RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Vivica 09-05-2009 08:42 AM

Just begun Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs. I picked them up at kmart, the first five in the series for $24.95AU !! That excites me.

x_Electrify 09-05-2009 01:18 PM

Reading It by Stephen King, pretty good so far!

Rodolphus 09-05-2009 02:59 PM

I've just finished my Roald Dahl Treasury. I haven't read it for years, I love it :)

And I'm half way through Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.
And the White Stripes Biography.

Lucius. 09-05-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linder surprise (Post 1602780)
on the road took me about four months to read, it was insane. i just couldn't really get into it & when i did, the good parts seemed to be over quickly. there's just too much stoned rambling.

i organised my bookshelf by colour (apart from harry potter shelf). i know this hasn't really got anything to do with this thread but there was nowhere else to tell anyone.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : in case you don't care.

That looks really good, I have to say. Wish I could be bothered to sort my books out...

I plan to re-read all the Harry Potter books again, so obviously I'm reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Damaged... 09-05-2009 05:53 PM

i read it quite a while ago but its awsome

A peice of cake by cupcake brown

its very sad but so good its a biography.

The War Doctor 09-05-2009 11:00 PM

Last read: Tropic Of Cancer by Henry Miller. Not bad... a bit rambling and inconsistent, but I think it's intentional.

Currently reading: Angels And Demons by Dan Brown. Utter tripe. At least The Da Vinci Code had an interesting story, Angels And Demons doesn't even have that going for it. Boring, predictable, full of bullsh*t "facts" and terribly written.

Next on my list: Cocaine Nights by J.G. Ballard.

Snuffles 10-05-2009 08:57 AM

Well I'm now up to Shakespeare's Richard II

Fun :D

Dreaming. 10-05-2009 11:57 AM

I'm re-reading The Girl with a Pearl Earring.

It's not as good as I remember it being. In fact, it just all seems quite fake - the conversation from the main character is just so... false.
It's still interesting, it's just not as good as I remember it being.

youngmanstride 11-05-2009 04:40 AM

american psycho

first book i read in years. totally hypnotic jet black satire of yuppie culture.

the murders, sex wouldn't shake out of my head for days, it lingers.

great read though. less then zero is next

PrincessVegeta_x 12-05-2009 12:38 AM

I have nothing new to read so since I haven't read Harry Potter in a couple of years, I've decided to read all the books again.
=]

xthexasylumxchildx 12-05-2009 02:18 AM

i'm reading neverwhere by neil gaimen
and it's really good. it's like a modern day alice in wonderland.

i just finished reading the clockwork orange.
it was very odd and difficult to read. but it is beautiful.

silverfaerychild 12-05-2009 05:17 AM

Redwall by Brian J

singing potato 12-05-2009 05:32 AM

Slumdog Millionaire AKA Q&A by Vikas Swarup. I'm almost finished with it, and for those of you who have seen the movie, the book and the movie are extremely different!! I've never encountered a book and a movie about said book to be so contrasting. The book is still amazingly amazing! It's a MUST read!

Also, I'm reading Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. Although it's has a lot of pages, the way it's typed makes it a quicker read than one would presume, and it makes it easy to read. The book is really good! Once I'm done with this one I'm definitely reading her other books in this "series".

monket 12-05-2009 06:18 AM

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman

zoie4kimx 12-05-2009 07:14 PM

Never Look Back :D

one_step_closer 12-05-2009 08:23 PM

When No One Understands - Brad Sachs.

mesmerized. 13-05-2009 10:52 PM

I'm reading 'Face the Fire' by Nora Roberts. Not something I'd usually read, but I'm enjoying it. Nice, light read :)

linder surprise 13-05-2009 11:12 PM

i have very nearly finished lolita. it only took about three months.

idk what i will read next. maybe murakami's a wild sheep chase.

Left. 13-05-2009 11:32 PM

i've just finished reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.

Now, i've started reading the whole Harry Potter collection...again!
Got to refresh my memory for the new film! :)

gypsyroselee 14-05-2009 02:04 AM

i just read Apples - Richard Milward

amazon reccommended it to me and i thought the cover looked kindof cool.it wasn't that great.edit: on second thoughts it was pretty ****.lucky i only spent like 10p on it.

i think i will start either Lunar Park or Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis next.

and i have the new Chuck Palahniuk book on pre-order from amazon.

i'm sad.