RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Casper_Fading 26-08-2008 11:54 AM

Well done sweetheart!

*sashays back out of pysch ward*

MammaMia 26-08-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondiebear (Post 1029504)
*hugs Helen* Thank you.
*hugs Sophie*
*sends Chloe a kiss to make better, ok sent*
*hugs Heather, sleep well*

The client was fine with her patterns, may want me to do up some prototypes when I get back. Yay!

*hugs Susan* and yay on your client

Quote:

Originally Posted by effervescence (Post 1029529)
thank you helen and susan and heather.

i am falling apart.

hugggs again. well if you are falling apart, we're all hereto help you pick the pieces up

Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie (Post 1029707)
Hi everyone. I'm two days away from a week free, that's a big deal for me. Usually I self harm every day.

Yaaaaaaay Zowie, keep it up hun, I know h0ow hard the first few weeks are x

Auburn Shadow 26-08-2008 01:21 PM

*hugs everyone*

Is it strange that I love being at work?

MammaMia 26-08-2008 01:27 PM

I don't think it's strange :)

Kahlia1981 26-08-2008 02:15 PM

Hi all. *cuddles anyone who wants cuddles*

I made one whole day SI free !!!!!!! :laugh:

Do have some not so great news though. I'm going back to having electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) three days a week for at least the next two weeks. :crying: I really don't want to, but I'm still rapid cycling. It's now been four days straight and I can make the change from serious depression to full blown mania in less than five minutes. Am also still having psychotic symptoms. Pdoc doesn't really know what to do so is just trying this before having a go at changing medication.

I've had a really crap day. Does anyone mind if I just go and sit outside in the smoking area for a bit?? I've had to come to terms with the fact that this semester of uni is basically now written off. It just makes me feel like such a failure.

*offers soft cuddly toys to everyone and then goes out to the smoking area to try and calm herself down*

Kahlia

Auburn Shadow 26-08-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells (Post 1029845)
I don't think it's strange :)

*hugs Hells* Yay! lol, that's probably a good thing. I'm planning my holidays around when people are having babies now so that I can come back and work while they're off :) I need money! Did you ever get any sleep in the end sweetie?

*hugs Kahlia*

Mind if I join you in the smoking area for a bit?

zowie 26-08-2008 03:43 PM

*Joins people in the smoking area*

So I just got my A level results. D in Psychology, which is terrible and E in Sociology which is good considering I missed two exams.

I'm re-taking Sociology A2 this year along with Engligh language AS and Performing Arts AS. Hopefully it'll be enough UCAS points to get me into Winchester uni. x

1ofmany 26-08-2008 06:10 PM

I failed my psychology AS and redid it while i did two other A2s and got a C in it (its kinda cheating when i went over the same stuff twice!)

blondiebear 26-08-2008 06:12 PM

It is so weird for me to see my name with Heather's because my little sister is Heather.:-p

Since it is morning, i'm feeling better. We'll see how things go though. The afternoons really are the worst for me.

*hugs everyone*
sorry i feel better but my memory and keeping track of things is still not good.

MammaMia 26-08-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlia1981 (Post 1029958)
Hi all. *cuddles anyone who wants cuddles*

I made one whole day SI free !!!!!!! :laugh:

Do have some not so great news though. I'm going back to having electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) three days a week for at least the next two weeks. :crying: I really don't want to, but I'm still rapid cycling. It's now been four days straight and I can make the change from serious depression to full blown mania in less than five minutes. Am also still having psychotic symptoms. Pdoc doesn't really know what to do so is just trying this before having a go at changing medication.

I've had a really crap day. Does anyone mind if I just go and sit outside in the smoking area for a bit?? I've had to come to terms with the fact that this semester of uni is basically now written off. It just makes me feel like such a failure.

*offers soft cuddly toys to everyone and then goes out to the smoking area to try and calm herself down*

Kahlia

Yaaaaaaaay for one day free sweetie, keep going. Urrrgh ETC looks/sounds so horrible *huggles*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auburn Shadow (Post 1030084)
*hugs Hells* Yay! lol, that's probably a good thing. I'm planning my holidays around when people are having babies now so that I can come back and work while they're off :) I need money! Did you ever get any sleep in the end sweetie?

*hugs Hana* Yaaay hehe. Awwww bless ya!! I need money too :( Silly uni proving expensive!! :p But it'll be worth it when I'm in a highly paid job I suposse? I did indeed. 7.30-9am, 9.30-11.50 & 12.15-2.50 Baaaad Hells!!! HAVE to go offline by 3am, and try ****ing sleep, that'll help if I do :) Did you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie (Post 1030226)
*Joins people in the smoking area*

So I just got my A level results. D in Psychology, which is terrible and E in Sociology which is good considering I missed two exams.

I'm re-taking Sociology A2 this year along with Engligh language AS and Performing Arts AS. Hopefully it'll be enough UCAS points to get me into Winchester uni. x

Yaaaaaay Zowie, you've done well considering and good luck on trying to get into Winchester uni, you can do it darling!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ofmany (Post 1030498)
I failed my psychology AS and redid it while i did two other A2s and got a C in it (its kinda cheating when i went over the same stuff twice!)

I failed my Psychology AS, partly because I didn't even complete it anyway, but from Jan to when I left I slowly (and then very rapidy) went from getting A grades in most stuff if not all to failing it all.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondiebear (Post 1030500)
It is so weird for me to see my name with Heather's because my little sister is Heather.:-p

Since it is morning, i'm feeling better. We'll see how things go though. The afternoons really are the worst for me.

*hugs everyone*
sorry i feel better but my memory and keeping track of things is still not good.

*hugs Susan* I hope you have an ok day if not a good one. xx

blondiebear 26-08-2008 06:49 PM

University is so different in the UK! I don't understand some of what you are talking about, but that is ok.

Kahlia, I'm sorry about you having to have the ECT.

I'm going to an aa meeting today, the the supermarket on the way home, so I'll be busy at my worst time of day.

Have a good day/evening everyone!

1ofmany 26-08-2008 06:56 PM

We're talking about A levels which is the stage before Uni. On my uni course i am currently on a low 2:2 or high 3 (not sure which).

BoundNoMore 26-08-2008 08:27 PM

*sits by the door and waits*

MammaMia 26-08-2008 10:25 PM

*waits with Amanda.* What we waiting for hun?

Mors Certa 26-08-2008 11:09 PM

Just an update, I have limited time to be online, so will not be able to respond at this point in time, but I hope that everyone is well, and that you are supporting one another. I will be transitioning to outpatient tomorrow, and don't know how that is going to go. Very nervous, anxious and afraid about being out of this semi-safe place. (Semi-safe because they cannot completely deprive me of objects that hurt, cut, or otherwise. They do very good job, but you would be amazed what you can do when the urge wins) For the last two days, I have remained SI free. Requesting assistance when I felt that I could not control it any longer. I am doing better, suicidal thoughts are gone for the moment, hopefully I will be able to scare them away completely with the remaining treatment and follow up care. 9 days inpatient feels much longer than 9 days.

Sorry for length, but trying to get everyone updated in one shot
Thank you for PMs, I will read them if I have time remaining and will respond when I am home.

Last Monday, I went from barely holding it together to completely broken apart. Had to depend on a friend to talk me all the way to the hospital, good thing I have lots of spare minutes on the cell phone, or it would have cost a fortune. Walked in door and was promptly surrounded by nurses that were waiting for me to arrive, which I did. Being surrounded triggered a wonderful new condition, yes, that's right, full blown panic attack, couple shots later, could not figure out why I did that. They were petite women, not a physical threat, but sure felt like I was in danger. Oh well, got there.

I will spare the details of the entire time, but thought some of you might relate to the panic attack.

I am doing better each day, evenings and nights are extremely tough, but the things they are teaching me are very helpful.

Oops, gotta get off here, sorry can't stay. Will step in again when released. Love, hugs, snuggles and glomps for all of you. Take the ones you want, and share them all around. (Lots of pretty sparklies are available if you like those)

Kahlia1981 27-08-2008 12:45 AM

Hi all. I start my ECT treatments this morning but don't have to be at the hospital until 9:30. Unfortunately that means a) no medication this morning, b) nothing to drink and c) no smoking because otherwise I react badly to the anaesthetic and 9 times out of 10 wake up having a severe asthma attack and end up on a nebuliser.

Thanks everyone for the hugs, cuddles, et cetera and the kind words. They were much appreciated.

ECT is not as bad as it is depicted to be ..... but that doesn't mean that I really want to be going back and having it again. I don't react well to anaesthetics normally, and they have to remember my latex allergy and also that I react to normal bandaids that they try and put on me when they take the canula out. I don't always remember to remind them because I'm not usually fully with it at that point in time.

*leaves hugs, cuddles, snuggles, sparklies, soft fluffy teddy bears, other soft cuddly toys and butterfly kisses for everyone*

See you all somepoint after the treatment.

*goes and sits in the ECT waiting room*

MammaMia 27-08-2008 01:20 AM

Hugggggs

All I'm Living For 27-08-2008 02:40 AM

*curls up in a cupboard and cries*

MammaMia 27-08-2008 03:08 AM

*gets in and cuddles soph*

All I'm Living For 27-08-2008 03:10 AM

*tries not to cry all over you*