PM

It's a shame your gym got cancelled when you were prepped.

My brother is feeling better. I'm going to send him to the co op to get me crumpets.

not_so_insig 14-03-2023 02:20 PM

Afternoon all. I am feeling quite ill still. Not sure quite what the cause or the illness is. My cat is currently sitting on me purring away so he's doing his best to comfort me.

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 02:27 PM

All sorts of moods!
I also have a playlist which is just all the ones I've liked so doesn't match any particular mood.

Nope I do not! When its been snowy/rainy, my shoes squeak a lot and are slippy. But i still don't change. Lol

At least they managed to let you know before you left!

long road 14-03-2023 03:12 PM

Afternoon everyone!

I slept a bit better today. So far today I have had breakfast. Done meds. Tidied a little bit and made sausage rolls that are currently baking (I cheat and use the inside of sausages and shop bought puff pastry).

Now watching survivor and then will eat a late lunch including sausage rolls.

It is sunny with mostly blue skies here and no snow to speak of. According to my phone it is a balmy 10°C. Sorry snow cancelled your gym group OSC, but probably sensible if the snow is really thick. Hope everyone else stays dry and warmish.

Hope the ill people feel better soon. I still have a headache silly pollen.

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 03:19 PM

Oooh sausage rolls!

It's 8° here. But doesn't feel too cold outside. Not once you get walking anyway.

long road 14-03-2023 05:07 PM

I can report the sausage rolls were delicious. Have a load left over for the next couple of days.

I also appear to be having a productive day by accident. Got caught in a bit of a cleaning loop. So far I have folded and put away dry laundry, put on a load of towels and hung them up when it finished, put on a second load of dark clothes, and put mould cleaner to soak on the mould in-between the bathroom tiles. Still have a load of washing up to and then wipe off mould cleaner when it's soaked.. On a bit of a cleaning mission at the moment as my parents are visiting from Thursday. Yesterday I gave the toilet a through clean and cleaned the bathroom mirror plus swept up a bit in kitchen and did some washing up (my partner usually does all the washing up but he has hurt his finger and can't get it wet for a few days so I am on washing up duty plus doing more cleaning and cooking)

Now forcing myself to rest as I may have done too many things. Proud I did the things though, but yeah last few days have not necessarily been the best paced. I haven't had a fatigue crash yet but trying not to tempt fate further.

not_so_insig 14-03-2023 05:28 PM

Evening all. I am feeling a bit better than yesterday and better than before. Thankfully I don't have to be anywhere today so having an early night. Sleep seems to help. Contemplating ordering off just eat because I don't feel well enough to cook.

one_step_closer 14-03-2023 05:54 PM

Did your brother get your crumpets, Tamo? What do you have on them?

Do what you need to do to look after yourself, Dawn. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better at least.

I've just noticed my previous post says Linking Park. I hate when autocorrect does that and I don't notice.

Beckie, you really need to dress for the weather! You can't be getting soaked etc and having slippy shoes. Honestly woman!

Wow, you've done lots today, Jen. I hope it doesn't catch up with you in a negative way. Get some good rest.

Zurg 14-03-2023 05:56 PM

I Think ordering food would be okay under those circumstances, Dawn :)

Go you, Jen!!!! That's a lot of stuff to get done in one day!!! Now have a break with coffee and a sausage roll more :p

I hope you did something nice for yourself since gym group Got cancelled, Lindsay :)

Hope you're back inside Beckie!!!

The group was really awesome. I'm looking forward to being part of it for the next while!!! Forced myself to clean the bird cages this afternoon. Findus helped with the hoovering (Well, he insisted on carrying the wire in his mouth… but trying not to chew it was just too irresistable so he Got shoo'ed away… )
I am broke and have only buns for dinner all week. Could be worse though!!! At least i can afford the trip to the pet supply store tomorrow if i try to limit myself to choosing the cheapest brands. Poor mini zoo. I suppose cheap bird seeds are better than none, though…

not_so_insig 14-03-2023 05:58 PM

We were supposed to have really bad snow today but there's none. It has rained though.

one_step_closer 14-03-2023 06:07 PM

I'm glad you found the group to be positive, Kat. :-) Nice of Findus to try and help with the hoovering. Maybe your birds will prefer the cheaper seeds. Being broke is not good. Buns are good but maybe not so good every day. When will you next have money?

Where do you get your weather info, Dawn? I'm finding often that some sources predict wrongly and the Met Office is supposedly more accurate.

Zurg 14-03-2023 06:26 PM

I get my next payment on monday, Lindsay. So not broke for the rest of the month. I get a disability pension but it is administered by a financial case worker because people pressured me into it due to a massive shopping addiction when i was younger. So my payments are split into Four Weekly ones and an additional monthly payment for my bills account.

not_so_insig 14-03-2023 06:40 PM

It was all over the two local news Facebook groups Lindsay.

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 07:14 PM

Well done for getting so much done Jen!
Definitely rest now!

I do need to start dressing for the weather.
My brain really doesn't make much sense.
It's become a running joke at the gym that I refuse to show pain but i don't know why i don't.
I think I'm just stubborn. Or like a guinea pig, they refuse to show pain or illness because they are prey animals. Maybe I have the brain of a guinea pig??

I'm glad the group was helpful zurg!
I'm sure the zoo will cope with the cheap stuff for a bit!
I am often in the same situation. So i try and stock up on guinea pig stuff when I actually do have money (hay, pellets etc.) And just top up during the week.

not_so_insig 14-03-2023 07:46 PM

In the end I didn't order from just eat. I had beans on toast instead.

long road 14-03-2023 09:06 PM

I had an hour and a half nap. I needed it. Ordered pizza for dinner as I didn't really have enough energy to cookdi manage to wash off the mould cleaner though. About to hang up washing load number 2

Cacoethes 14-03-2023 09:50 PM

Back from glow beatz.
Apparently the heating system is broken so the radiators were on full blast! Got a bit warm! Luckily my spot is right by a fire exit so i opened the door XD