RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 04:33 AM

-hugs kahlia, if ok- First of all, you are not a bad wardie. And you are not a waste of space. Everyone is allowed to rant and vent all they want and/or need here. That's the purpose of the ward. Everyone supports each other here.

What do you mean the ward has killed people? Can you report them for doing so? It doesn't seem right that they should be allowed to get away with that. That's murder and as far as I know, murder is against the law, no matter where you live. Since they have tried to kill you in the past, surely you could tell that to the police or something? If they are killing patients, something has to be done.

Maybe until the hospital system is better, you could talk to someone, but not tell them the entire truth? Not lying, but omitting some of the truth so that you don't get hospitalized. If not, is there a chance you could request to be hospitalized elsewhere?

I am going to watch a movie. I need a distraction. I'm sorry. I am not trying to be rude or anything. If you need to talk more, you can PM me if you'd like. I will be checking back every so often. -offers kahlia a protective teddy-

Edit: Just so everyone knows, I am going to stay logged on here during my movie. Just to clear up confusion. Makes it easier for me to pop back in and check.

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 05:08 AM

I love this song...it's such a classic! (It was on the movie I am watching)

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 07:05 AM

I'm back just so everyone knows my movie is over.

Kahlia1981 07-01-2011 10:32 AM

kitty: our ward has literally killed people and been responsible for the deaths (directly and indirectly) of many others.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : Full details
we have had a significant number of people released because they were "well" who were tasered by police less than 24 hours later as they were psychotic - an impossibility even if they had immediately gone off their medication. people have been refused admission and then killed outside the psych ward by being held in dangerous positions and then administered od's of anti-psychotic medications - apparantly there was nothing wrong with them which is why they weren't admitted, but they were obviously unwell enough to require 6 security guards, 4 nurses and a doctor and antipsychotic medication ...

indirectly the ward has been responsible for more than 20 deaths due to suicide - and that is just the ones that have been proven because the suicides happened immediately after the people were turned away after asking for help. it is not uncommon for od's to be given to patients on the ward. i was put in this situation a number of times myself. if you become physically unwell on the ward they ignore it. at least two people (other than myself) that i know of ended up having to require blood transfusions because the nurses and doctors ignored physical symptoms.

they have been reported numerous times but it generally gets ignored. there is a court case at the moment for a gentlement who was killed in a method i mentioned above - it made it to all the papers in australia especially because they took him to a place where the security cameras couldn't see.

the other problem is that they alter patients notes. they removed sections of mine which i only know because i made a complaint to the hqcc (health quality complaints commission) - the highest body i could - and was told they could find no mention of the three od's the hospital gave me. fortunately for me the rest of what i was complaining about was there and the unit was severely reprimanded ... but all it really came down to was a slap on the wrist. another person i know went to the hqcc also but they told her that half of her file has disappeared.

i spoke with a friend today and she advised me also to sort of talk around the issue with my gp so that hospitalisation would not be so much of a concern - but to hopefully be more honest with my pdoc. she also told me to ring her if i started getting too bad again so i could have someone supportive to talk things through with because when i tried to reach out to someone before they told me they didn't want to talk and hung up even after i had admitted i was suicidal.

just hoping that things will settle down .. scared they might not. really sorry for putting this all on you guys. i know it's a lot and you don't need to deal with my bs. :-(

Doikers 07-01-2011 12:11 PM

*Hugs Kitty*
*Hugs Lia*
*Hugs Sarah*
*Hugs Kahlia* Please tell a Dr Hun , They could put in place a support network for you , thats what my team did for me .PM box Open for you always despite my advice maybe crap I'll always listen :)
*Hugs Crimson*
*Hugs Helen*
*Hugs Ian*
*Hugs Felicia*
*Hugs Heather* Nice new profile pic :)

Doikers 07-01-2011 01:48 PM

*Potters about the ward*

Doikers 07-01-2011 04:15 PM

*Spots and Hugs Kahlia*

one_step_closer 07-01-2011 05:10 PM

*hugs everyone* It's quiet in here now.

shadowedsoul 07-01-2011 05:15 PM

hugs all, then curls up.

MammaMia 07-01-2011 05:48 PM

*hugs ward*

misskitty112 07-01-2011 05:49 PM

Man, the ward's quiet today.

*hugs all*

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 05:56 PM

Boo. :)

misskitty112 07-01-2011 05:58 PM

Lia! *hugs* How're you?

MammaMia 07-01-2011 06:02 PM

*hugs Lia and Felicia*

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:12 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Jill*

How are you all?

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 06:13 PM

*Hugs Helen* Hey. You feeling better now? What was the matter?

*Hugs Felicia* Yo :) You alright?

I'm Ok atm. I didn't crash last night, phew, but I'm still afraid of it because even for me, I am taking this news far too well...

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 06:13 PM

Sorry Mark, posted as you did. *Hugs* Just explained about me, what about you?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 06:24 PM

Hey guys *cuddles ward* I bought some of those tone up trainers for my commute because they're so comfortable and good for my joints. Mums moaning because I already have shoes. She nags me to get more exercise, when I do something about it I get moaned at. AGH! Its so frustrating!

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 06:31 PM

Meh, so hurt

misskitty112 07-01-2011 06:43 PM

*hugs Helen*
*Hugs Lia* I'm glad you're okay, atm.
*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry that you're getting moaned at.

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:47 PM

*Hugs Lia* I'm ......conflicted . Trying my bestest to not injure .

*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry your Mum is moaning at you :S

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 06:51 PM

Sarah, have you tried to tell her that no matter the exercise or exercise program it's recommended to get shoes specifically for it?

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:55 PM

*Hugs Crimson* How are you?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 07:03 PM

I tried, but she won't listen. They're a waste of money apparently. They're to take pressure off my joints and tone muscles whilst walking. I don't see the issue. >:(

*cuddles ward* this is making my head hurt

Doikers 07-01-2011 07:19 PM

*Hugs Sarah* Hmm What kind of trainers are they , one of my new years resolutions was to lose weight and I was thinking I could jog (a little) and then more when I get fitter.

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 07:35 PM

I'm... blah.
I'm hoping going to a yoga class after work today and a Zumba class next Saturday do some to help me feel less blah.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : whining about health/medical/resolutions
Part of my new years resolutions for being healthier this year was to quit drinking soda (or knock it down to 1 can a day) but after yesterday I may not be able to... I used to have a fair amount of hypoglycelmic episodes (I think it was referred to as reactive hypoglycemia but I don't remember as it was more than 10 yrs ago now since the last one that caused me to pass out) but haven't had any major problems in a long time... sometimes a little light headedness but a glucose tab evened it out but yesterday I was sitting at my desk and *wham* I was dizzy, lightheaded and just all around unwell... The only thing I had changed that was that massive was that I hadn't had a soda in about 36 hr before that. Some glucose and a candy bar later I was fine. So now I am beginning to think the sugars in the soda is what was keeping my glucose level stable :( I'm going to try to knock it down to one a day and see if that is ok or if I end up needing glucose more regularly.
How are you Mark?
No offense Sarah, but I think her view towards you is always skewed and she should not be listened to... *hugs*

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 07:46 PM

Everyone says the same Crimson. Counsellor thinks she has really deep issues. I have to eat a lot of sugar or even slight bumps will make me pass out.

They're like the Sketchers ones Mark, but these are Thera Olea ones, designed to absorb shock impact from walking more. They're so comfy.

Doikers 07-01-2011 07:49 PM

*Hugs Crimson* Could you find out some non-soda things to help with that , I know you know A TON more about this , Maybe you could put sugar in tea/coffee on Honey in drinks or on toast ?

I'm ....... well I'm not injuring so that good .... Doing my best thats all I can say:S

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 08:02 PM

*Hugs Mark* Keep strong :)

*Hugs Sarah* I second Crimson, you shouldn't listen to her.

*Hugs Crimson* New Year's resolutions are meant to be broken :)

I'm so tired. And my locket's broken. I wear it all the time, and now it won't close and there are teeth marks in it from where I bit it trying to fix it. Not a smart move, I know.

Doikers 07-01-2011 08:05 PM

Oh Lia :( What pictures are in your locket , perhaps you could get them put into a new one?

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 08:05 PM

Mark ~ I could get glucose tabs and liquid glucose (which I always have on hand just in case) but with as often as I would need it comparatively it would cost a ton and its a 'fast acting'/ 'emergency use' type of deal... if I had to use it too often it could cause it's own set of problems and all in all its better health-wise to drink the soda... as odd and f'ed up as that sounds. As for other things with sugar added, I was considering trying to substitute teas with sugar or honey (some teas taste just plain gross with one but good with the other to me...) but I don't know how much tea I'd have to have to balance it out >.> ...I'll get it figured out eventual I hope it's just in the meantime is worrisome but at least I had already had glucose in my desk as a precaution...
The odd thing is I'm the only one in my family that has this problem... most of my moms side is diabetic... I am the family freak medically speaking.

You can do it! I believe in you. *hugs*

Sarah ~ Glad it wasn't offensive. Is there no way you could move out or stay over at your fiance's more often or something?
And I've been thinking about getting some of those shoes... You'll have to tell me if they work!

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:10 PM

nah not right now, finances are bad for both of us and his family. I'll be updating results don't worry. *hugs Crimson*

Lia, is there anywhere you can take it to be repaired? *snuggles*

*hugs Mark* glad you're not injuring, we're here for you

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 08:50 PM

I guess I could try the jewler's in town, and I could put them in another one,but my mum bought me this locket, and although we're not exactly tight, it wouldn't be the same to just buy another one. I guess I'll give the repair shop a try.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:55 PM

They might be able to sort it. Is always worth them looking :) *cuddles*

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 09:05 PM

*Cuddles Sarah* How are you now?

I've taken my locket off for now, it's only been off for half an hour and already I have felt for it about 4 times.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 09:09 PM

Not too bad. Had counselling today and its at the stage of digging up repressed memories, it runs me down a lot but its helping I think. Its not nice, at all. So tired. >:(

Doikers 07-01-2011 09:11 PM

I know the feeling Lia . I have a pendant I wear 24/7 , in the bath , in bed everywhere . My sister bought it back from The Gambia for me , she descibed me to a local Imam out there and he put a quote from the Koran in it to protect me, I'm not Muslim but My sister gave it to me so yeah I'd feel odd without it .

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 09:29 PM

Aww Mark thats lovely :)

Doikers 07-01-2011 09:35 PM

It is , It's a little pouch with the Koran quote is it with a little seashell sort of weaved into the front of it . I also have a name braclet and watch that I seldom romove , The name braclet was also a gift from The Gambia and the watch, well I might need to know the time in the bath :P hehe....

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 09:48 PM

Sounds lovely Mark :)

MammaMia 07-01-2011 09:53 PM

*cuddles everyone*

I have a ring from my best friend that I rarely take off. Only comes off when I'm washing/showering or when I'm at nursery :)

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 09:57 PM

Right. Now I am just pissed off. Since the start of this new year, things have been getting worse and worse. The one person who was a comfort and who has a huge impact on my life is buggering off, my best mate has split up with her fiance, and she just deserves some happiness, it's not fair. I'm going to have the worst birthday. I have a drama exam on my birthday, and the person is leaving around then too, I don't even have that to look forward to anymore, now I've discovered a gem missing from the ring my auntie gave me :'( It's not the biggest deal out of the lot, but that along with my locket breaking and everything else, and it's meant to be the new year I wanted to good start but instead everything's falling apart and it's because I dared to actually say I was happyish. Now I am so far from it, and I'm afraid of what else is going to happen. So much has gone wrong in one week. What can a whole year do?

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 09:59 PM

*cuddles Lia* it does seem an extension of last year all in all doesn't it?

Doikers 07-01-2011 10:03 PM

*Squishes Helen* How are you hun?

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 10:05 PM

Three of my best friends really need me right now, they all leaning on me, and I'm worried about them, but I'm breaking apart myself. I have an AS exam next week, but there's no way I can pass like this. I'm so worried about my drama practical and everything else and it seems like everything I didn't even know I had is being taken away from me bit by bit. It's not even been a fu*ki*g week of the new year and already I want out.

*Hugs Crimson*

MammaMia 07-01-2011 10:07 PM

*squishes Lia* Things will get better sweetheart. You've just had a bad week & that's okay. We all have them when we want things to go right. It is tough. Do you think you can cope with your best friends leaning on you? You need to look after number 1 sweetheart.

*squishes Mark* I'm good. Just all emotional. Haven't spoken to my best friend :'( I was asleep when she texted to say she could call :'( :'( Probably won't get to call me til tomorrow now. Been so excited all day dammit :(

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 10:11 PM

*Hugs Helen* I really don't know. One of them is suicidal and the pressure is just building, but I can't do anything else becasue I'm the only one there for them. They matter more.

My head hurts and I'm tired.

Still Helen, at least you'll get to be excited all day tomorrow now as well :)

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 10:15 PM

*cuddles ward* I wish I could offer more :(

Doikers 07-01-2011 10:20 PM

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Lia* I'm sorry you are having a shitty week but the next 51 weeks might be fan-bloody-tastic for you:) I hope so:)

MammaMia 07-01-2011 10:23 PM

*cuddles Lia* Number 1, you, is always the most important. If you don't look after yourself, you can't help anybody. Please be careful. I know I'm being a brat but don't want to be excited all day tomorrow just now, want it now :( But I should look at it the way you said :)

*cuddles Sarah* Hugs are always good :)

*cuddles Mark*