RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Beyond repair. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248931)

Auror. 06-09-2019 10:28 PM

I'm really sorry you got sectioned. But hopefully maybe they will take your need for help seriously and be able to offer something. Is there any news on how much longer you will be in A&E or what the plan is? That must be super scary.

chinahorse 06-09-2019 10:55 PM

They won't let me go to work. So they said it's night time. But I went to sleep and now it's morning.

Pi.R^2 06-09-2019 11:05 PM

What does it say above your post when you look at it? I can see ‘today, 10.55pm’ and that’s not morning.

I really hope they help you. I know this is scary and unpleasant but hopefully it will be the start of something positive.

Auror. 06-09-2019 11:11 PM

I know here in the US it's Friday evening, which with the time difference would make it Friday night in the UK. So it might be that your sleep schedule is a bit thrown off being inside with no windows and lights on 24/7. Are there any windows where you are? Hospitals can be super disorienting, but they wouldn't lie to you about the time of day.

chinahorse 07-09-2019 03:40 AM

I've stayed for Alice. She is asleep still. Kids need more sleep.

I'm in pain thpugh and not been given painkillers and the people in my bay snore.

I want to go back to the house and see bertie.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 07-09-2019 06:27 AM

I'm glad you've stayed. I'm a bit lost for words but I wanted you to know I'm sending you so much love.

one_step_closer 07-09-2019 11:18 AM

Keep going Lillie, hopefully you can get the support you need and then you will be able to get back to Bertie when you're doing better.

chinahorse 07-09-2019 12:40 PM

I went to go check the door wad locked and it wasn't so I went to work but a junior nurse followed me and said we had to come back for lunch first. And now Alice doesn't want cheese sandwiches.

one_step_closer 07-09-2019 03:01 PM

Don't be concerned about work just now Lillie. Take some time to get yourself feeling better.

Eska 07-09-2019 03:40 PM

Lillie, I know you occasionally work weekend days, but just in case you’ve lost track - today is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday. No need to be worrying about work for now. And Lindsay is right; feeling better is more important.

nonperson 07-09-2019 03:45 PM

Hey Lillie. Got to agree with everyone else - just worry about looking after yourself right now. I know what's happening is not great or ideal but at least you are finally receiving some long awaited and much needed support. Are you still in A&E or have they moved you somewhere else now?

chinahorse 07-09-2019 06:42 PM

I'm on a medical ward. I don't know what is happening ad they won't tell me. It's all frustrating.

chinahorse 07-09-2019 06:58 PM

So. I'm not actually sectioned at the moment. So I'm having a cup of tea and then a shower and then I'm going to feed Bertie.

not_so_insig 07-09-2019 07:01 PM

Sounds a good plan Lillie. I am glad that you are showing some signs of self care. Thinking of you xxx.

chinahorse 07-09-2019 10:48 PM

It's all very confusing here. I showered and then the orthopaedic dr said I could go home. So I left and asked my mum to come and get Alice and I. She said she'd had a drink and to go tell the ward so I did and then the orthopaedic dr said I couldn't go and that I manipulated him. I answered all his questions honestly.

chinahorse 08-09-2019 01:48 AM

So apparently it's night time and im in Hereford hospital. It's all very confusing. Because I slept and now I need to go to work.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 08-09-2019 07:03 AM

I'm sorry everything is so confusing right now, Lillie.

Try not to worry about work right now just focus on feeling better for the time being.

<3

one_step_closer 08-09-2019 11:06 AM

Take it easy Lillie, take things one minute at a time and try not to think too much. What's happening now?

chinahorse 08-09-2019 05:55 PM

I have to stay until tuesday to see plastics. I want to go and see bertie.

one_step_closer 08-09-2019 05:57 PM

Bertie will be there when you get home. He'll be pleased to see you and if you wait until you're well enough to go home then you won't have to be away from him. If you weren't treated then you'd probably be back and forward between hospital and home. Is someone looking after Bertie for you? How are you feeling today?

Eska 08-09-2019 08:21 PM

Thinking of you Lillie. I'm glad they're offering you the physical care you need at a mimimum.

chinahorse 08-09-2019 08:28 PM

I'm frustrated. Apparently I legally have to say here and the police can't help me leave. I want to go and see bertie. I'm sick of being followed around by random people.

Eska 08-09-2019 08:37 PM

I can understand why the police might not be able to help you leave - it seems like you're unwell and confused and in need of treatment - and I can also understand why that would be upsetting and frustrating.

Have you spoken to the people who are following you around? Have they been able to explain why they are there?

chinahorse 08-09-2019 08:38 PM

They sat I need to stay here until I'm safe. But when will that be if they aren't doing anything but watching me?

chinahorse 08-09-2019 08:39 PM

And tonight's man hasn't even introduced himself.

Pomegranate 08-09-2019 09:09 PM

Who is feeding Bertie etc?

chinahorse 08-09-2019 10:38 PM

My mum

Pomegranate 08-09-2019 10:55 PM

Have they said what ‘being safe’ would look like? I’m glad Bertie is being looked after. What’s the plan for your care though, sweet pea? How’s the burn?

chinahorse 09-09-2019 02:23 AM

They said I'm not safe to go to my house and that's why I have someone sat with me. To protect me from the man. Alice and I are sick of being here. It's hard to entertain a 6 year old. I dont know the plan. Apparently there is no plan until crisis see me again. Ive been here since thirsday though so why is it taking so long. Mum said they are waiting for a MH bed but I dont need one the idea I do is ludicrous. The burn is 3rd degree and black. The plastics are coming to look at it on Tuesday. My stitches and staples hurt and my burn leg is swollen. They say I have an infection but I'm not allowed to take the antibiotics. I'm worried mum will take Bertie away. He is my world. I will try to go to the house tomorrow to see him. He must be missing me because I am missing him a lot.

Auror. 09-09-2019 03:49 AM

That does sound like a lot to cope with. But at least the main thing you've been saying you wanted, (protection from the man) is being offered there. I imagine your mum knows how important Bertie is too you and how much he misses you. If you have your phone, could you skype or facetime with your mum when she's with Bertie so you can see him? I hope you can at least stay until Tuesday and get the burn looked at by the proper people. Why can't you take the antibiotics? It sounds important to help you heal properly.

chinahorse 09-09-2019 11:28 AM

They won't treat the burn. They keep changing their mind about it and it hasn't even got a dressing on. They won't give me pain relief so I'm having to use my own and I've nearly ran out.
I went to the bus stop but the random lady followed me. And then the police came and said I had to go back to the hospital and they would find out what's going on. So I came back and apparently I'm sectioned for 72 hours. And that's the only reason I'm here.
The lady that is following me lost Alice penguin and she started crying. The nice nurse found it again.
My leg really hurts.

one_step_closer 09-09-2019 12:02 PM

Have they said when crisis will see you again? I hope things can move forward positively. Do they know about the pain you're experiencing and that you're taking your own pain relief?

Eska 09-09-2019 12:08 PM

That all sounds very confusing and difficult :(

I'm glad there's a nice nurse. Do you think you could ask her or one of the other staff about the pain?

You're doing really well to work through all this. I hope they give you lots of help and support and care.

chinahorse 09-09-2019 12:29 PM

They won't treat the 3rd degree burn. I don't matter.

Eska 09-09-2019 01:01 PM

Did they say why, Lillie? Does that mean that plastics have been to see you?

Has anyone explained what might happen now?

one_step_closer 09-09-2019 01:53 PM

You do matter, 100%.

chinahorse 09-09-2019 03:06 PM

No one is coming to see me. I clearly don't matter. They won't even take the staples out that were due out 2 days ago.

one_step_closer 09-09-2019 03:35 PM

Are they explaining their reasons? I know that sometimes people can be really busy and things like removing staples get pushed down the list, but it is important that they come out if they're supposed to be out.

chinahorse 09-09-2019 03:35 PM

The nurse with me is only worried about her lack of phone charger.

chinahorse 09-09-2019 03:37 PM

I know it important that they come out but they keep saying they will do it and then don't.

one_step_closer 09-09-2019 03:38 PM

I'm sorry people seem to be so concerned about themselves and not doing the things that you need. I have been in that situation of stitches not being taken out for ages despite asking multiple times so I know that it can feel like you're not important. Are there any staff on that you feel more of a connection to?

Eska 09-09-2019 03:39 PM

I've been in that position before and it is really frustrating and upsetting to have to keep asking, I know. It's ok to do that though. Have you had a chance to speak to one of the nurses in charge this shift at all?

chinahorse 09-09-2019 03:39 PM

Yeah the nurse for the other bay is very nice. She found Alice penguin. The rmn didn't believe Alice even had a penguin.

one_step_closer 09-09-2019 03:47 PM

Is there a way you can speak to her about your treatment concerns?

chinahorse 09-09-2019 03:51 PM

They just keep saying I have to be patient but I'm being patient waiting for nothing. I came here for burn treatment. They didn't wash the chemical off my leg for several hours in a and e. And now I have a third degree burn because of that. My leg is actually black. They haven't treated me well at all. Barely give me pain relief. They won't feed Alice and talk about me rather than to me. So why should I be patient?

Auror. 09-09-2019 03:55 PM

I guess unfortunately if you're on a section, your choices are to either try to be patient, or to kick up a fuss. It doesn't sound like leaving is an option.

I know it sucks, and I'm sorry you aren't getting the care you need. Hospitals are a really hard and stressful place to be.

I find sometimes instead of saying something like, "I need staples taken out now," asking instead, "Can you check to find out when the staples will be removed" tends to work better. I usually follow that up with something like, "how long should I wait before I follow up again," so that everyone knows if they've told me they'll get a response to me in two hours and didn't, that I'm going to ask again. That can also help break things up into more manageable chunks of time, as you know you have a plan of action.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 09-09-2019 03:56 PM

Camden has made some really good points there.

Sending love <3

chinahorse 09-09-2019 04:01 PM

I just went and spoke to the nurse in charge. She is going to come and look at my legs and swab them to prove if there is an infection or not. She is also going to take out what needs to come out. When she gets time. And I'm definitely on the list for plastics tomorrow.

Auror. 09-09-2019 04:05 PM

That all sounds really good! Well done for advocating for yourself and your needs. I hope the nurse finds time to see you and care for you soon. Do you have anything you can do to keep your mind occupied until then?

chinahorse 09-09-2019 04:06 PM

I have nothing here but clothes and my washbasin that mum brought in.