RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 06-01-2009 11:29 AM

Lucy, I hope you are going okay there. I kinda know that feeling. Please try to hang in there darl.

Accidentally Abstract 06-01-2009 12:10 PM

Mm. 's'fine.

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 12:33 PM

*sends hugs around*

Lucy - what's the megabus [please excuse my ignorance]

Kahlia - I read your rant about the doctors and I agree it's frustrating when those who are expected to treat you have biases that preclude them from properly helping you... ugh! I'm fortunate to have a great GP; but I've known people who haven't [for physical illnesses too] and it's crappy.

Dayna - hope you have a good sleep. I think Kahlia had a good idea about writing stuff down.... let us know how things go.

Emma - how are you doing - did you end up going to A&E?

How is everyone else doing? I was going to list names of recent people in here, but in fear that I'd miss someone, i'm just leaving it general.. hope everyone is well.

--

it's morning again, so that means I'm feeling relatively stable. My first day back at work wasn't as bad as I had feared, though it exhausted me and then ended up watching a movie that triggered me... so that wasn't good. Hoping today will be a good day....

take care everyone

zowie 06-01-2009 12:46 PM

I was an idiot yesterday.
I felt hungry so I had a mini pizza (not meant to have more than one meal a day so there's part one of me being an idiot) with some dip.
I think the dip was out of date because I feel really sick now and my stomach really hurts.

I know I need a bath and I need to change my clothes but gawd why are such simple things so hard? x

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 12:52 PM

*hugs Zowie* it's frustrating when simple things are hard... can you try breaking it into steps... sometimes that works for me.... like maybe getting up, then deciding what to wear, then showering, etc.

mouse in darkness 06-01-2009 12:56 PM

Ravyn hope your day goes well, am glad to hear that your first day back was ok.

Lucy Hope you are ok. I understand what you are going through and I hope that you can hold on and stay strong.

Zowie sorry you feel unwell. Hope you stomach pain eases

*Hugs and hot chocolate for everyone*

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 12:58 PM

How are you doing Nicole? Thanks for the encouragement and hot chocolate! *hugs back*

Snuffles 06-01-2009 01:04 PM

I really wanna do something...

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 01:06 PM

what do you want to do Katie?

Snuffles 06-01-2009 01:08 PM

Anything *sniff*

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 01:10 PM

*hugs and cuddles Katie* could you go for a walk or go visit someone?

ravynsoul 06-01-2009 01:13 PM

*leaves hugs for everyone*

I'm off to do chores and go to work.. take care everyone, talk to you later.

mouse in darkness 06-01-2009 02:24 PM

Ravyn am realy glad that you are doing ok and that things are improving. Well if I said how I was truly feeling I might make people worried so I really can't do that. Glad you enjoyed the hot chocolate. *Hugs you back* I realy needed the hug thank you. Have fun at work.

Katie hope you are ok and you find something constructive to do that makes you feel a bit better.

*Builds denial tent over a bed and hides under it crying*:-(

Accidentally Abstract 06-01-2009 05:18 PM

The megabus is like a double decker bus which pretends it's a coach & is really cheap. [megabus.com]

I'm in a random city. I'm staying in a random hotel tonight. I can't afford any of this. I needed to get out. I lied to my mum. I'm not going to have internet from 10 minutes time until I get home tomorrow, assuming I do get home if Ihave money to get there.

God, what am I doing here? =\

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 05:27 PM

Lucy please be careful. This doesn't sound like a fantastic idea sweetie. What city are you going too? *hugs*

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 05:47 PM

*cuddles Katie* how are you feeling now? Did you manage to get out? Hope you are ok x

*offers Nicole a tissue and safe hugs* Here if you want to talk at all.

How are you Ravyn? Enjoying the chores :P x

Dayna- I hope you are feeling a bit better when you wake up. PM box is always open x

*leaves hugs, soft toys and hot chocolate/icecream for Kahlia, Jem, Katrica and anyone else I have missed*

------------

Couldn't face a+e. Got dressed and everything but realised I couldn't do it and have gone back to bed. I suck.

Eclectica 06-01-2009 05:48 PM

*Hugs everyone*

Feeling so insecure, triggered and sad... :[

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 05:49 PM

Sorry you are feeling bad Katrica *hugs* Do you want to talk about it?

Eclectica 06-01-2009 05:54 PM

It's stupid really...

I delevoped MPD/Schiz (runs in the family and I developed it about 7 months ago) and only my mum seemed to believe me until I went to see a psych and got diagnosed (more or less), maybe just before that. All seems fine now but I'm still very insecure about it around others. It's getting me down I guess.

Pomegranate 06-01-2009 06:01 PM

That sucks. Have people reacted better since you were officially diagnosed? There will always be some idiots who chose to ignore the obvious or don't believe in mental illness. Please try not to let it get you down though hun.