RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

[Fog] 28-06-2009 05:31 PM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't got time to do individual replies but I'm thinking of you all. I hope you all have good days today. Sorry to hear about those of you who cut, please look after the wounds but try not to get down on yourself for doing it. It happens.

I'm doing ok at the moment. Met up with a friend on Friday and saw my boyfriend yesterday. Plucked up the courage to go to church this morning which was good and spent most of the rest of the day in my room not doing much.

Sending loves and hugs to all xxx

zowie 28-06-2009 05:53 PM

Lunch was nice. It was five hours ago and I still feel full! So feeling a little bit guilty about eating so much, but I'm feeling happy because I got to see my baby cousins. xx

Strawberry.Bananas 28-06-2009 06:36 PM

I'm going to my doctor tomorrow. I'm going to try to tell him that I'm not coping. I'm going to try to ask his help. I'm so, so scared.

[Fog] 28-06-2009 09:47 PM

zowie sounds really nice, well done for eating and (hypocrite alert) don't feel guilty about it, just remember the nice time you had there.

Vicki good luck with your doctor tomorrow, you're doing the right thing. *Big hugs*

I'm in one of those moods where you don't know what mood you're in. Kind of anxious, kind of triggered, kind of not triggered, kind of fat, kind of ok to eat... I dunno. Anyway hope everyone gets through the night ok xxx

Strawberry.Bananas 28-06-2009 10:03 PM

Thanks hon. I'm expecting it to go awfully but I hope it wont...

I know that kind of mood *hugs* so long as you keep yourself safe that's the most important thing xxx

wildly insane 28-06-2009 10:59 PM

*hugs Vicki* good luck, have you thought about writing down what you want to say so it gives you a bit of support when your there?

*hugs Hannahbanana* I so know that feeling, hope it sorts itself out, glad your weekend went okay

*hugs Arwen* try not to feel too guilty and concentrate on the fact you had a good time.

*hugs Kat* sounds ****, hope your mum is sensible

*hugs ShadowedSeraph* yay for controlling the panic attack and going to bingo

*hugs Katie* hope you are okay

*hugs Rusynchick* that does sound stressful but good for you for helping and I hope it goes better than you think, sometimes you just worry about something and it ends up not being that bad

*hugs Helen* hope the finger doesn't hurt so much, take care of yourself, okay!

*hugs Secrets* hope you had a good weekend, how are you?

*hugs Kahlia* hope the arm is less painful

I had a lovely weekend, we went kyaking and OMG ate so much, that wasn't so good but hey ho. In a bit of trepidation about next week, it's no different to last week, but last week was horrible so just hoping it wont be that bad.

*leaves hugs for anybody wanting them*

MammaMia 28-06-2009 11:50 PM

:'( **** everythign up. ARGH. Oh and triggered my own best into flashbacks etc, **** **** **** ****

Kahlia1981 29-06-2009 04:42 AM

*hugs all *

Strawberry.Bananas 29-06-2009 08:02 AM

I've cancelled the appointment. I can't do it.

*hugs Helen and Eclectic*a*

Hope you're ok guys

youonlyliveonce 29-06-2009 08:07 AM

hugs strawberry. did they ask why. have u rearranged it. i know how u feel but u can.
hugs to everyone on the ward.

struggling but ill be ok allways am got my cpn today maybe ill look even better today

shadowedsoul 29-06-2009 01:29 PM

hmm i feel im not sure, it weird for some reason my scares feel and look worse today. its kind of upset me. they havnt bothered me before. they look horrible. like im ashamed of them, but its all my own making. so erm.it weird tho because i never felt this way before, hmm might just curl up into a ball and hide, sorry

zowie 29-06-2009 02:31 PM

Vicki - Maybe you could manage to go to the doctors some other time?

HannahBanana - Thanks. *hugs* try to focus on the positive feelings you're having rather than the negative ones.

Hannah - Glad you had a nice weekend :) Hope you're week goes okay.

*Hugs Kat* I hate it when I'm having a good day and the voices try to ruin it. Just try not to let them get to you.

*Hugs Helen* I hope you're not calling yourself a **** sweetie, because you certainly are not!

*Hugs Kahlia back* How are you?

Cheryl - Hope the appointment with your CPN goes okay. If you're having any negative feelings, share them with your CPN, maybe you can work through it together.

*Hugs Shadowed* Our reactions to our scars does change quite a lot, somedays you think they're beautiful, others you just hate yourself for making them. I know I feel mixed emotions towards my scars. At the moment I'm wearing sleeves because someone pointed them out and it made me feel ashamed. Try not to dwell on it. Do something nice for yourself today.

--------

I'm way too hot, and I have to go to the Jobcentre in about twenty minutes. I don't want to go outside. I'm wearing sleeves to cover my scars and I really just want to take them off. But I have four (very shallow, barely worth registering) new cuts, and I don't want my dad to see them. So I guess I'll be wearing sleeves for the next week, even though there's going to be a heatwave.
I'm a ****ing idiot.

CrazyHayley 29-06-2009 04:14 PM

*hugs everyone in lovely jubbly group huggle*

Hey guys, I've been really poorly with my M.E and not been well enough to communicate on here, but I'm still very much an inpatient, wishing this was the real world, and thinking of you all lots and wishing I could take all our pain away.

I'm getting scared, I've had half of my NHS therapy sessions and other than being diagnoised with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder I really don't see how I've made any progress, not that I'm too sure what I was hoping for.... to erase the rape from my mind? To switch on a button so that I like myself and feel like I have a purpose in life?!

*goes back by pot plant to give it some tlc and then have another nap*

shadowedsoul 29-06-2009 04:32 PM

thank you for the hug, zowie. hugs you back. your not a idiot, we all have slip ups. dont beat yourself up about it. hugs again.

CrazyHayley 29-06-2009 04:43 PM

can't nap, too hot and I have a headache from holding back the tears, I haven't let them flow as I don't feel that I've a good enough reason to warrent the tears, but for some reason I just feel like crying today

realflifefaerie 29-06-2009 05:21 PM

Secrets is back, don't have time or energy to read through posts...27 hours on feet isn't clever.

I shall look tomorrow

*leaves hugs*

Strawberry.Bananas 29-06-2009 06:00 PM

No, they didn't ask why...I think they probably asumed I'd booked an earlier one cause I was down there an hour and a half before my appointment but that was for physio.
I have another appointment on Thursday (for physio related stuff) I might try again then but I don't have the strength at the moment I don't think...

*hugs to everyone* Here if you need me x

zowie 29-06-2009 08:27 PM

I felt really tired today. Was practically nodding off at the Jobcentre. Think it was because of the heat.
I got home and had a doze on the sofa, and then my littlest sister came right up to my face and screamed 'it's my birthday tomorrow!!'
Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhh

CrazyHayley 29-06-2009 08:42 PM

*huggles secrets* your poor feet!! 27hours?!! yikes

*huggles Vicki* Hope physio and other stuff go ok for you, its crappy having to keep going to medical appointments isn't it? but we have to try if we want to improve.

*huggles Arwen* gosh how many sisters have you got?! The heat has wiped me out too, which is never good when I don't have much energy to start off with.

Just been trying to distract myself uploading photos onto truprint and ordering stuff. I thought if I looked at pics and thought of happy times it would help....nope, I just wonder where that happy hayley has gone....if she was ever really there?.....

Not long now til medication and bedtime thank goodness....

shadowedseraph 29-06-2009 08:43 PM

*hugs zowie* the heat is knackering me out as well hope you manage to get some sleep honey

*hugs secrets* good to see you back

*hugs vicki* how you doing?

*hugs crazyhaley* sometimes we just need to cry sweetheart