RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Fire Fly 06-05-2012 10:47 PM

I couldn't get the bus. I was travelling from London to Milton Keynes. So I had to take two tubes and 1 train. It was bad. Well I stopped all Medication in november without even asking my pdoc and I do that regularly. So I think he's trying to punish me as he's put me on Venlafaxine XL which if u even miss one dose you get really bad withdrawal symptoms. He hasn't decided about any other pills yet. He wanted to see how I operated without medication. Which was not good.

How about you?

nomophobia 06-05-2012 11:43 PM

*hugs to everyone*

Hope you are feeling a bit better now Laura x

happiness...its all a lie 07-05-2012 09:18 AM

Oh right, i was on venlafaxine but only for a week i found it horrendous. Is it getting any better? could you ask for something different? What makes you stop the medication? I know it was a bad experience but well done for getting where you wanted on the train *hugs*

Im ok, i actually slept well last night. I still dont have any strong urges. I feel quite calm at the moment.

Doikers 07-05-2012 12:27 PM

*Glomps My Wardies*

happiness...its all a lie 07-05-2012 12:59 PM

hey hows u?

Fire Fly 07-05-2012 05:13 PM

*hug Georgia*
*hug happiness*

Happiness- i dont know, when i feel well enough i just stop or if i think its not working i jsut stop. Im not very good also at remembering to take it.

So happy your feeling alot better now :) and that the urges arnt as strong. Are you still feeling calm?

I have a question, if i go voluntarily to hospital as they said that if i dont they will section me as 'im a danger to myself' do they have to tell my dad? Im 19 so technically an adult.

Im just scared I dont want him to know the reason why im in hospital just want him to knwo its because of my illness? Thanks.

How is everyone?

Laura2.0 07-05-2012 06:07 PM

*hugs all*

happiness...its all a lie 07-05-2012 08:39 PM

Hey

Im not sure about the hospital thing tbh so i cant answer im afraid. I know the feeling of forgetting to take tablets but i now check to see how manys left and ill know if ive taken it or not.

*hugs*

Im still calm but having some bad urges tonight-dont know why think im being a bit paranoid. My bf went to his friends and now i think he doesnt want to talk to me and im scared he wont see me tomorrow. Its silly and irrational i know but its really set me off and my mum made a comment so grr to all of this.

nomophobia 07-05-2012 09:04 PM

I wasn't sure how I was feeling earlier..but now I know I'm deff low >.<

happiness...its all a lie 07-05-2012 09:10 PM

oh no whats up? im here if u want to chat x

nomophobia 07-05-2012 09:12 PM

Thanks, just feeling low and thinking too much :(

happiness...its all a lie 07-05-2012 09:13 PM

*hugs* anything in particular or just one of those days? could u do something to keep your mind busy?

nomophobia 07-05-2012 09:23 PM

yeah, thinking about the past. Well I'm writing a blog and then planning on playing on the ps3 to distract myself..I just hope it works

happiness...its all a lie 07-05-2012 09:29 PM

good luck hope it works if not try something else maybe put a funny film on or phone someone etc xx

Laura2.0 07-05-2012 09:58 PM

*hugs happiness* (sorry... don't know your name) I used to have the same problem. Now I put the tablets in little cups (I got them from hospital) for one week. Plus I have written the days with marker on the little cups, so now I know if I took them or if I forgot to take them. Plus it makes it a lot easier to do it like that when you have to take more than one kind of medication.

*hugs Georgia*

*glomps Mark* what is a glomp??

I decided to go to a hospital today. Now I just have to get my psych doc to get all the forms and stuff done.

Fire Fly 07-05-2012 10:08 PM

Georgia - im sorry your feeling low :( . Thinking about the past is hard but its about the future now and living in the present i guess. If you want to talk Im here.

Happiness - Im sure by your bf goign out with his mates wont affect him seeing you tomorrow unless hes hungover, even then he might come later on in the day. WHat did your mum make a comment about? x

Laura- are you okay? what forms does your pdoc have to do? Little bit worried now if your okay... x

Laura2.0 07-05-2012 10:13 PM

*hugs tinkles* I dunno about the forms. Just the regular stuff that he'll have to do for the hospital. I'm actually feeling good today. I had a really bad day on Saturday. Anyway... I wanna go IP, because I want to be more stable before I start my job training/ college/ university (dunno the english equal). I'll probably have to wait 6 to 10 weeks until I can go ip anyway. The hospital where I want to go is for people who are stable and who want to work on their past etc. They probably want to do some trauma stuff with me... I dunno yet.

YodaBearInterrupted 07-05-2012 10:36 PM

*hugs all in here*

I am starting to feel a lil bit unsafe... sigh. I don't want to have to go back to the psych again, he"ll just yell at me (not really, just feels that way) about how I should go back on AP meds. I told him I was losing control and couldn't fight the voices as much cause somtimes they are right and I have more mood swings where I can be happy and skipping down the hallway to just wanting to curl up in a ball and just rock back and forth. He was all like, the more the reason you should b back on medication Matt. When I told him no, he told me that eventually I would have to make a choice and it wouldn't be good for me - either meds or I would end up hospitalized. Oh well. I am tired after this...

Fire Fly 07-05-2012 10:43 PM

Laura - If your stable and okay; how comes you want to go as ip? << Just re-read what you had written. Oh that makes sense! that should help you move forward right? Goodluck.

Matt - do you want to talk about why you doont want to go on AP? If he thinks they will help and keep you stable - wouldnt you want to try them? If theres a chance to keep you out of the hospital wouldnt that be better? because if you get hospitalized then you will lose your rights if its involuntary and they they can make you take them any way... x

nomophobia 07-05-2012 11:54 PM

Good luck with IP Laura, I will miss you when you go though!