RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

nicole94 09-01-2011 02:59 AM

*Hugs Helen and Kitty*
Kitty-I'm sorry people can be so awful :( Please try to stay safe hun, for your baby if not for yourself. And we are all your friends, I know it's not the same, but it's better that nothing.
Helen-I know, I know that it's bad for me, not a healthy way of dealing with things and everything, but I need it. :(

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 03:03 AM

I didn't mean to address that part just to Nicole. It was meant for everyone, really. Just didn't think to separate it for any confusion. I don't know for sure if I am pregnant yet, but it's highly likely. I have been so nauseous lately and every time I eat, afterwords I feel even more nauseous. And my menstrual cycle was supposed to start on Wednesday. It is now Saturday night and I haven't started yet. I can't afford to go out and get a pregnancy test so I have to wait until this next Thursday at noon to get tested at a clinic. The waiting is killing me. But if I am pregnant, it's so early in the pregnancy that the baby wouldn't know and/or understand what me self harming means. What I would worry about would be the doctor seeing my scars and freaking out again (the doctor in the emergency room did) but I could always explain my way out of that..

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 03:15 AM

And, what if I am pregnant, and the school happens to deny my financial aid? Then I would be pregnant AND homeless because I wouldn't be able to pay my rent. Ugh. I don't know what to do. My husband tells me not to worry, but I can't help it...I have anxiety issues. And this whole waiting thing is killing me!

nicole94 09-01-2011 03:21 AM

*Hugs* I'm sorry hun...I don't have many words :(

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 03:31 AM

-hugs nicole- don't be sorry. I'm the one that should be sorry. And I am. I will go now. -hugs again- Sorry again.

nicole94 09-01-2011 03:36 AM

*Hugs Kitty* please don't go hun, you shouldn't be sorry.

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 03:46 AM

-hugs again- I'm sorry I can't be of any help. I'm probably making things worse for you. But I know I am not helping. And I feel like **** because of it. That's why I should go...so I don't make things worse anymore. I'm sorry..

nicole94 09-01-2011 03:55 AM

*squishes kitty* You're not making things worse hun, you need support too, please stay? You're keeping me company, thats enough for now :)

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 04:02 AM

-squishes nicole back- Ok, you've convinced me. I will stay. I will stay and keep you company. -nods-

nicole94 09-01-2011 04:07 AM

Thankyou :) Sometimes it's nice just to have someone there to chat to, even if they can't help :)

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 04:12 AM

Welcome. I don't really know what to say, though. Are you feeling any better? I'm attempting to watch TV as a distraction, but I'm having a hard time concentrating on it. I don't get it, really...I always have such a hard time focusing on distractions.

My doctor said it's not really important to have a diagnosis. But I want to know what's really wrong with me, and if there is anything that can make me better..

nicole94 09-01-2011 04:23 AM

I don't know...I suppose the urges aren't as strong now, but i'm still feeling really low. I am also watching telly to try and stay distracted :/ I know the feeling about diagnosis, I am pretty sure I have BPD, but I can't be sure as my old therapist told me there was nothing wrong with me, she told my mum I had BPD and she told my dad I had bipolar disorder :/ but she put me into DBT and BPD is the diagnosis that fits me best, so I am going with that.

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 04:31 AM

-hugs- That's got to be frustrating. Can you get re-diagnosed by a different therapist or a psychologist? See my doctor diagnosed me with chronic post traumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder. The psychologist I went to see gave me the same diagnoses, but added Schizotypal Personality Disorder to that list. I told my doctor the other day that I don't really agree with the SPD and he said that he agreed with me, and that he thought I had BPD. He said "I would say that you have a lot of symptoms of borderline personality disorder and that would suit you better. But a diagnosis isn't necessarily important." So he didn't actually diagnose me with it. I am currently taking anti-anxiety meds and anti-depressants, but I think I need something more. He likes to argue with me if I ask him about meds though. And if I am for sure pregnant, I won't be able to take my anti-depressants anymore. The doctor said "if you are pregnant, let me know right away because the anti-depressants aren't good for pregnant women to take." I don't know what to do. I would just like someone to tell me flat out what is wrong with me.

nicole94 09-01-2011 04:36 AM

:( some people really shouldnt be in that profession! It's pathetic, the way they seem to have no idea what they're talking about, I could tell them more than they already know!

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 05:02 AM

I swear sometimes that I could, too. Lol. Sorry it took me so long to reply. My mom called and talked forever. -hugs-

nicole94 09-01-2011 05:14 AM

lol, thats ok :) What time is it there?

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 05:17 AM

It's 9:16 pm here. And it's snowing out. I hate snow. What time is it where you are?

nicole94 09-01-2011 05:21 AM

:O I love snow, i'm jealous! it's 5.21am here :) lol

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 05:24 AM

I hate snow because I'm cold blooded. I can never put on enough clothes to stay warm. I literally freeze to the bone. And snow = cold. And holy crap that's really late/early, whichever way you want to look at it. You should get some sleep, hun.

nicole94 09-01-2011 05:26 AM

lol, I am always freezing in the snow too, but it's good fun :) And i'm not really tired, although I probably should be :/