RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

The Worst Witch 27-04-2023 10:18 PM

My dads ex girlfriend bought me Carcassonne for Chriatmas one year but I’ve never played it. Ended up giving it away because my friends mini humans were more enthralled with it than I was. Is it good?

long road 27-04-2023 11:01 PM

It's not my favourite game ever but it is enjoyableq. Doesn't take super long to play either maybe 45 minutes to an hour max. Very spatial though so depends how you are with that kind of thing.

The Worst Witch 27-04-2023 11:45 PM

Yeah, my spatial awareness is crap. I’m forever falling over my own feet and walking into lamp posts.

long road 28-04-2023 12:20 AM

My personal spatial awerenss is terrible I am very clumsy but I can see patterns and work out possible combinations quite well.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 06:34 AM

Morning everyone
I was woken up for blood sugars and now here i am :plain:

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 10:04 AM

Morning :) I overslept by 10 minutes!!!!
How's your day ahead looking?

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 10:19 AM

Morning!
10 minutes is ok!

Same as usual probably.
Hoping to get a decision about whether i can have leave for a day. I'm not hopeful anymore but it's worth a go.

How about you?

The Worst Witch 28-04-2023 10:42 AM

Morning everyone

I hope the doctor does give you some leave Beckie. I also wanted to apologise to you for what I said in your thread, it was really harsh and I could’ve worded it better so I’m sorry for any offence/upset caused.

I’ve got an appointment with a supported employment agency today, I really cba but I’d better go because I’ve already cancelled twice. I hope you both have good days :)

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 10:44 AM

Yeah. It was harsh. I'm not sure how you could have worded it better because I assume you meant what you said.

The Worst Witch 28-04-2023 10:46 AM

I’ll pm you about it because a public thread might not be the best place to discuss problems. Is that ok?

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 10:50 AM

I'm ok. Another quiet day but sadly no doctors on the telly because it's Friday. I hope you can get leave safely.

The Worst Witch 28-04-2023 11:07 AM

Do they not have Doctors on a Friday tamo? I ised to watch it ages ago, but I’m afraid that if I started watching it again I wouldn’t know what was going on.

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 11:09 AM

Nope, no Fridays, no weekends, no holidays. If you started watching it you'd probably get involved quickly!

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 11:14 AM

Yes that's fine

I've watched doctors a few times

The Worst Witch 28-04-2023 11:22 AM

Cool, will pm you when I get back from my appointment, Beckie.

I might start watching it again! I did used to enjoy it :)

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 11:52 AM

Hey everyone?

Why do they not have Doctors on TV on those days? Sounds weird apart from not having it on the weekends.

I hope everyones day goes well, I have read but can't comment on everything.

I'm having to go to a thing because my support worker wouldn't let me off. I don't know if it's a walk or just a walk to a cafe. I'm struggling just now so hope it goes ok.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 11:55 AM

I have leave for tomorrow!!! :-D
Just waiting for it to be written up!
Honestly extremely surprised and can't quite believe it, still worried it might be some sort of miscommunication

I hope it goes ok lindsay
It's ok to say no to things sometimes though

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 12:08 PM

That's brilliant Beckie! I'm so pleased for you. I hope it does happen and you enjoy it and all goes well. Now you just have to be patient and get through today. I hate when something good is happening the next day and you have to wait for it, I have no patience!

My support worker only lets me off things if I'm really physically unwell.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 12:11 PM

Thank you!
I have no patience either
Today is going to drag and I won't be able to sleep tonight!
I need to check how long though because it takes 2 hours to get home!

What will she do if you just said no?

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 12:28 PM

Pleased for you Cacoethes :)

I hope the walk/cafe-ing is better than expected osc. Just think, in a few hours it will all be over!

not_so_insig 28-04-2023 12:30 PM

Lindsay they stopped showing Doctors on a Friday several years ago because of the covid rules at the time meant it took longer to film. So they had to cut an episode a week. Doctors has always took a break several times a year since it first aired. I am not sure now why they are not showing it on a Friday since covid is less of a threat now.

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 12:31 PM

I should set up a campaign to bring back Friday doctors.

not_so_insig 28-04-2023 12:31 PM

Ninja Beckie! That is brilliant news.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 12:34 PM

Thanks tamo and dawn!

That's odd that it's not back on fridays since covid has calmed down. Definitely start a petition!

The Worst Witch 28-04-2023 02:31 PM

I’d sign your petition Tamo!

I’m so pleased you managed to get leave, that must mean they’re really proud of you. Well done!

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 02:41 PM

Thank you :)
I am doing much better now

The Worst Witch 28-04-2023 04:17 PM

Good :)

My appointment was really good, I’m glad I went. Got another appointment on the 4th and they’re going to help me for two years which I was surprised at but pleased!

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 04:22 PM

That sounds really positive!

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 04:28 PM

I'm glad your appointment was productive WW :)

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 04:30 PM

What are you up to tamo?

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 04:34 PM

I'm glad your appointment went well, Alison and that there was a good outcome too.

Anyone been doing anything exciting?

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 04:37 PM

I went to the costa machine in the maternity building and got a hazelnut latte!

How about you?

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 04:42 PM

Just normal things. I tried to read but couldn't focus so TV. And i made myself a hot chocolate in my Velvetiser.

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 04:50 PM

Those drinks sound yum. What's a velvetiser?

Did you come back from the maternity building with a baby, Beckie?!

I went to the walk to a cafe thing.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 04:57 PM

Yummy!

Haha! No baby. I'm not particularly fond of them :p

How did it go?

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 05:02 PM

In the polite way you said it I am also not particularly fond of babies either. Except animal babies. Are your fluffies at home where you can see them tomorrow?

It was a very short walk to a cafe doing the 5,4,3,2,1 mindfulness thing and then some people had a drink and I left early.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 05:06 PM

I'm not fond of children in general tbh, apart from my own child. Lol. Would be a bit awkward otherwise!
Yes the boys will be there!
I have so much i want to do!

That sounds quite boring tbh

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 05:11 PM

I don't like children either but I will make exceptions for Jasmine because I like you.

Tell me ALL the things you want to do! You might need to put them in order of want in case you can't get them all done.

It would have been boring if I wasn't so low and/or anxious.

Ahimsa 28-04-2023 05:13 PM

Congrats on leave Beckie!!

I also had an appointment today on my lunch break, and one of the cats has a vaccination appointment this evening.

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 05:17 PM

Busy as usual! I hope your appointment went well and you had some time to eat. Is it just a booster injection? I hope kitty is ok.

Ahimsa 28-04-2023 05:19 PM

Appointment did not go well, but thats my standard now.

Yah cat is fine, I just didnt want to take her with me to work because she'd have to hang around in a kennel all day from 7am-5pm which isn't fair on her, when we only live a 10 minute drive away and I can take her tonight.

tamobhuuta 28-04-2023 05:20 PM

A Velvetiser is a posh hot chocolate maker, made by hotel chocolat. You get milk and a sachet of basically chocolate flakes and it mixes it together all hot and frothy. It's good when I want to feel cared for :)

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 05:21 PM

Awww <3

New septum jewellery
Asda
Get provisional licence form from post office
See and cuddle boys and give them their birthday cake
Hopefully dye hair if the dye has arrived
See work people

That's in order of when I'll do them. The first 3 are in town which is where the bus pulls in so won't take much time at all. Max 30 mins.
I'll then do the home stuff and see how much time i have left.

Thank you!

Hope your appointment went well and that your cats appointment goes well!

not_so_insig 28-04-2023 06:10 PM

You can apply for a provisional licence online. I did mine online when I was cleared to drive.

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 06:17 PM

It won't let me. I've already tried several times
Obviously would be so much easier that way!

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 06:48 PM

Sorry your appointment didn't go well, Ahimsa :( I hope you can do something nice for yourself when you're back home after the vet.

That sounds really nice, Tamo. It's good that it makes you feel cared for.

I hope you can get everything done, Beckie. I hope you can have a good sleep tonight and not have to wait around for ages before you can leave tomorrow.

How are you, Dawn?

Cacoethes 28-04-2023 06:52 PM

Thanks lindsay.
I haven't been sleeping well anyway tbh.
You'd better believe I will be pestering them so much they'll probably end up shoving me out the door asap XD

Someone has stolen one of my t shirts :plain:

Sorry ahmisa, totally missed that your appointment didn't go well. I hope you can do something nice this evening.

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 06:52 PM

I bought a fidget cube direct from Antsy Labs because they said it was new. I was expecting sparkly pink but it's just vivd pink exactly the same as one I already have so it obviously wasn't new. Annoyed.

one_step_closer 28-04-2023 06:54 PM

Oh no, I hope you get your t-shirt back Beckie. I had quite a few things stolen once by someone who the staff knew was a thief so they just did nothing about it.

Yes, do lots of pestering!

long road 28-04-2023 07:07 PM

Hey guys!

Had a very slow day today spent most of the afternoon asleep after getting ridiculously tired from spending half an hour in the garden. Most exciting thing about today is I put frozen blueberries in my porridge while it was cooking and it made th porridge purple!

*Shakes fist at antsy lab for misleading advertising*

Hope leave goes well tomorrow Beckie! Enjoy time with your guinea pigs!

Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go well Beth. If there's any fall out from appointment we can help with feel free to post in serious space to chat thread or your thread.