RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

long road 11-08-2023 09:29 AM

That really sucks Jenna. I hadn't thought about jobs like yours. At least when I was working unless I was in a meeting I could pop out into the lobby to take a call.

Seems like asthma gets you an early call. Just got off the phone with the nurse. She wants to see me in person again as things don't seem to have improved, make sure we have a plan for the weekend. So got to head to GP surgery at 11:40am.

Ooh the beach! Hope you have spades etc. So you cancan build an sandcastle!

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 10:06 AM

Morning everyone x

Pi.R^2 11-08-2023 10:07 AM

Have an awesome day out Beckie - send me a jpg! And eat the damn chips.

Jen, hope the nurse is helpful :)

Pi.R^2 11-08-2023 10:08 AM

Oh, ninja tamo! Hi there *waves* How are you?

long road 11-08-2023 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 4360343)
Have an awesome day out Beckie - send me a jpg! And eat the damn chips.

Hope this doesn't become #chipgate after the drama of #cheesegate XD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 4360343)
Jen, hope the nurse is helpful :)

Me too! Alas I think she may want to up my steroids, and that has mental health side effects.

Morning Tamo!

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 10:12 AM

Not good tbh, already anxious. But I have my coping skills :) how are you?

long road 11-08-2023 10:34 AM

Are your coping skills helping Tamo? I hope so.
Any plans you can use to distract yourself with?

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 10:37 AM

I'm having tea with the family. Next I will try mindfulness, that's a good one.

Pi.R^2 11-08-2023 10:50 AM

Hope the mindfulness and tea with the family help you feel less anxious tamo.

Bother for steroids Jen :( Hopefully they'll only need to be short-term if you have them?

long road 11-08-2023 10:51 AM

We are British tea solves everything XD

In all seriousness I too find mindfulness very helpful.

I am a bit anxious about my appointment at 11:40am

Usually only short term Jenna but it could makes things spicy for a week or two. I am already on a week's course of steroids at a lower dose. But the higherr the dose the worse the side effects.

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 10:57 AM

I hope the steroids help LR.

Zurg 11-08-2023 11:08 AM

I hope they'll help really fast Jen, so you won't have to take them for too long!!

I hope your mindfulness Will make you feel less anxious, Tamo.

Hi Jenna *waves*

Beckie, in Denmark there has been a trend the past two summers. It's a bit weird but also a bit cool. There's this thing where a bunch of teenage guys announce a happening about digging a hole on a beach close to them. Then they invite all interested guys to come and help. So on rather a few occassions, a bunch of teenage boys show up at a random beach and they dig an enormous hole, take some selfies, fill up the hole again and then go back home XD
It's weird but also awesome!!

long road 11-08-2023 11:12 AM

*waves at Zurg* Thanks.

That is a wholesome kind of weird. I love near the beach and have been know to dig holes. You have to be careful though as there is a chance of the sides collapsing as sand can be unstable.

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 11:45 AM

That's an excellent trend.

one_step_closer 11-08-2023 12:08 PM

Hi everyone.

I hope your appointment went ok, Jen.

Have fun, Beckie!

I hope you feel better soon, Tamo.

Hi Jenna and Kat, how are you both?

long road 11-08-2023 12:13 PM

Nurse is sending me to hospital to get checked out. Not super enthusiastic about it but if it helps it helps.

one_step_closer 11-08-2023 12:22 PM

I really hope you come back from hospital feeling like you have a helpful plan.

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 01:05 PM

Good luck at the hospital lr, I hope you don't have to wait too long.

long road 11-08-2023 01:13 PM

Just got to the hospital stopped off at home to grab a fe wbits and eat a quick lunch first.

long road 11-08-2023 03:14 PM

Waiting about at the hospital had ECG and bloods. Now waiting for chest X-ray and then seeing a doctor. Although they sent me over to XRay and they have just put I need XRay not what kind of XRay or why. So poor radiographer has had to go back to ward and chase up!
X-Ray department waiting room is more chill though so I don't mind.

one_step_closer 11-08-2023 03:46 PM

Lots of things being done, Jen.

long road 11-08-2023 04:32 PM

Freedom!!
Got in and out in 3 hours which under the average wait time :)
Test results mostly good, am on antibiotics as there is a chance I have an infection.

Very happy to be home. And now about to have a well deserved rest.

tamobhuuta 11-08-2023 04:50 PM

I hope the meds help quickly. Welcome home :)

long road 11-08-2023 05:24 PM

Thanks. Home is very welcome. Am propped up in bed nice and comfy with a fan blowing cool air on to me. Going to try and nap shortly.

How is everyone else?

one_step_closer 11-08-2023 05:39 PM

That's good, Jen. Hope the infection clears up quickly. Enjoy your rest.

I just tried to use one of those split end trimmer things that are all over Facebook. Think I might need someone else to do it for me. Got a bit bored and stopped so my hair may look weird but it seemed to do something.

long road 11-08-2023 05:45 PM

I have not heard of such strange split end removing devices. Mind you beyond brushing, washing and blow drying I leave all hair stuff to hair dresser. Though that does mean hair sometimes has to wait a year between being properly look after because I keep saying I will get round to it XD

May I suggest two mirrors set looking into each other. My friend who trims his own hair with clippers uses a two mirror set up to help him see his whole head. Know you aren't shaving yours but visibility sounds useful for this strange split end device!

one_step_closer 11-08-2023 05:52 PM

You would have heard of it if you were on Facebook more!

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 05:54 PM

I'm so glad you're back home jen!
Must have been scary!

I am also home. And sunburnt XD

long road 11-08-2023 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 4360385)
You would have heard of it if you were on Facebook more!

Fair enough. I think quitting Facebook doom scroll and just popping on once or twice a week has been good for me though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4360386)
I'm so glad you're back home jen!
Must have been scary!

I am also home. And sunburnt XD

Was pretty stressful times but thankfully wasnt having a full on attack which meant things were less scary than sometimes. Same Day Emergency Care Unit waiting room is definitely nicer than A&E waiting room, there was a fridge of sandwiches, free tea and coffee, a TV showing daytime itv and people regularly checking onyou. But was very hot as had no windows or air con, the x-ray department was much better ventilated!

Oh no to the sunburn did you wear sunscreen? If you can get some aloe Vera best stuff for sun burn and make sure you apply a lot to your recent tattoo as I think sunburn can affecting tattoo healing when it's a relatively new one.

I have tried to nap but antibiotics rudely gave me indigestion! Might just lie propped up with eyes closed and listen to something.

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 06:30 PM

Your SDEC sounds a lot better than the one i was at last time! It was so ghetto. There was air con but it was incredibly noisy and also dripping. So i probably have legionnaires disease now XD
The one i was at at another hospital was better.

I have some aloe vera moisturising stuff which has helped cool everything down!
Luckily the location of my tattoo has mostly avoided the sunburn! But I'm still putting cocoa butter on twice a day so that should help.

Ugh! Med side effects are never fun!

long road 11-08-2023 06:36 PM

Same Day Emergency Care looked like it had been done up recently. Last time I went a couple of years back it was a slightly different section of AMU and not as presentable, well organised or well stocked. But then everything was a bit shuffled around in the pandemic so they could have Covid only sections. And the doctors room did have air con, Doc said she picked the room especially because it's one of the few that has it.

Lucky you had some aloe Vera stuff in. And glad to hear beautiful dragonfly is mostly unscathed.

Nope and Iam on the third new med in 2 weeks, first iron, then steroids and now antibiotics. My belly is not best pleased

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 06:42 PM

The one i went to before in S was a brand new building and quite fancy! But still no free tea and coffee, which is the most important thing!
Though in the A&E dept, they came round with a hot drinks trolley!

We should collaborate on an emergency care review book XD

Ugh i bet! My stomach hated iron and antibiotics

long road 11-08-2023 07:06 PM

Ooh la la. S is so fancy XD
But yes free hot drinks very important this is Britain!

Lol I have only really been to the one same day emergency care down here In southwest and then one up where I grew up in Bucks but that was over a decade ago. Been to a few more A&E's round the country though... I am accident prone, mental and asthmatic it's a fun combo honest! XD

Steroids aren't great for stomach either. And Ideally I need to take each of them 2 hours apart from each other. Steroids and antibiotics with food, iron with orange juice but no food it's a logistical nightmare!

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 07:58 PM

Its had/having a HUGE revamp. So new buildings, new departments etc.
It is! Everyone loves a cuppa in a crisis, just ask the crisis team :tongue2:

I've been to a fair few A&Es all round the country! And also Norway!

I was on steroids once, in general hosp while i was IP. But i can't for the life of me remember what for! I'm sure it's in my rv somewhere XD

Thar does sound like a nightmare!

long road 11-08-2023 08:10 PM

I agree with the cuppa in a crisis bit, very important, although I can come up with that one without ringing anyone! But not with the crisis teams advice to take baths. I like a bath but with non epileptic seizures it's not the vibe in a crisis. The shocked silence when I told the crisis team I didnt have a bath only shower back in the uni days was classic though XD

I have luckily avoided A&E abroad, although have had asthma attacks abroad resolved them with my meds and was surrounded by trained first aiders because they happened when I was in the scouts. Done A&E nearest to where I live too many times to count though :p

They use them for a lot of inflammation things.

I have dinner now and then I might roleplay.

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 08:19 PM

Yeah i always tell them that i can't take baths because of seizures!
I was feeling particularly petulant one evening and said 'DO YOU WANT ME TO DROWN?? DO YOU???'

My mum had her first anaphylaxic shock in spain last year. She told my step dad to drive her to a pharmacy.....while her throat was closing up...*facepalm*

Take it easy! And enioy if you do role-play!

long road 11-08-2023 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4360402)
I was feeling particularly petulant one evening and said 'DO YOU WANT ME TO DROWN?? DO YOU???'

Lololololol this quote is fire.

I mean at least she didn't drive herself?

I am roleplaying from bed. To stop me goin stir crazy but limit energy exertion.

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 08:35 PM

They didn't think so XD

She definitely would have done if they weren't already in the car with him driving!

Good idea!

long road 11-08-2023 09:20 PM

Well mental health professionals rarely have a sense of humour about such things....

Well at least it worked out as insane as her thinking was. Hopefully they weren't far from the pharmacy where I assume the pharmacist called a ambulance!

Roleplaying is so atmospheric and intense. We have a infinity machine that will allow us to be in right place right time to stop the fall of the universe to the ancient aliens but it needs a sacrifice to work and we think needs to be the right one of us players for the sacrifice.

Pi.R^2 11-08-2023 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4360397)
I was on steroids once, in general hosp while i was IP. But i can't for the life of me remember what for! I'm sure it's in my rv somewhere XD

You had a steroid cream for a rash in March 2016 but that's all I've found!

Also good evening all.

long road 11-08-2023 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 (Post 4360410)
You had a steroid cream for a rash in March 2016 but that's all I've found!

Also good evening all.

Lol stalking much. (You made me legitimately laugh out loud with your Beckie ryl stalking and then have a wheeze coughing fit I hope you are happy)

Also Good Evening to you!

Cacoethes 11-08-2023 09:37 PM

They really don't!

Nope, pharmacy was not nearby (their villa is very remote)
I'm not sure if she went to hospital. Knowing her, she'd just dose up on antihistamines until she could breathe just enough. Or idk if pharmacists can administer epi pens over there in an emergency.

Oooh that sounds interesting jen!

Thanks jenna! But it was definitely tablets and definitely this year!
I was super confused as to why I'd been prescribed them and when i got back to psych, they really did not care

long road 11-08-2023 09:57 PM

I despair at your mother Beckie. Is almost sounded like she survived anaphylaxis by shear stubbornness XD

It's the climax of over three years of in real life sessions (although we haven't met every week it must be over 120 sessions of 3 to 4 hours each. So pushing 450 hours of our lives!)

long road 11-08-2023 11:03 PM

We saved the fictional universe!

long road 12-08-2023 05:08 AM

Not slept yet been in A&E since 1:40am after having to call an ambulance at 12:50am. I am okish. But now feeling a little better again I am bored.

Cacoethes 12-08-2023 05:40 AM

Probably how I've survived so far. Pure stubbornness!

Well done for saving the universe!

Oh nooo.
I hope they can help quickly

long road 12-08-2023 05:56 AM

Yay someone is awake!

Thanks for the universe saving congrats. My character was the only player character to survive the final battle (well technically one of the others survived but went insane and became evil )

Although boo that probably means you got terrible sleep.

I get the impression it's going to be a long wait. Symptoms wise not too bad now were pretty bad earlier

Cacoethes 12-08-2023 06:06 AM

Extra well done then for not going insane and turning evil!

Yeah i did. But it is what it is!

Ugh that's grim. I guess Friday night/Saturday morning in an a&e is always going to be crap.

long road 12-08-2023 06:08 AM

*takes a bow*

I am looking forward to getting some sleep. I almost nodded off at one point but woke back up because hospitals are noisy.

Yep. Think it's a bit longer because junior doctors strike. I am doing my best just to chill though.

Cacoethes 12-08-2023 06:56 AM

They are very noisy!

Ah yeah. At least you'll see a consultant straight away though rather than having to see junior dr then possibly have to wait for the consultant anyway.
And i believe the new cohort of junior doctors started v recently. So they'll still be new and terrified. Bless them.