RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Eska 09-06-2018 04:34 PM

Sounds good Beckie! I hope you get through the day without melting.

No sign of rain here yet...

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 04:44 PM

The thunder has just started here.

chinahorse 09-06-2018 04:53 PM

Don't think it's even due to rain here?!

Aubergine 09-06-2018 05:13 PM

I'm in wales! No rain here...

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 05:24 PM

It is hot here. Been to tesco and it took me ages to find the lemon juice. Still I found it in the end. I took a shopping list and apart from one item I stuck to my list. I have tesco order coming next week so it was only stuff that I needed before then.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 06:17 PM

It is a posh village so that explains the pimms! :p

No sign of rain here!

On bus home now. Hope it's not raining when I get there, I don't have an umbrella!!

Aubergine 09-06-2018 06:39 PM

How's the bus journey, beckie? Not too hot, I hope!

I'm at the train station and feeling rather anxious.

chinahorse 09-06-2018 06:50 PM

Hope your anxiety has settled aubergine?

How's the bus journey beckie?

Well done dawn :)

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 06:55 PM

Thanks Lillie.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 07:02 PM

Its actually a bit chilly on the bus!
And the sky is looking suspiciously grey....:ermm:

Hope youre ok aubergine

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 07:40 PM

The rain etc has stopped for now.

Hope you're getting on alright Aubergine.

chinahorse 09-06-2018 07:42 PM

:/ Hope you make it home before it rains beckie!

I'm watching Mulan. Pondering what to make for tea. Am hungry now though it's a tad early and I haven't done anything to work up an appetite.

Aubergine 09-06-2018 07:51 PM

Thank you. <3 it's very hot on the train, but it's straight through and I'm only 30 minutes from home.

Hope the rain stays away, beckie!

Hey Lindsay!

Your body is going through a lot, Lillie. What do you have in for tea?

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 07:54 PM

There were a few drops but I am home now!

chinahorse 09-06-2018 07:55 PM

Thats not too bad then aubergine.

Meh my body is frustrating.
I've a fair amount in but I dunno what I want. May have to nap again first though. But I've organised my dvds finally which is satidying.

chinahorse 09-06-2018 07:55 PM

Ninja beckie! That's good.

Aubergine 09-06-2018 08:04 PM

Yay Beckie! :)

Organised DVDs sound good! I hope you find something that you fancy to eat.

It is so hot on this train!

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 08:12 PM

You might need to invest in a hand held fan Aubergine.

I'm glad your home and didn't get wet Beckie! What's your evening looking like?

I hope you can find a napping/eating combination that works for you Lillie. How did you organise your DVDs? Alphabetically or what? I know that's quite a sad question!

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 08:14 PM

I am annoyed. Silly me didn't check the butter situation for my baking and I don't have enough salted butter. If I checked before going to tesco I could have got some there. I have plenty of unsalted butter so I will have to use a small amount of unsalted butter.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 08:14 PM

Well done for organising your dvds Lillie!
Its always nice to get a job done

Hope your journey is going ok aubergine!

Im watching last vegas (love this film) and casualty is on later

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 08:19 PM

Will using unsalted butter make much of a difference Dawn?

I've never seen Last Vegas. I'm glad you're watching something you like :-) Hope you enjoy Casualty too.

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 08:24 PM

I organise my dvds by subject. For example all my horsey dvds are together and all the Harry Potter dvds are together. The Railway Children dvds are together. My Doctor Who dvds are sorted by transmission date with the Sarah Jane Adventures at the end. When I have several series of dvds the dvds are sorted by series order.

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 08:27 PM

I don't have many DVDs so I just pile them on top of each other under the TV.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 08:28 PM

Mine are in piles.
Neat piles though!

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 08:29 PM

I saw your reply on live view and somehow thought you said mince pies.

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 08:29 PM

I dunno Lindsay because I haven't made the recipe before. I suppose that I could walk to the next village where there's a coop and a spar but for the sake of 50g it's not worth it.

I also plan to make slimming world houmous tomorrow too.

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 08:30 PM

You're going to be busy in the kitchen Dawn.

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 08:38 PM

Anything to keep me busy Lindsay. I am not with my family this weekend so I am going to be bored otherwise. Sadly there's no buses so other than the park at the bottom of the road there's not much to do in my village.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 08:40 PM

I wish I had mince pies!

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 08:43 PM

I found a Christmas cake whilst looking for the blade to my food processor

one_step_closer 09-06-2018 08:45 PM

Yuck to mince pies and Christmas cake!

I bought that deal they're doing in Asda where you get a side, a huge pizza, and a sweet pizza for 4. I'm trying so hard not to eat the sweet pizza because I have definitely eaten far too much today.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 08:59 PM

I have a box of melon and grape which isnt as exciting as a sweet pizza!

Aubergine 09-06-2018 09:15 PM

Pizza is so good! What side did you get?

I hope that you are able to keep busy, Dawn. Sounds like you've got some good plans! :)

I have Asda coming between 9pm and 10pm. They're bringing trifle. :D

I also plan to be busy in the kitchen tomorrow. I am going to cook (using my pressure cooker): Sausage casserole, bolognaise, a batch of boiled eggs, a gammon joint (which I am going to cut up) and a whole chicken (which I am going to cut up). I am going to portion things up and put them in the freezer. :)

Going to have a lie in first though. It's been a busy week!

Aubergine 09-06-2018 09:15 PM

Ooo nice Beckie! :)

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 09:27 PM

Mmm trifle!
All that cooking sounds delicious!
I should really do something like that
Some people at slimming world do batch cooking and it really helps!

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 09:36 PM

There's the plans of what I plan to do in my r / v.

Aubergine 09-06-2018 09:50 PM

Asda came early! Guy said he'd been waiting in the depot for the past 35 minutes because he wasn't allowed to deliver to me any more than 20 minutes early. I said that he could have phoned me and he could have come earlier. He said that Asda have now got a policy where the drivers are not allowed to do that at all. Seems a bit silly to me!

I've done a bit of batch cooking before and it's really, really helpful. Shove a load of meals in the freezer and I'm less likely to order takeaway because I'm too lazy to cook. :P

That's cool, Dawn!

I have trifle! :D *shares*

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 09:56 PM

That is a bit silly!

I am also lazy so get what you mean! :p

Yay trifle!!

not_so_insig 09-06-2018 10:11 PM

I am also a lazy cook.

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 10:21 PM

Do you ever just get into bed and it's like, yesss bed!
Cos that's what I feel right now
Its been a long day of peopleing!

Cacoethes 09-06-2018 10:56 PM

Just had an email inviting me to a job interview.
Who tf sends these things at 10pm on a Saturday?!

Aubergine 10-06-2018 12:07 AM

Well done, Beckie! What's the job?

chinahorse 10-06-2018 12:31 AM

Oo well done beckie :)

All your guys talk of food has made me peckish! Suppose I have been asleep since errrmmmm I went to sleep :-P

Aubergine 10-06-2018 12:36 AM

Hey Lillie. How do you feel now? Did the nap help at all? I hope you find something nice to eat. :)

chinahorse 10-06-2018 12:42 AM

I feel just as ouchy as before. Marginally less tired though. Currently nomming some biscuits with a cuppa :)

You managing to relax after your sticky train journey?

Aubergine 10-06-2018 12:53 AM

It's rubbish that you still feel as ouchy as before. :( Biscuits and a cuppa sounds good! Think you'll be able to sleep come more tonight?

Yes thanks. Should have booked assistance like I usually do, but I haven't been feeling particularly anxious lately and thought I'd be OK doing it on my own. Will not make that mistake again. At least I ended up on the right train and got off at the right station!

Alec just wore himself out trying to catch a tiny fly (he succeeded and then ate it :/) He's now flopped out on my bed. :)

chinahorse 10-06-2018 12:59 AM

But you made it! You should feel proud.

Haha. He's adorable <3
Upstairs cat, who looks like a kitten but isn't, keeps coming to visit through my open window. She's so inquisitive. And she ate a spider for me lol.

And thanks. I should eat less rubbish though. I'm getting a bit too heavy which may be adding to joint stress.

I need to life tomorrow and I don't wanna!

Aubergine 10-06-2018 01:12 AM

Thank you. <3

Aww that's nice. :) Cats are in to everything! Haha, well done that cat! Biggest thing I've seen Alec eat is a woodlouce. How a woodlouce came to be inside my falt I don't know!

I guess most people should eat less rubbish, really. It's so tempting when it's so quick and easy though, isnt it? Especially if you're tired and sore and can't face cooking. Have you got a freezer? I just wondered if you ever batch cook stuff? It's what I've started to do and it's really helping me to eat more healthily because if I don't feel up to making a meal, I can just shove a portion of whatever in the microwave and I'm sorted.

I don't really know what helps/doesn't help with fibro, but wonder if eating proper food that's got lots of nutrients in it would, weightloss aside, help with energy levels etc?

What does lifing involve tomorrow? I plan on staying in my pyjamas until I go to church at 18:30!

chinahorse 10-06-2018 01:30 AM

I don't even want to think about bugs in my flat :/

Batch cooking is a good idea I just never have the energy to do it recently. It's how I used to make meals though. And yeah eating proper meals sometimes helps but if it's a choice between a pizza or nothing because I feel too ill then I'll have a pizza.

Ugh so jealous! Mind I mostly did that today. Need to pop to town for some random bits like bleach and Erm can't remember what else :-P should also change my bedding and hoover my bedroom.

Aubergine 10-06-2018 01:55 AM

No, it's difficult when you don't have the energy. Pizza over nothing has always been my theory too and I think it's true. Many of time have a microwaved some kind of oven food. Microwaved frozen pizza (unless they are the the special kind) is not something I recommend!

You need a list!