RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Devil Girl 09-10-2008 10:45 PM

I hate having to read for uni! To add to my reading I have put another on the side...which I shouldn't have cause I have too much uni reading to do!

The Best Little Girl in the World

linder surprise 09-10-2008 11:22 PM

aw i just had a lecture on the outsider/the stranger on monday! it was quite interesting.

Feel_Good_inc. 11-10-2008 09:58 PM

I've just finished Carrie by Stephen King. Absolutely brilliant. Much better than the film.
And I'm just starting Deception Point by Dan Brown, I'm still only the first couple of chapters so it's too early to know if it's a good read or not.

one_step_closer 12-10-2008 11:50 AM

Light on Snow - Anita Shreve

xADAMx 13-10-2008 07:56 PM

'Long Way Down' by Ewan McGregor & Charley Borman. I watched Long Way Round when it was on tv, but missed Long Way Down. Enjoying the book so far, only about 100 pages in though :)

Spoons 14-10-2008 12:57 AM

I have just finished 'god is dead' by Ron Currie.
It is one of the best books i have ever read.

heres the blurb

'God- or Sora, as she's called- has come to earth to experience its conflicts first hand, but adopting a human form also means assuming human frailty and mortality, and whe Sora's death- and her true identity- is discovered, the world is immediately and irrevocably changed. Waves of panic, civil unrest and mass suicide sweep the globe; young men take the future into their own hands, armies go to war over fate versus free will, and parents- in the absence of an alternative, and with nothing else to do on a Sunday- turn their children into objects of worship.'

^ its really funny and makes you think.

I am now going to read 'Kiss me, Judas' - Will Christopher Baer

Beautifully_Sinned 14-10-2008 01:47 AM

Finished Twighlight, now on to The tenth circle by jodi picoult, then its back to Bella and Edward for me in Eclipse and New moon.

the darkness inside me 14-10-2008 04:40 AM

re-reading Frankenstein. then i will most likely move to something by Edgar Allen Poe, maybe House of Usher?

and btw nats, i own all four twilight books. they are certainly worth reading. you will like them all. but be forewarned: after you read them you will be obsessed with vampires for quite awhile

one_step_closer 14-10-2008 11:05 AM

Firecracker - Sean Stewart

Devil Girl 14-10-2008 11:26 AM

^I wasn't overly impressed with Firecracker

invisible_x 14-10-2008 01:06 PM

Crank - Ellen Hopkins
Recently finished Impulse, by Ellen Hopkins, which was good but slightly triggering.

linder surprise 14-10-2008 01:50 PM

i am still reading we need to talk about kevin. it makes me quite sad that it is taking me so long. i'm only halfway through.
it is quite good though. it's much more detailed and kindof a bit intelligent. moreso than i thought it would be.

PrincessVegeta_x 16-10-2008 01:53 AM

Hehe, I am currently reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. I love it! And I'm obsessed with Edward, as you can probably tell.

Delphina 16-10-2008 11:09 AM

Just finished Breaking Dawn. Loved it!!! Anyone know when the sequel is out?!

Read To Ride Pegasus by Anne Mc Affrey now - also excellent!

PrincessVegeta_x 16-10-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphina (Post 1156077)
Just finished Breaking Dawn. Loved it!!! Anyone know when the sequel is out?!

Hey, Breaking Dawn is the last book in the saga. I only know of one new book, Midnight Sun. It's Twilight from Edward's perspective, but she's stopped writing it because the first few chapters got leaked online. I hope she continues with it. I'm not reading the beginning, I refuse. I'll be so upset if it doesn't get published in the end.
:ermm:

ImaginaryFiend 16-10-2008 12:29 PM

The twighlight series are awesome books, I can't wait for the movie ^_^

Just finished Finding Darcy, about family secrets and bullying basically

Am reading Slash: The Autobiography

Mean as hehe

Ejunknown 16-10-2008 06:05 PM

Demon Diary! Its awesome!

mesmerized. 16-10-2008 06:17 PM

I just finished 'Home Truths' by Sara Maitland, which was pretty good. Although irritating because you don't get to find out what really happened at the enddd. Which is upsetting to me =P

I'm about to start 'Patience & Sarah' by Isabel Miller. Looks interesting.

Haha. I should really spend more time reading the books I have to for uni!

blue_kk 16-10-2008 06:24 PM

i just baught cut by cathy glass ill let yous know how it goes

Devil Girl 16-10-2008 08:28 PM

Reading Next to Nothing

and

Wuthering Heights (for uni)

plus psychology, and management stuff...