RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 11:14 AM

It really is Lillie!

chinahorse 16-07-2017 11:22 AM

Hey eska what're you up to today?

Eska 16-07-2017 11:41 AM

Just been trying to choose my modules... it's exhausting! I don't know how people manage to do this all the time! I've never had a choice before. Think I've got them nailed down now though.

I managed not to sleep during the day yesterday so I'm aiming to repeat that today, too. Oh, and I have nyoooooms to watch in a bit :D

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 11:47 AM

That sounds quite confusing!

Yay for not sleeping during the day!
By nyooooms i guess you mean F1? Lol!

chinahorse 16-07-2017 11:47 AM

That's good eska. You want things youre interested in but remember to take into account how they are assessed and how long the module lasts.

Yay for managing not to sleep in the day!! Teehee nyoooms.

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 12:10 PM

I am waiting for train. It is 13 mins late :plain:

Eska 16-07-2017 12:11 PM

Beckie it is confusing! So many options. I hope I get onto the ones I've chosen after all this. I'm going to be doing a lotttttt of writing. And reading.
And yes, that's what I mean!

Lillie they're pretty much all assessed by essays. There was one that had a creative writing element but I'm not opting for that!

Eska 16-07-2017 12:11 PM

Boo for late trains

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 12:20 PM

I think nyoooommss is a better name for it tbh.

Apparently there was a fault on the train but it is fixed now

Shy_Bambi 16-07-2017 12:41 PM

*have just woken up and am nomming cocopops* Good afternoon everyone!! :D

chinahorse 16-07-2017 01:08 PM

Hope you get the ones you want eska!

Glad the train came even if it was late beckie, hopefully it won't put you out for the appointment.

Hey rebecca :)

Shy_Bambi 16-07-2017 01:14 PM

Oh late trains are the worst!

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 01:16 PM

Just pulling into london now!
We've left plenty of time to get to appointment so its all good!

Hi Rebecca!

chinahorse 16-07-2017 01:21 PM

Oh that's good beckie :)

Wish I lived thay close to London. I'm now somewhere near Salisbury.

Shy_Bambi 16-07-2017 01:33 PM

Enjoy your time here in London! Even if it is just to go to an appointment!

Buttons. 16-07-2017 02:16 PM

Hope your journey is alright Lillie, that sounds so cute Beckie, what are you thinking of choosing Eska? Hi Rebecca! (don't think I've missed anyone!)

I just got in from epic time at Disability Awareness Day massive festival, was so great being around all these different people and it all being okay if you're different/'weird' if you know what I mean? genuinely so friendly and loads to look at different stalls and that, plus I forgot to get money out which meant I couldn't buy anything (except one epic T-shirt where they had a card thingy) and I still had such a good time proves can have fab time with no money.

chinahorse 16-07-2017 02:21 PM

Oh wow thay sounds epic Katy. What sort of stalls were they? What's the shirt like?

Eska 16-07-2017 02:40 PM

Katy that sounds awesome! I'm happy you had such a good time :) It's always great being in an environment where you can be yourself and everyone accepts that without even having to think about it.

I'm planning on doing one on Africa, one about black British writing, and one about Derrida and deconstruction. Should be good! Plus there's a compulsory one on research methods so I've been doing the reading for that.

Shy_Bambi 16-07-2017 02:46 PM

That sounds epic Katy!! :D

Buttons. 16-07-2017 03:00 PM

Eska that all sounds really interesting.

It was amazing. There were like loads of awareness stalls, some help stalls, disabled friendly acitvities, icecream and burger vans few kiddie (and adapatable) rides and other bits and bats. Though kept having to persuade my dog (tons of people brought their dogs) that Guide dogs were not to be played with after some poor woman nearly went head first cos my dog was distracting her Guide dog!

My T-shirt says 'they see me rolling' with a wheelchair pic on it :P cheesefest! My support worker always sings 'we're rolling, we're rolling' when I'm out and about in wheelchair :P

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 05:25 PM

Hey guys

That t shirt sounds awesome katy!!

Im on the tube back to kings cross then im off home
Am very tired!
And its gonna be longer because the met line is being stupid so i have to take the Piccadilly line.
I much prefer the met line trains!

Shy_Bambi 16-07-2017 05:40 PM

I don't like trains at all Beckie! I would prefer to take the bus, even if it takes hours!

I've just found out the new Doctor who has been announced. I missed it, but I know who it is now, and I can confidently say I'm not going to watch it. I don't want to say who it is incase others don't know, but I think this will spoil the whole thing :(

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 05:45 PM

The bus would take forever! And I'll probably have to change bus a million times to get there!
But there are some drunk guys here that are very annoying!
I have my music on high as it can go and i can still bloody hear them!!

I just saw it on Facebook. Im not sure but tbh i wasnt sure about capaldi and he turned out to be awesome!
So i shall reserve judgement until ive seen them in a few episodes

Eska 16-07-2017 06:02 PM

Give me trains over buses any day. I'm sorry about the drunk guys though Beckie, that always sucks. Makes me very glad I have noise-cancelling headphones! They're basically my favourite things ever for public transport.

My friend just told me about the new Doctor... I haven't watched it in ages though.

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 06:09 PM

Theyve quieted down a bit now!
It depends on which mood im in whether i prefer buses or trains.
Im in a bus phase right now!
I should invest in some noise cancelling headphones! Although id be worried about missing important announcements!

Buttons. 16-07-2017 06:12 PM

^ I'm the same. Like if I want to read or concentrate I prefer trains as reading on buses/cars/whatever makes me feel ill, but if I just want to zone and listen to music I prefer buses.

Eska 16-07-2017 06:23 PM

Katy that makes a lot of sense!

chinahorse 16-07-2017 06:42 PM

Sounds like an awesome tshirt Katy if cheese :P

I with you Katy buses are good for just zoning out on unless you miss your stop. That's less good.

I'm back in hell after a nice few hours in Starbucks wasting time and stealing wifi.

Buttons. 16-07-2017 06:44 PM

I made sense? What is this magic??? :P

Buttons. 16-07-2017 06:45 PM

Yeah missing stops is not so good.

Sorry you're back in hell, the Starbucks and wifi sounds good though. What did you have in Starbucks?

chinahorse 16-07-2017 06:51 PM

I had a caramel coffee frappe with cream and a tomato mozzarella and pesto panini. It was delicious.

Buttons. 16-07-2017 06:56 PM

Sounds nommy!

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 06:58 PM

It does make sense! I cant read on buses or cars either.
When i get the bus, i always get off at the very last stop either way so i can properly zone out on the bus!!

That sounds amazing lillie!!

Im at kings now. My train isbt for abother 20 mins or so. Luckily i have located a seat!
Also, major plus for having crutches, they let me into the toilet for free! :p

chinahorse 16-07-2017 06:59 PM

Yay for being let in the loo for free thats such a bonus. And suppose it's better to be there a bit early than be running like I was this morning.

Buttons. 16-07-2017 07:01 PM

Ha ha I understand that loo thing, I remember some guy being proper amazed by my radar key to get into the disabled loo. Pros of disiability :P

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 07:08 PM

Im glad i am early.
I really start to freak out if i think im going to be late!

Haha! You have the magic key katy!! :p

chinahorse 16-07-2017 07:11 PM

Teehee the magic key!

Though someone once told me you can buy them online?!

Buttons. 16-07-2017 07:11 PM

Totally!

Buttons. 16-07-2017 07:13 PM

Yes you can which I think is great as some people with 'invisible' issues like incontinence or indeed anxiety sometimes struggle to get a key. I had a support worker who had to get a key online for her son with autism.

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 07:18 PM

I keep meaning to get one. They're only a few quid!

Am on train. Another perk of being a cripple is people give you seats :p
It is v busy!

chinahorse 16-07-2017 07:23 PM

I see Katy it's very useful you can get them then!

Lol its had to hAve its upsides I suppose beckie, how long will you be on them for?

Buttons. 16-07-2017 07:23 PM

Ah but sometimes the power of the disabled can be (fantastically) misused-at uni I had a friend in an electronic wheelchair and they gave him a button key to open the car entrance as his chair wouldn't fit through stupidly small pedestrian one. He used to espec. if we were out of an evening and loads of drunk students were around, press the button hidden in his leave then put two hands to his head and look at the gate as though opening it with his mind ala Professor X. Was Hilarious. Especially if stoners had the misfortune to walk past ;D

Buttons. 16-07-2017 07:25 PM

And yes Beckie, how are you doing with the whole healing thing?

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 07:49 PM

That sounds hilarious katy!!! XD

Its getting better thanks!
Im going to try and not use the crutches tomorrow and see how it goes

Buttons. 16-07-2017 07:58 PM

Maybe keep them with you just in case though? You don't want to put pressure on yourself too quickly.

Shy_Bambi 16-07-2017 08:17 PM

Wow so I just woke up, apparently I fell asleep with the laptop resting on my lap soon after I last posted here xD
Still tired though. I might go to sleep early today. Theres nothing on TV on sundays :\
I hope your journey is going okay Beckie!

Buttons. 16-07-2017 08:20 PM

Bless, you must have needed it Rebecca! Yeah Sunday TV is a bit ****. Would I lie to you is on BBC at some point though I think, if you like that. I love Rob Brydon and Lee Mack.

Cacoethes 16-07-2017 08:44 PM

I wont really be doing that much walking.
Got to go to the place for my theory test which is just a train ride and a short walk and then my driving instructor is picking me up after so I'll be driving home.

Wow! You must have needed the sleep Rebecca!

Im home and showred and about to watch men in black 3.
I am so tired!

chinahorse 16-07-2017 08:48 PM

Haha Katy that is hilarious!

Sounds like an early night may be in order rebecca.

Busy day vmbeckie no wonder you're tired.

I want to wash but my towels are in the dryer.

Buttons. 16-07-2017 08:59 PM

I'm tired but not sleepy if that makes sense. At least I had my meds this evening. Anticipated night carer not turning up again (which they didn't)-luckily my day carer left them out for me just in case.