RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Scarletdreamer 09-08-2010 10:10 PM

*cuddles Mark* I'm sorry you SI'd that badly, love... wish I could be there IRL to offer support, but just try to imagine lil sister hugs. :) Things will get better, I know that they will, you've just got to keep hanging in there. And anyway, I think that nearly anyone would've SI'd after such a deep and scary conversation with your nurse today. Well done for getting through it.

Oh Felicia, sweetie... *cuddles* So sorry that your mum is being so nasty. People really are mean, Mark is right... wish I could be there IRL for you as well. :( If it means anything at all, to me (and probably the other wardies too) you're sweet, kind, intelligent, and - yes - feisty. :D As you know, you're NOT the only one who's been in the hospital for SI, obviously... so yeah. That's really a mean message that you got from your roomie. Are you sure you want to share a room with her? couldn't you change and pay a little extra for a single or is that too much money/too dangerous for you? Just curious, sorry if it were a dense suggestion. :-S Oh, & glad you liked the song. :D

Doikers 09-08-2010 10:13 PM

Ugh , People calling at my door for charity , put me on the spot , I feel guilty so say no when they ask if I was over 25 (I'm 29) and they just look at you like they KNOW you're lying , I just had that and now I feel bad for lying :( and what charity sends people round at 8.50 pm anyway? , I just ignored the door earlier when they came but they came back and I thought it might be my neighbour or someone at the door.

EDIT: That make's it sound like I'm a scrooge ,I'm not . I do donate to one charity and I live on income support and I can't afford to give money to every charity that asks .

misskitty112 09-08-2010 10:17 PM

Thanks April. I want to get a single, but I'm not allowed by my uni, cause in 2008 I had one, and went through a rough time, and attempted suicide, and was found by my RA cause I didn't respond when she knocked on my door for an emergency floor meeting.
So... I'm hoping my friend can just accept that it's a struggle and it's hard to stop, and I'm trying.
And I'm beginning to wonder how long it's gonna take me to calm down. I feel like exploding... gahhhhh...

shadowedsoul 09-08-2010 10:30 PM

Erm sorry thought I could write that and be okay with it, but I can't. It doesn't matter it's okay. Curls up and hides

Louise 09-08-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty112 (Post 2439137)
Thanks April. I want to get a single, but I'm not allowed by my uni, cause in 2008 I had one, and went through a rough time, and attempted suicide, and was found by my RA cause I didn't respond when she knocked on my door for an emergency floor meeting.
So... I'm hoping my friend can just accept that it's a struggle and it's hard to stop, and I'm trying.
And I'm beginning to wonder how long it's gonna take me to calm down. I feel like exploding... gahhhhh...

I am sorry that things are hard for you. I hope your friend does accept that it is a struggle. We are here for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowedsoul (Post 2439155)
Erm sorry thought I could write that and be okay with it, but I can't. It doesn't matter it's okay. Curls up and hides

*hugs* We are here for you there is nothing to be sorry for.

Doikers 09-08-2010 11:19 PM

Well , I'm going to head to bed :|
Night wardmates :)
Early ( for me ) morning tommorow.

Nicole I hope you had a good day sun-bathing and drinking cider :)

Louise 09-08-2010 11:21 PM

Night Mark, Take care.

misskitty112 09-08-2010 11:26 PM

Goodnight, Mark!

PoisonedApple 10-08-2010 12:11 AM

Good night Mark, hope tomorrow goes ok :)

MammaMia 10-08-2010 12:13 AM

Ah I didn't get worried about, fun times.

*cuddles everyone and curls up*

PoisonedApple 10-08-2010 12:23 AM

*cuddles Helen* How are you?

MammaMia 10-08-2010 12:26 AM

Happy that my internet is back up & working. Was out for over 24 hours :/ But otherwise....not so good. *cuddles Crimson*

Kahlia1981 10-08-2010 12:27 AM

*huggles everybody*

Sorry for the lack of individual replies but I'm thinking of all of you.

Got to try and ring the dreaded Centrelink (Social Security) shortly and tell them that I'm going to change from TAFE to Uni . . . they aren't going to like it but I can't go to a TAFE that still hasn't responded to my email asking for a marking criteria 10 weeks ago!!! I ended up submitting the assessment just over a week ago without one because otherwise I could have used up the entire time I was allocated for the subject waiting . . . Not to mention urgent enquiries from the co-ordinator don't get replies for at least three weeks. I can handle getting very simple assignments back in three weeks - but I hate to think how long this last assignment is going to take . . .

MammaMia 10-08-2010 12:27 AM

*cuddles Kahlia* Hope it's not too stressful for you.

Kahlia1981 10-08-2010 12:28 AM

Helen: Oh My Goodness!! 24+ hours without Internet?? How did you survive? I struggle to last an hour without the internet!! *huggles*

Kahlia1981 10-08-2010 12:29 AM

Helen: Thanks. Me too . . . Although I think it might be to be honest . . .

PoisonedApple 10-08-2010 12:42 AM

*nods* having the internet back is def good.
*offers plushie to help make not so good feeling better*
*cuddles all

Kahlia1981 10-08-2010 12:55 AM

*cuddles Crimson* - Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you there. Me bad. :-( How are you doing?

That was the easiest phone call to Centrelink I've ever had ...

PoisonedApple 10-08-2010 01:05 AM

That's alright Kahlia.
Glad your call wasn't too difficult.

MammaMia 10-08-2010 01:05 AM

Kahlia - I didn't survive very well without internet. I pretty cried for a good two hours and stuff. My best friend phoning me lots has really helped. It was even worse with various things and my brain thinking about suicide. Fun times :/ I was really low today, as was said best friend, but we got through it. Glad your call was easy.

Crimson - thank you.

(hugs for all)