RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Sketchy 16-01-2017 04:34 PM

I hope so too. I'd like a new skirt and dress.

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 04:35 PM

Thanks Lorraine :)

I love the George clothes. There's some really good stuff in there!

Sketchy 16-01-2017 04:36 PM

Right, I'm going to log off now and go to Asda. This coffee shop keeps playing the same rubbish music. Can't listen to it anymore. Catch you all later. X

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 04:44 PM

See you later! :)

not_so_insig 16-01-2017 05:34 PM

My parcel has arrived. Actually it arrived an hour ago but I had to install it. Actually installing the thing only took 5 mins but I had to move the dvd player and freesat box in order to get to the back of it. Fixing the cables took twenty mins because if one cable was in the other fell out. Very annoying. It's not quite in the middle of the gap below the telly but I darent move it.

Sketchy 16-01-2017 06:48 PM

I'm glad you got your parcel. I hope you can relax now.

I walked to Asda and back rather than get a bus. I went the route that goes over a big hill, so I'm feeling very pleased with myself. I bought a nice black dress, black top and black skirt. Guess what colour I like to wear? I also bought boring groceries I needed.

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 06:54 PM

Glad you got your parcel dawn!

Sounds like a successful trip Lorraine! And well done for walking!

I've just cooked a sausage casserole. Quite looking forward to it!

Sketchy 16-01-2017 06:57 PM

I love making sausage casserole with cauldron vegetarian sausages. A sausage casserole is ideal for this type of weather. I hope you enjoy it.

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 07:13 PM

Cauldron sausages are sooo nice!
I used the slimming world sausages because they are syn free. They were nice but not as good as cauldron!
I did enjoy it thanks! A good comfort food and pretty easy to make and full of veg as well!

Sketchy 16-01-2017 07:15 PM

Glad you enjoyed it. I love a casserole.

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 07:36 PM

What are you up to tonight?

Sketchy 16-01-2017 07:39 PM

I'm going to have a lazy evening. I'll probably watch some tv. I should do housework, but I really can't be bothered.
What are you up to?

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 07:46 PM

Sounds good.
I know what you mean about the housework. I can never be bothered either!

I'm just watching greys anatomy and I really need to make a start on my English stuff!!

Sketchy 16-01-2017 07:48 PM

You could always do some of your English stuff then watch greys anatomy as a reward. It can be so hard to feel motivated. You are doing really well though. It's inspiring.

Buttons. 16-01-2017 09:50 PM

Hats off with the walking Lorraine, well done :)

Beckie you are doing so incredibly well with college etc. I would be of absolutely NO help when comes to maths but if you want anything English-wise (sounds like you have it sorted already though!!) just PM.

What are you all doing to me food wise :P -now craving a sausage casserole. My dad is helping me buy a microwave-cooker soon while I'm waiting until in better financial situation so can afford a new (well second hand but you get the point :P) cooker eventually so have made a resolution to learn to cook more things! Especially as have the good fortune of one of the support workers is v experienced cooking wise and said she'd teach me some v easy and healthy recipes (she managed to trick me into enjoying spinach so I have confidence!!!)

Sketchy 16-01-2017 09:55 PM

Thanks Katy.

That's kind of your dad. I hope you get to make all sorts of yummy things. It will be nice to experiment and it's always good to get yummy food.

not_so_insig 16-01-2017 10:15 PM

I had potato cakes, beans and bacon for tea. I made the potato cakes myself. Only used half so I have some for Wednesday. Having burger and chips tomorrow.

Sketchy 16-01-2017 10:18 PM

Potato cakes sounds good. I love potatoes.

Buttons. 16-01-2017 10:36 PM

Oh definitely v grateful to my dad :)

Potato cakes sound nommie :)

I'm making a list of stuff to aim for and one of those things is to get a soup maker as can try and bulk up my soup with healthy stuff without trying to battle a weirdly messed up cooker :P Got some shop bought but loosk nommy leek and potato soup (my fave) though so looking forward to putting that on.

Sketchy 16-01-2017 10:43 PM

Soup is always good to make. Potato and leak is yummy.

Cacoethes 16-01-2017 11:10 PM

ThanK you for the encouragement guys :)
I've completed 3 test papers. There's one more but I'm too tired for it now! And he said we didn't have to do them all.

I agree about the soup!!

Sketchy 16-01-2017 11:47 PM

Well done Beckie. You deserve to do really well.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 11:06 AM

Thank you Lorraine. That means a lot :)

Off to college now. Not that cold today luckily!

What are everyone's plans for the day?

Buttons. 17-01-2017 11:20 AM

Hope college goes well, glad not too chilly where you are!

I'm geeking out on X-men as per :P planning to go out to town soon if can manage x

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 12:28 PM

Thanks!

X men is awesome!
Hope you manage to get in to town :)

Sketchy 17-01-2017 06:22 PM

Hi everyone. How are we all?

Did you get into town Katy?

How did college go Beckie?

I feel guilty. I've stayed in all day and haven't done one of my walks. I'm so drained and couldn't face leaving the flat. I'll go for a walk tomorrow.

not_so_insig 17-01-2017 06:47 PM

I have been asleep. I woke up with the kind of headache that you get if you are sleep deprived (despite sleeping for 7 hours). I went to bed for a rest at about 10 past 1 next thing I know that it's 5 pm. On the plus side my headache has nearly gone but I feel tired.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 07:14 PM

College was ok thanks Lorraine.
And you shouldn't feel guilty, you've been going on lots of walks and it's ok to have an off day.

You obviously needed the sleep Dawn! Glad your headache is mostly gone.

not_so_insig 17-01-2017 07:19 PM

Thanks Beckie. I think that I will go to bed early tonight. I don't have to get up early tomorrow (had to set my alarum clock this morning because I had the tesco shopping coming) because I can't go swimming due to the fact that it's that time of the month. So if I wake up late then it doesn't matter.

Sketchy 17-01-2017 07:24 PM

Hope your headache goes away soon Dawn. Glad it's getting better.

Thanks Beckie. I'm planning a walk for tomorrow anyway and deciding on a different route to keep it interesting and so I can take photos and get inspired to draw.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 07:47 PM

Early night sounds like a good plan Dawn.

That sounds nice Lorraine :)

I went past the river and field with cows on the bus today. I saw a guy in the middle of the river! Just wading through it! He must have been freezing!

Sketchy 17-01-2017 07:52 PM

Wow that would be freezing. I like cows though.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 07:57 PM

I also like cows. They are very cute!

I don't know what he was doing in the river. I don't think it was a fishing type river and he didn't look like he was fishing. Very odd!!

Sketchy 17-01-2017 09:03 PM

That is very odd.

Anyone doing anything exciting? I'm just going to watch some iplayer in bed. I've decided tomorrow is a new day and I will do some housework and go for a walk then.

Wonderland. 17-01-2017 10:10 PM

It's okay to have a day off taking a walk Lorraine, try not to beat yourself up about it. Like you say tomorrow is a new day! Sometimes it can be hard to stay inspired creatively, I was looking at pinterest the other day and one of the photo challenges where you take a different themed photo a day came up and it made me think of you. Maybe you can look at doing something like that when the weather gets a little better. Pinterest is great for inspiration whatever hobby so you may find it good for your drawing too.

Haha what an odd sight to see Beckie!

I'm not up to much, only got up a few hours back after not sleeping for a few nights. I really need to tidy my flat and have a shower.

Sketchy 17-01-2017 10:13 PM

Thanks Amy. That's a good idea. I'm definitely taking a walk to the botanic gardens tomorrow and my dad is coming with me. He loves to take photos too.

I hope you get a better sleep tonight.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 10:16 PM

I've just been to slimming world. Didn't go too well but the group were very encouraging.

The photos thing sounds like a good idea for you Lorraine!

Hope you get some stuff done amy, and also hope you get a good night's sleep!!

Sketchy 17-01-2017 10:19 PM

I'm glad the groups were encouraging. It's good to have some support. I hope you are doing something relaxing after that.

Sketchy 17-01-2017 10:21 PM

Also, Beckie, sometimes I keep staring at your signature clip and feel like I'm being hypnotised by Ross. I can't stop looking.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 10:32 PM

Yes I've just had a nice dinner and curled up watching greys anatomy as holby isn't on tonight.
Haha! I do the same sometimes tbh!

Sketchy 17-01-2017 11:01 PM

Sounds like a nice relaxing evening.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 11:18 PM

Yes, it has been nice :)
I should really be revising but I'm just so tired today!
I'll get on it tomorrow

Sketchy 17-01-2017 11:20 PM

It's too late now. Have a break and start afresh tomorrow.

Cacoethes 17-01-2017 11:44 PM

Good idea :)

I'm off to bed now. Very sleepy! Night night and sleep well!

Buttons. 18-01-2017 04:15 AM

Town fell through as support worker unwell but I did go to a nearby garden centre for lunch and a potter with my parents which went very well except I forgot the seeds I pretty much went along for :P had a nice bit of lasagne though :P

Hope everyone has slept/is sleeping well :)

Cacoethes 18-01-2017 12:46 PM

Hi Katy!
Glad you managed to get out. Garden centres can be fun!
And lasagne sounds great! I love lasagne.

I need to go to asda as per usual then meeting up with a friend at 5 for a meal which should be good. Tbh I'd rather stay at home but I know I'll enjoy it once I get there!

not_so_insig 18-01-2017 12:47 PM

I didn't sleep as much as I liked. I was woken up by the postman because my parcel wouldn't fit through the letter box. Naughty ebay seller lied because they said they posted it on the 7th and the label said the 14th. But I am glad to get the items. Unfortunately my head hurts like I haven't had enough sleep but not as bad as yesterday. This is despite going to bed an hour early.

Cacoethes 18-01-2017 01:41 PM

Glad you got your parcel Dawn.
Sorry to hear about your headache. Headaches are awful! Hope it gets better soon!

Buttons. 18-01-2017 01:44 PM

Hope headache improves Dawn.

Had nice package of a dress (ordered Christmas time) myself today so didn't mind getting up, is really nice :)

How are you Beckie?

Cacoethes 18-01-2017 01:54 PM

New clothes are always good! :)

I'm ok thanks! Will be going off to asda when The Bill finishes! And then need to do some revision. Booooo!!