RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

The One Who 25-08-2010 08:58 PM

*hugs everyone* There have been far too many replies since I last popped in for me to point out individuals!

nicole94 25-08-2010 09:00 PM

*dances* no GCSE results but i still got into college!!!!
and helen and mark, sorry i made you worry :( im fine, i went to bed and had a good nights sleep, woke up, went to school and they wouldnt give me my results :( nearly ended it there and then, but made myself go to my auntie teresas and talk it through with her and she took me to the college and she got me into the course and then took me to get a job application form and helped me fill it in, so yeah, its been an ok couple of days really :D

one_step_closer 25-08-2010 09:02 PM

That's great to hear, Nicole!

The One Who 25-08-2010 09:05 PM

That's good news Nicole! I'm glad things have been going well for you.

nicole94 25-08-2010 09:13 PM

thanks guys! im so excited, yet so scared aswell! but ive been put on a course with a lot of help and support and i think i will be ok!

Doikers 25-08-2010 09:14 PM

*HUMONGOUS HUGS April* I'm SO happy for you !!! GOOD LUCK for your interview on the morrow !!

*GIGANTIC HUGS Nicole* YEY For you getting into college , what course are you doing ? *Happy you are okay too*

*Huggles Claire* How are you feeling?

The One Who 25-08-2010 09:19 PM

What course will you be doing, Nicole?

Thanks Doikers (sorry, I don't know your name). I'm not doing so great right now. A mix of family stuff, me stuff, general depression rubbishness.

nicole94 25-08-2010 09:19 PM

*squishes mark*
im doing a steps programme which is a mixture of a lot of courses but my main is gonna be health and social care, its for people that arent very confident or didnt get the grades and it has a lot more support :D

MammaMia 25-08-2010 09:22 PM

*rugby tackles Nicole too* Glad you're okay sweets & that you got into college.

*hugs everyone else* Been too many replies to try keep up!!!

Doikers 25-08-2010 09:24 PM

Hi Claire . My name is Mark :)

nicole94 25-08-2010 09:26 PM

lol, *hugs helen* thanks hun, im now trying to think of all the things im gonna need to buy for college, anyone got any ideas? (just general things)

The One Who 25-08-2010 09:27 PM

Hi Mark. *hugs*

Nicole, it sounds like it will be a good course, and you sound really up for it as well. I hope it goes well for you. As for what you'll need, paper and pens. For paper I like spiral-bound notebooks, and for pens anything will do but I use a trusty Bic biro. I'm not sure about others things you'll need though, like if there is anything course specific. Some people like to organise things into folders too.

PoisonedApple 25-08-2010 09:28 PM

*sneaks in and hides out*

Scarletdreamer 25-08-2010 09:29 PM

*hides with Crimson*

Nicole, so so glad that you are okay!! and also glad that you sound so upbeat about your college course. :) Well done.

nicole94 25-08-2010 09:31 PM

*hugs claire* yeah, thanks, so far i've got
folder, pens, pencils, notebooks, long sleeved tops.
i cant think if theres anything else though cause im going shopping tomorrow.

PoisonedApple 25-08-2010 09:35 PM

*adds to Nicole's list: pencil sharpener, pencil holder, highlighter, extra erasers, calculator, backpack/bag...*
I just got my kids their school supplies a lil bit ago :)

MammaMia 25-08-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2461752)
lol, *hugs helen* thanks hun, im now trying to think of all the things im gonna need to buy for college, anyone got any ideas? (just general things)

*hugs Nicole tightly* I've seen what you got already, I suggest highlighter pens too ^_^ Might come in use!!!

The One Who 25-08-2010 09:41 PM

Oh yes, highlighters can be good. Just don't do what some people do and highlight the entire page apart from words like 'and'. It defeats the purpose of highlighting!

nicole94 25-08-2010 09:42 PM

*hugs helen and poisoned apple (****, sorry forgot your name, im actually having a blonde day and the name change is confusing me XD)* thanks guys. will write this all down and take it tomorrow.

MammaMia 25-08-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One Who (Post 2461788)
Oh yes, highlighters can be good. Just don't do what some people do and highlight the entire page apart from words like 'and'. It defeats the purpose of highlighting!

Seriously?? :| That's just...pointless!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole94 (Post 2461789)
*hugs helen and poisoned apple (****, sorry forgot your name, im actually having a blonde day and the name change is confusing me XD)* thanks guys. will write this all down and take it tomorrow.

*hugs Nicole* Poisoned apple is crimson hun :) Yay, shopping is fun. I'm going shopping tomorrow after my appointment at the jobcentre ^_^