RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 09-06-2011 09:19 AM

*Waves to John* How are you? I'm Mark.

*Hugs Crimson* Sorry Hun I don't know.....:S

*Hugs Felicia* Love you <3

Laura2.0 09-06-2011 09:33 AM

*hugs Matthew*
*hugs John* welcome, I'm Laura
*hugs Crimson*
*hugs Felicia*
*hugs Louise*
*hugs Mark*

Doikers 09-06-2011 11:17 AM

*Hugs Laura*

Just for everyones information , It's my Mum's Birthday and I am staying over tonight at my 'rents so may not be too active tonight . I'll try and get on though but we are going out to eat so it depends on timing and such .

youngatheart 09-06-2011 12:24 PM

Hi Mark! Hi everyone! Havent been around for ages, i hope everyone is good. Happy Birthday to your Mum, hope you all enjoy the meal!

dontwantyoutoknow 09-06-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty112 (Post 2843853)
Crimson, I'm sorry, I've never tried a mood diary... and I can't really just sit down and write how I feel either.

*hugs the rest of the wardies* Sorry, I'm kinda scattered tonight.

I'll be at my grandparents' (the ones that I don't live with) from tomorrow until either Saturday or Sunday, so I probably won't be online much after tomorrow afternoon (not that I post regularly anyway... and I'm sorry for that), but y'all will all be in my thoughts <3

I live with my grandparents too Felicia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonedApple (Post 2843591)
Anyone have experience with mood diaries? I have 2 different templates I've tried and one I look at the example and I just don't get how to do it and the other wants me to use it hourly and that just isn't feasible for me... Any ideas? And before you say it, just journaling what I feel like when doesn't quite work for me. I either don't get a chance to write it out or I sit to write down whats in my head and I blank out.
*hugs everyone*

Try using pictures or picture cards instead? Like, make or buy some emotion cards and choose how you feel then record it in a chart?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel21 (Post 2843575)
Hi am John one of Angel21 alters i am over 18, is it ok for me to post here ?

Am bored. How is everyone ?

Welcome John

I feel really rubbish. Don't want to be here any more. Hate me.

youngatheart 09-06-2011 01:06 PM

mj, so sorry you are feeling so down :( I have just sent you a pmxx

Laura2.0 09-06-2011 01:18 PM

*hugs mark* have fun with your family
*hugs youngatheart* I'm Laura
*cuddles MJ* I would miss you.

I'm thinking if it would be better to stop taking my meds.
My T said that I might be dizzy for the first 2-3 days. I started to take it a week ago today and I'm still dizzy all the time. What's the point of taking meds if I can't do the things that make me happy, because I'm dizzy all the time?

youngatheart 09-06-2011 01:27 PM

Hi Laura.. Im Sam ( female) :) maybe give your doctor a ring and say? I cant imagine it would be any fun being dizzy all the time!

Laura2.0 09-06-2011 01:31 PM

Nice to meet you Sam!

My T is on holiday till the 16th. And I don't have a regular GP. Well... the last few times I went to the same place, but they don't know anything about my MH problems

Louise 09-06-2011 01:50 PM

hugs everyone

YodaBearInterrupted 09-06-2011 03:41 PM

*hugs everyone*

Not doing too well today, meh

Doikers 09-06-2011 03:43 PM

*Hugs Sam*

*Hugs MJ* I don't hate you hun.

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Louise*

*Hugs Matthew*

youngatheart 09-06-2011 06:08 PM

*hugs* Mark

laura, Thats quite a long time to wait to see him if the tablets arent doing you any good. I really dont know what to suggest unless you phone a pharmacy or something. Its hard isnt it!

*hugs* Louise

*hugs* yodabearinterrupted.. sorry to hear you arent doing so well

misskitty112 09-06-2011 07:32 PM

*hugs ward*

I'm getting ready to leave soon, and the grandparents I live with just had to calm a panicky me. I'm quite sure this trip is gonna be an adventure.

Doikers 09-06-2011 08:46 PM

*Hugs Sam*

*Hugs Felicia*

It's my mums birthday, we went out , I ordered a Lime soda , My Dad practically insisted I taste his beer , and that was that , I had 2 660ml beers and I really screwed up , I hate myself , seriously. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow..........

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 08:53 PM

Mark, You didn't "really screw up". You had a slip up after you were provoked. Have you talked to your dad about trying to keep sober? If not, can you explain your situation to him?
Don't hate yourself, hun. We all back step some sometimes. *huggles* Tomorrow you do know what you'll do. You'll start again :)
*hugs all*

*goes and sits on ward bed to assemble thoughts*

Laura, is there another T at their office that you can consult on the side effects during their absence? It could have ill effects to just stop taking a med and I don't want anything to happen to you. *hugs*

Doikers 09-06-2011 09:06 PM

*Hugs Crimson* Thanks hun , I will start again , I will try my best , at the end of the day that's all I can do......

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 09:14 PM

It is all you can do and so far you have done very well. We're proud of you :)

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 09:20 PM

Ok, so since I fail at the mood diary idea... I was thinking of making an outline with bullet points for the issues I have and expanding on each topic under that. But now that I've begun that it's kinda... i dunno what a good word is for it. The list looks so long. :S

Doikers 09-06-2011 09:27 PM

I'm sorry Crimson I am useless at stuff like that *Humogous Hugs*

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 09:29 PM

I thought it would be a good way to go about it since I am a list type person... but I have 5 main issues and their sub catagories and it just makes me feel like it's way too much and they're gonna think I'm just outright crazy.
*hugs Mark back* Can I just sit with you for a bit?

Doikers 09-06-2011 09:36 PM

Yes of course Crimson , *Fluffs a pillow for you to sit against*

frenchhorn 09-06-2011 09:48 PM

*creeps back into ward* hi all *hugs*

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 09:50 PM

*hugs Oliver* Hi. How are you?

frenchhorn 09-06-2011 09:51 PM

Not good, really want to OD again, already done it twice in the last 4 days :(
how are you?

Doikers 09-06-2011 09:52 PM

*Hugs Oliver Massivley*

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 09:54 PM

*cuddles Oliver* I'm not great but I'm trying...
If you need you can sit here with Me n Mark... *offers a plushie and a fluffy pillow to sit on*

frenchhorn 09-06-2011 09:58 PM

*hugs Mark and Crimson*

thank you I will join you, its been a horrible few days. *grabs a pillow and a duvet*

Doikers 09-06-2011 10:11 PM

*Night TIme Hugs my Wardies*

frenchhorn 09-06-2011 10:24 PM

*hugs Mark* night

YodaBearInterrupted 09-06-2011 10:53 PM

*hugs Oliver tight*

Cazki 09-06-2011 10:55 PM

*Hugs Mark*

*Hugs MJ*

*Hugs Matt*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Sam*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Louise*

*Hugs Oliver* heya oliver, welcome back, im sorry your struggling :(

YodaBearInterrupted 09-06-2011 10:56 PM

*hugs Atlantica*

How are you doing?

Cazki 09-06-2011 10:59 PM

Hi Matt im ok thanks, i had a few bad days recently but im ok now. I'm Ian by the way. How are you?

YodaBearInterrupted 09-06-2011 11:02 PM

Hi Ian :)

Bouncing around... not having a great week and I feel like I am being forced to choose to do something I don't want to do

frenchhorn 09-06-2011 11:07 PM

*hugs Ian and Matt*

PoisonedApple 09-06-2011 11:09 PM

*hugs Ian and Matt and Oliver*
G'night Mark!

Cazki 10-06-2011 12:12 AM

*Gives Matt oliver and crimson another hug*

Its my 4th ryl anniversary soon! :hop: :hop:

dontwantyoutoknow 10-06-2011 01:07 AM

Laura - Thanks. *hug* Please keep taking your meds until you can speak to a doctor or therapist about stopping them. There may be a particular way you need to come off them and by coming off them with a bang you could make yourself very ill. Side effects often last a couple of weeks before they settle down, and it can also be a couple of weeks before you feel any beneficial effects from taking the meds. My advice would be to hang on as much as possible and give yourself a bit more time. Then if you still feel the same, come off them. Maybe it would be worth getting a regular doctor and discussing mental health with them? I don't know how it works there, but here, you can't get any where without a General Practioner, except therapy through charities, but you can't get meds at all or non-charity provided support, like psychs etc.

Mark - that was NOT your fault. It sounds like you were purposefully prodded into drinking that beer. It's ok to not be able to fight back more when you're struggling; it doesn't make you weak or a failure or useless or anything like that. Do you have another relative you can get to talk to your father about his behaviour? He's in the wrong here.

Felicia - we should talk more, we seem to have loads in common.

Crimson - a list with subcategories is FAB! Honestly it is - if you can organise things like that and divide things into categories, you are doing amazing! And it's not about what's "normal"; it's about what works for you. If you're still nervous let a friend/relative/RYLer read your list first.

Oliver - omg you're back!! Hi!! *squishes Oliver gently* Really hope you feel better soon. Please talk to us when you feel like ODing or post a thread in Serious and post a link to it here. We will get you through - there is always someone about.

Ian - I'm glad you've come out the other side of your few bad days. *hug*

Matt - Is the bouncing around in moods a regular thing for you? Could you maybe try mood stabilisers, if you haven't already? Moodscope is a good website for tracking fluctuations in moods.

I'm, yeah, still here. Doctors on Wednesday, then Friday and Sunday I am going to move into the ward and you'll have to chain me to a padded wall to keep me safe. :hazard:

PoisonedApple 10-06-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Crimson - a list with subcategories is FAB! Honestly it is - if you can organise things like that and divide things into categories, you are doing amazing! And it's not about what's "normal"; it's about what works for you. If you're still nervous let a friend/relative/RYLer read your list first.
Just don't wanna seem totally off my rocker, ya know? As far as someone reading it... I have just you guys. :S

Quote:

Matt - Is the bouncing around in moods a regular thing for you? Could you maybe try mood stabilisers, if you haven't already? Moodscope is a good website for tracking fluctuations in moods.
MJ is right, so long as you can be bothered to actually do it. I used it some then had low points where I couldn't be arsed to even try doing that. But it is a good one.
*hugs all* I'm off for the night

dontwantyoutoknow 10-06-2011 01:38 AM

Well I'm happy to read over anything any of you would like me to. Any time. Just PM me, and please label a triggering PM in the subject line. x

Laura2.0 10-06-2011 09:21 AM

*hugs all*
sorry for not doing individuals, I'm especially dizzy today. Just getting out of bed was a struggle, cause I didn't know where 'up' and 'down' was.

MJ, thanks for the reply. Here in Germany we don't need to go to a GP to get a psych or meds. And my Therapist is a GP, just not my GP. lol.
I think I'm going to take the meds till she's back (thursday in a week).
I read the info in the package and it said that the meds have to 'fade out' or something. If I take one every other day I should be fine, right? I'm not going to try that now though, cause I don't want to experiment with my meds when I have to take care of kids.
I have to take care of kids and teach them how to work with horses in the next 2 weeks.

Doikers 10-06-2011 10:12 AM

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Matthew*

*Hugs Ian*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs MJ* EPIC post:)

*Hugs Laura*

youngatheart 10-06-2011 12:30 PM

*hugs* to everyone, how are you today?

YodaBearInterrupted 10-06-2011 04:43 PM

*hugs all*

Not feeling well today :(