RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Aubergine 06-01-2018 10:55 PM

I have no idea! We counted them as soon as we took the seal off of the bottle (we do it every time) and there was 29 instead of 28! We had to report it to the superintendents department, the manufacturer and the person in charge of controlled drugs within the hospital. Bit of a big boo boo, really!

My dinner was delicious. Bit late to eat, but never mind. I will be getting that chili thing from Lidl again!

How's your evening?

Cacoethes 06-01-2018 10:59 PM

What a palaver!!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner

I've watched casulaty now and am back on black mirror!
Will go to bed after this probably
How about you?

Aubergine 06-01-2018 11:07 PM

Sounds good! I watched the very first series of Black Mirror. I thought it was... Interesting! Even more so when that story about David Cameron came out. :O

I'm just listening to some music on Spotify. I think I would forgo a lot of things to keep Spotify Premium, as silly as that may sound. I listen to it a LOT!

Bed soonish sounds good. I think I will do the same. Children's church tomorrow. I help out with the children who are aged between two and four years old. They are sweet, but we usually have about six and it can be rather a handful even with two of us on team!

Do you have plans for tomorrow? When are you back to college?

not_so_insig 06-01-2018 11:11 PM

I have been watching casualty. Very good episode though I couldn't watch the surgery bit. That's why I wanna be a cpn not a general nurse.

Aubergine 06-01-2018 11:14 PM

Hey Dawn! I'm glad Casualty was good! What are you up to now?

not_so_insig 06-01-2018 11:16 PM

Nothing much just watching a few things that I recorded.

Cacoethes 06-01-2018 11:16 PM

I forgot about the David Cameron thing!!
That episode is definitely the most shocking!

Children's church sounds cool aubergine.
That's a tricky age though, always so energetic!

Im going to try amd actually get some work done!
Or clean the house.
One of those things hopefully!

Aubergine 06-01-2018 11:24 PM

I was shocked by it!

The little ones are definitely full of beans. Thankfully it's only about 90 minutes that we have them for! Any more and I think I would sleep for a week afterwards!

I hope you manage to get one of those things done! Even just a little bit of one would be good. Making a start can feel really nice. Don't beat yourself up if you can't though. It's OK and you will get it done at some point. :)

My sparkling water tastes like deodorant.

Cacoethes 06-01-2018 11:30 PM

I used to go to a church sunday school type thing. Age range from about 4 to us older ones (11 or 12)
It was fun!

Im sure I'll feel better once i get something done

Oh thats not good!

Aubergine 06-01-2018 11:35 PM

That sounds fun! At 11 years old, people are chucked into youth church and get made to do bible study on a double decker bus in the church car park. I kind of wish I was a youth, just so I could play on the bus!

No, it's not ideal. I put some orange squash in it and it's better!

Cacoethes 06-01-2018 11:39 PM

We used to do some really random stuff.
Once after church and all the adults were talking, we were playing with some marrows that had been brought in to share around and we were using the pews as a court room and put the marrows on trial.
We were strange children :p

Good! I have coke zero

Aubergine 06-01-2018 11:47 PM

Hehe! That sounds really funny! Youths are strange. :P I am much more in my comfort zone with the little ones. Youth work is definitely not for me!

Love Coke Zero. Used to drink a LOT of Pepsi Max, but haven't had any caffeinated drinks for a few months, as I found they were making me more anxious and I have enough problems with anxiety as it is! It is really yummy though, and I do miss it a bit! Fizzy water is an OK substitute though (but not if it tastes like deodorant - yuck!)

not_so_insig 06-01-2018 11:52 PM

I don't like coke zero. Prefer diet coke or the full fat one. It tastes vile to me.

Cacoethes 06-01-2018 11:57 PM

I'm really terrible with children!!
Apart from with Jasmine of course!

I don't like pepsi at all.
It never occurred to me that caffeine could be linked to anxiety but it makes a lot of sense!

Aubergine 06-01-2018 11:58 PM

Fizzy drinks with sugar in make my teeth feel funny. I have such a sweet tooth though, and don't find diet Coke sweet enough. Maybe I'll treat myself to a small bottle of Pepsi Max when this whole medication switching thing is over. :)

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 12:01 AM

I know what you mean.
Pepsi max just tastes like cheap cola to me!
Although i will drink it if there is no other option
I prefer coke zero to diet coke

That sounds like a good treat!

not_so_insig 07-01-2018 12:06 AM

I can't stand cheap coke including supermarket own brands. I can drink cheap lemonade though.

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 12:07 AM

Me too
39p diet lemonade is my go to when i cant afford coke

Aubergine 07-01-2018 12:09 AM

I don't mind supermarket own brand stuff. The caffeine free Pepsi isn't too bad, but I'm not a massive fan. Would rather the stuff with a kick!

Cloudy lemonade is my favourite. :)

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 12:18 AM

Cloudy lemonade is lovely!
Haven't had it in ages

Aubergine 07-01-2018 12:19 AM

Me neither. May see if the small Tesco has any tomorrow.

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 12:25 AM

Good plan!

I want to go to bed.
I am tired but I'm also not

Aubergine 07-01-2018 12:35 AM

I'm sat on my bed. Considering getting in it, but the sooner I get up, the sooner I have to take that blasted medication and I'd just rather stay awake. :P I am a nightmare! I should really sleep though because I have to be at church for 10am. That is far too early for a Sunday, so I may go on strike! Can you go on strike from church?! I'm not sure you can!

What's stopping you going to bed? Could you go to bed for half an hour and then if you're not asleep, come back downstairs and make a drink or something, and then try again in a bit?

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 12:38 AM

That must be difficult.
Probably best to just get it over and done with.
10am is very early for a Sunday!
I don't think church strikes are a thing though :p

I think im going to go up and try to sleep.
Maybe once I'm in bed, my brain will catch on to the idea that it is sleep time!

Aubergine 07-01-2018 12:41 AM

You're right, I think. Bottoms up, down it goes, then I can go get jumped on by toddlers! No such thing as a church strike? Doom. I blame Thatcher for dismantling the unions!

Bed sounds like a good plan. I hope your brain does catch up and that you sleep soundly.

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 12:46 AM

Sounds like fun! :p
When in doubt, always blame Thatcher!

Thanks!
Good night and hope you manage to get some sleep too

one_step_closer 07-01-2018 12:59 PM

Morning/afternoon. Don't know what time it will be when this post is submitted!

Sketchy 07-01-2018 01:20 PM

Afternoon all.

How are we all?

one_step_closer 07-01-2018 01:20 PM

Afternoon Lorraine. I'm feeling a bit tired. How are you?

Sketchy 07-01-2018 01:23 PM

I’m ok. Feeling cold. I have a thick onesie on and have put the fire on, so I should hopefully heat up soon.

Any plans for today?

I’m going to have a lazy day. Might go out to the local shop though.

one_step_closer 07-01-2018 01:25 PM

It's very cold outside so if you go out make sure you wrap up. Hope you have a good day.

I'm just going to have some lunch, don't know what I have in the house. Will be staying in until the evening when I have to go and see my friend's cat.

Sketchy 07-01-2018 01:27 PM

I will wrap up. Got a lovely hat and scarf set my dad gave me for my birthday that I’ll wear.

I hope you have a nice lunch. I have a quorn lasagna ready meal in the oven for lunch.

Sketchy 07-01-2018 02:05 PM

My lunch was yummy.

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 02:21 PM

Hey guys

Aubergine 07-01-2018 02:27 PM

Hey. :)

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 02:42 PM

Hi Aubergine!
How are you?

I'm about to go to asda.
Wish i didnt have to because its cold and i am tired!
Got to bw done though

not_so_insig 07-01-2018 02:45 PM

Afternoon all. I have not very long woken up. I reckon I slept for about 10 hours.

Aubergine 07-01-2018 02:54 PM

Hey Beckie! Going out is a pain when you're cold and tired! I hope your trip to Asda is OK. Will you get anything nice?

Hey Dawn! That is a lot of sleep!

I am OK. Tired. I got some carrot and coriander soup from the little co-op on my way home from church - it was on offer! Looking forward to having it for my lunch.

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 03:40 PM

I've just got back.
I bought a chocolate orange.
Im addicted to them!

How was entertaining the kids?
Carrot and coriander soup sounds lovely

not_so_insig 07-01-2018 04:26 PM

I haven't had any lunch as I woke up late. My mum is cooking a Sunday dinner as my dad is unwell and we aren't going out.

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 04:45 PM

Im watchng black mirror

Still not done anything productive

Aubergine 07-01-2018 06:18 PM

Chocolate oranges are lovely! How's Clack Mirror?

Entertaining the kids was good. We had 8 children under four! They were all well behaved though and I got lots of cuddles. :)

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 06:25 PM

Ive finished the series now.
It was good!

Wow sounds like a hand full!
Glad they behaved themselves though
And cuddles are nice!

Aubergine 07-01-2018 06:45 PM

I'm glad it was good! What's next to watch?

Yes, it was a handful. Thankfully I'm just a helper and not a leader, so I don't have to do all of the hard stuff like try and teach them things. :P I get to play Lego and Buckaroo and air hockey (though it terrifies me that they're going to hurt their fingers or fall of the chairs!). When there's a story going on, I have to try and get them to sit nicely, but the promise of a drink and a biscuit afterwards really helps!

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 07:06 PM

Lord of the rings is on tv so im watching that

Sounds like good fun!
Buckaroo gives me so much anxiety though XD

nonperson 07-01-2018 07:08 PM

Hello all.

one_step_closer 07-01-2018 07:08 PM

If I sit nicely can I please have a drink and a biscuit too?!

I've never seen LOTR, is that an appalling crime to admit to?

one_step_closer 07-01-2018 07:09 PM

Hi nonperson, how is your day going so far?

Cacoethes 07-01-2018 07:10 PM

Hi nonperson

LOTR is brilliant!
I am rather shocked that you haven't watched it!

one_step_closer 07-01-2018 07:12 PM

I haven't watched quite a lot of films that people are 'supposed' to watch. Like Dirty Dancing for example.

Isn't LOTR reeeeaallly long though?