RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Pomegranate 09-08-2008 12:25 AM

*curls up in a corner under a pile of cushions*

Dad's can be idiots sometimes! Keep going hun x

*leaves hugs and hot chocolate for all*

blondiebear 09-08-2008 12:35 AM

Is it SI if you make yourself sun sick?

I can not believe what pitiful shape I am in. It took me 40 minutes to walk one mile.

Pomegranate 09-08-2008 12:39 AM

I think if you did it on purpose to deal with something then it is a form of self injury yes. Thats just my opinion though. Don't beat yourself up over giving yourself sun stroke x

~*forever_broken*~ 09-08-2008 01:09 AM

And dangerous *hugs her RYL-mum*

*joins Emma under her cushions*

Pomegranate 09-08-2008 01:10 AM

*moves over to make way for Ally*

How are you doing?

blondiebear 09-08-2008 01:28 AM

I did it to deal with emotions; I walk sometimes when the emotions are too much. But the themometer on my porch said about 95F and it is humid for here. I had the stuff so i would be safe, inhaler, bottle of water, house keys which also have a couple of pet tags with ID.

While I was walking i thought about cutting the bracelet apart and just putting the pieces in the bead drawer.

I feel better than i did though. I don't know. I just don't know. Sorry.

Mors Certa 09-08-2008 01:43 AM

Brief stop in, going inpatient, don't know when or if they will let me go. Take care of yourselves

Pomegranate 09-08-2008 01:44 AM

Good luck Mors Certa, hope it helps. Try and update when you can *hugs*

~*forever_broken*~ 09-08-2008 01:52 AM

*hugs Jeff*
Hunni, good luck, try and think positively.

*snuggles Emma*
I don't know how I am doing... How are you sweetie?

blondiebear 09-08-2008 02:02 AM

Is this my fault? Did I push too hard?

Is my walk, that I took in 90F+ heat, SI?

Please, help? Please?

Mors Certa 09-08-2008 02:23 AM

Susan, in a way, it is your fault, and I am certain that my kids will appreciate you caring enough to push, and push and push beyond your limits and beyond mine. I have to get help, I know that, these thoughts won't go away I cannot keep myself safe, so I am allowing them to admit me until I can be safe, thank you

BoundNoMore 09-08-2008 02:27 AM

*cries happy tears*
I will miss you, but I am soooo very proud of you for getting help.
*cuddles her RYL Daddy*

blondiebear 09-08-2008 02:28 AM

I am glad you are getting help. I hope it really works. And i would have followed through.

Keep in touch when you can. Selfishly and needily enough, I will miss you.

Love you Bro

And would someone please answer my question? Was it Si or just getting some exercise so i could feel better?

BoundNoMore 09-08-2008 02:33 AM

Blondie,
IMO it was just exercise... especially since you took precautions to stay safe.
But then again, it all comes down to intention... did you go on the walk WANTING to get heat stroke?
*hugs her auntie*

~*forever_broken*~ 09-08-2008 02:34 AM

*cuddles Jeff* very, very proud, my friend.

Susan, as to SI... I'm not sure it would qualify, it's not what you normally hear... And it really depends on intent... If you decided to go on this walk for the express purpose of getting heat exhaustion then, I guess in a loose sense of it, yes, it could be considered SI

SafeWay hasn't called back... I called to check on my application (had heard from them last week and they said they would call this week to set up an interview) and the gal that handles it was just getting there so the guy I was talking to took my name and number so she could call me... And that was an hour and fourty minutes ago...
Damn, I need a job

blondiebear 09-08-2008 02:43 AM

It was to get the feelings out. It was also to punish myself. I used to walk for miles when I was newly sober. And if it was SI, i want to finish the job.

Someone i know in aa in rl won't be at a special celebration at the end of august, and i feel awful because of that. Or had I already mentioned it? And the denim jacket that i'm making for myself, now i look at the pieces and just wonder if the jacket will always make me feel sad cause i'm disappointed.

*blows a get-well-and-love-you kiss to brother*

~*forever_broken*~ 09-08-2008 03:26 AM

They haven't called, I need a job, if age didn't think they were going to do more interviewing then she shouldn't have told me shed call to set one up!! For crying out loud!

~*forever_broken*~ 09-08-2008 03:50 AM

You want to finish what job..?

*sits in her corner...*
Blank. Numb. Apathetic. Dull. Wooden. Listless.

*begins to rock ever so slightly*

Argh!

effervescence 09-08-2008 04:32 AM

jeff i'm glad you're getting help.

susan, i don't think it was SI, because you did it to get the feelings out but took water etc with you. i think it's like when i draw or take photos, i'm trying to get the feelings out too.

ally, ring them again. it shows commitment at least, and that you actually want the job.

went for a walk (for like 4hrs) in the rain and took photos to avoid doing work, lol. took a RYL-related one - posted in general chat if you're interested.
now i have to think about writing my psych report. argh. group behaviour, any insights ally?

~*forever_broken*~ 09-08-2008 05:40 AM

Mmm, group behavior is interesting... For example, folks are much more likely to help someone in need if they are the only other person there... The more people there are the less likely any one of them will lend a hand... It's kind of the herd mentality some say. It has also been suggested that folks don't help because they're all sitting there thinking 'oh well, someone else will help them'. There is one well known incident... I would have to see if it is in one of the books I still have... Basically this gal was murderd in the vacinity of her apartment... She was beat and a lot of noise was made, there were many folks around but no one helped. Hmm, I've got to see if I can find that...