RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 13-10-2010 09:19 PM

I'm really having a rough evening. Poorly and mum is stressing at me over nothing. At least I got my money back, I guess :/

shadowedsoul 13-10-2010 09:32 PM

cuddles all, can someone please make tomorrow go away. curls up and hides

risenfromperdition 13-10-2010 09:42 PM

blah... 72 on exam for psych =\ its freaking intro... regardless of studying or not thats pathetic [and i know your system is weird but 72/100, soooo like a c- :/] needed an a =s

risenfromperdition 13-10-2010 09:43 PM

good luck re group tomorrow mark :)

FlyingNy 13-10-2010 09:44 PM

72/100 is a C? It'd be about a B here. Sorry about that though. Can you retake?

Hugs Jill- What's going on tomorrow horney? << I am perfectly aware that that reads 'horney' it was a typo, but I thought I'd leave it in for the lol factor.

*Hugs Sarah* Hope you're alright.

risenfromperdition 13-10-2010 09:48 PM

nope cant retake =\ annoyingly. just hoping get a on everything else... no pressure >.>

nicole94 13-10-2010 09:56 PM

*huggles everyone*

FlyingNy 13-10-2010 10:02 PM

Hey Nicole, how are you?

Well fingers crossed Heather :) I had a psych exam today, but it wasn't horribly important. The important one's in January.

shadowedsoul 13-10-2010 10:05 PM

cuddles lia back. erm more bullshit more stress, more shouting. made to look like a stuiped muppet. dont wanna do tomorrow. curls up shaking, sorry
can i do somthing stuiped and not face tomorrow please. sorry bad question just how i feel

nicole94 13-10-2010 10:06 PM

*hugs lia* i...don't know. :/ a minuit ago i was fine, and then some stupid thoughts came into my head and now i'm triggerd :(
how're you?

SparkleKitten 13-10-2010 10:12 PM

*cuddles Heather* Aww, fingers crossed :)

*cuddles Nicole* how you doing?

*cuddles Jill* Hope tomorrow goes well for you

*squishes Lia* had a few rows with mum today over petty things, she's being mean to me over nothing. At least I got my money back eh? Not really overly okay, really stressed and edgy. :(

nicole94 13-10-2010 10:24 PM

*hugs sarah* i'm thinking i should go to bed!
*hugs helen cause i spies her.*

FlyingNy 13-10-2010 10:45 PM

*Hugs everyone* I'm sorry everyone's moods seem to have crashed, but you're all strong enough to overcome these urges :)

shadowedsoul 13-10-2010 10:55 PM

curls up and hides, im so confused and worried right now. damn it why im i so stuiped

FlyingNy 13-10-2010 11:24 PM

*Hugs Jill tightly*

shadowedsoul 13-10-2010 11:35 PM

clings to lia. not kidding tho, why im i so stuiped. what the hell made me think that was going to be safe. fu$ksake im a muppet.

Kahlia1981 14-10-2010 08:02 AM

*hugs all*

Just sharing the news from my GP visit - though I know most of you would probably be asleep or busy ...

Blood test results came back fairly good. A few oddities ...
The following content has been hidden - Reason : Talking about GP visit
My TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was borderline to hypothyroidism by the T3 & T4 levels were good. The majority of my other tests were right on target but there were a couple that said that my body is not excreting fluid properly for some unknown reason. Upshot of all of that is that I have secondary Raynaud's phenomenon/syndrome. Not something I really wanted to hear because in reality there is no treatment and nothing I can do to stop it. The GP even took my BP which was quite high and now is expecting me to drop dead of hypertension though I tried to explain to him I was extremely stressed which would have raised my BP quite a bit and he was failing to realise how much that would have had to be taken into account in my place. Especially as he had basically just told me that I have this syndrome that means that for the rest of my life I'm going to have blue hands and feet everytime I get cold!! Thankfully he is just going to monitor it for a bit to work out what to do - the BP I mean.

Chest infection/cold situation didn't even get a look in even though I mentioned that I'm not sleeping because I'm spending so much damn time coughing etc. Oh well, perhaps when I see him next week we'll see if I'm able to breathe or whether I'm still barely functioning.

Shoulder situation was brought up and I'm trialling pain patches. I have my doubts as to whether they will stick as they are clear... Generally when they go for aesthetics (prettiness) they lose functionality - they just plain don't stick, and if they don't stick, you don't get the transfer of the drug into your bloodstream so there isn't a point. That's why the majority of nicotene-replacement patches don't work.
Sorry for talking about myself so much. I've chucked it behind a "hide" so you don't have to read it unless you want to. I know that the VPW screen real estate is a valuable thing and I don't want to waste your time with unimportant crap.

Hugs to all and I hope you are doing better than me. <3

shadowedsoul 14-10-2010 09:21 AM

damn it why couldnt i just have stop crying, putting way to much stress on my mum and dad. and they so dont need it right now fu%k.great im hurting people around me with my crap. damn it why couldnt i just keep it together, even if seen the doctor today is the best idea, im so scared right now. curls up and hhides

Doikers 14-10-2010 10:41 AM

*Hugs Kahlia* I'm sorry you have secondary Raynauds Phenonenom/syndrome, How will it affect you? I'm sorry if thats a stupid question , I hope your BP comes down soon and you get less stressed .

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Lia* Horney , lol Thankyou for making me smile .

*Hugs Heather* THankyou for the good luck :)

*Hugs Sarah*

*Hugs Jill*Good luck with the Dr today.

Well look at me out of bed before 11pm , still tired but I forced myself up , I want to be awake for my group later , Really really anxious about it :S

Doikers 14-10-2010 12:23 PM

I've taken a Diazepam just to get it into my system , I'm numb BUT anxious about group later , I'll take another Diaz later if I feel no better but I have to eat something soon and am worried that the food will stop the meds working. I am all alone on the ward this morning I hope everyone is okay.

wolfos3d 14-10-2010 12:40 PM

Hey everyone. I haven't been here in a while. Hope you are all doing alright.

Doikers 14-10-2010 12:56 PM

Hey Jessica!!!!!!!!! *Hugs* How have you been?

wolfos3d 14-10-2010 01:04 PM

I've been okay. I haven't SI'd in quite some time. I'm getting bad urges to though. It's hard to resist, I have to try though. I lost a friend to suicide a week ago and I've been struggling a fair bit since.

How are you doing Mark? *huggles*

Doikers 14-10-2010 01:15 PM

Oh Jessica I'm so sorry to hear about your friend *Hugs*
It's good that you haven't S.I.'d in a while and I know how the urges get but you can fight through these urges and come out the other side stronger .

I'm anxious about my Groups to grow for psycho-social intervention group at 2 pm It's the second one of twelve the first was intense for me and it was just the getting to know each other bit they said it gets intense from this session , erp:S Sorry that sounded self involved .

wolfos3d 14-10-2010 01:20 PM

Eep. That does not sound fun. :( *hugs* Good luck. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think it will.

I will try my best to fight through. I have an appointment with my doctor next week for the first time in two months and it would be really bad for me give in at this point.

Doikers 14-10-2010 01:22 PM

Thankyou Jess :)
You can get to your Dr's apointment next week, You can make it . Good luck with your Dr's appointment , I know they can be nerve wracking *Hugs*

wolfos3d 14-10-2010 01:25 PM

Thanks. I better get to bed. I have class first thing in the morning. I'll drop in again when I can. *hug*

Doikers 14-10-2010 01:30 PM

Sleep well :)

shadowedsoul 14-10-2010 03:01 PM

curls up, im shaking so much right now

SparkleKitten 14-10-2010 04:19 PM

*cuddles all* I SI'd last night :(

In uni now, feeling so poorly, my abdomen is so tense and sore. Grr.

And I'm tired, only got 3 hours sleep

I hope you're all okay x

frenchhorn 14-10-2010 04:30 PM

hi.
I'm sorry I've not been in for ages, depression has gone really bad and stuff. I'm doing bad, already missed so much uni.
*hugs all* and promise I will try be in here a bit more.

marshki 14-10-2010 04:54 PM

Hugs to all,
rubbish day at school. really freaked out a teacher with madness

PoisonedApple 14-10-2010 04:59 PM

*hugs everyone*
*tackles jess and oliver as I haven't seen them in ages*

I didn't realize how much my ocd-ness impacts my depression level until i managed to get my desk totally cleared off (only to cover it in boxes of files again)... I established that no matter what, at the end of the day my desk needs to be clean and organized so when I come in in the mornings it doesn't make me feel lethargic, guilty and depressed. How pathetic is it that the state of my desk has that big of an impact on me? *shakes head*
I've almost got all my work caught up (though I didn't participate in planning bosses day nor will I be helping put it on today ~guilt pangs but I'll get over it, they prefer my office to be functional to me throwing them a party with the rest of the staff anyhow~) I figure by this time next week I'll have everything set and start sending out more old crap to archives. *nods*
I had more to update on (as I don't usually fill people in but I'm feeling capable today) but I have to go cover the front desk so maybe more to come later...

nicole94 14-10-2010 05:02 PM

*huggles everyone*
i think whoever invented playdough should get a medal <3

Doikers 14-10-2010 05:06 PM

*Hugs Sarah*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Huge Hugs for Oliver as I haven't chatted for a while*

*Hugs Marshki*

*Hugs Jill*

My "Group for Psycho-social interventions" was VERY VERY intense and nerve wracking , some more confident people in the group did most of the talking and I just say in my seat and hoped that I woulden't have to speak in front of people , I DON'T do groups and there was 15 of us and 2 staff , In the halftime break I even had to hide in the toilet and take a 3rd Diaz of the day :( I was seriously considering going into the toilet and cutting with my "emergency tool" :S Sorry

MammaMia 14-10-2010 05:07 PM

*hugs everyone lots*

Crimson, that's not pathetic sweetheart. I think it helps anyone to come into work with a clean desk and stuffs. Let alone those who have OCD and that. It's not pathetic, I promise you *cuddles*

Nicole, I quite agree, it's amazing stuff.

Jill, why you shaking? *hugs*

Oliver, I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now. *offers hugs*

Mark, hope your group went/is going okay and not too intense for you *hugs* EDIT: I'm sorry it was so intense Mark :( *hugs again*

Kahlia, sorry to hear about that *cuddles lots*

Sarah, I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

I miss April :( Hope her training is going well.

nicole94 14-10-2010 05:11 PM

*hugs helen* i know, it saved me from a major panick attack today (i used to use stress balls but i kept popping them so now i use playdough as a substitute, so much better!) but i was in a lesson and one of the girls was like 'do you guys smell playdough?' so i had to fess up and tell them about my panick attacks :(

PoisonedApple 14-10-2010 05:45 PM

*cuddles Helen back*
*hugs Mark and Nicole*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO playdough. *Sits with Nicole and starts making playdough animals and flowers for everyone.*

Strawberry tea anyone? It's quite cold here lately... No snow but frigid enough I may start wearing my snow pants to work anyway. A warm cocoa or some tea does wonders though :)

shadowedsoul 14-10-2010 05:49 PM

cuddles all. erm okay why im i shaking, went to the dr today. erm told him how i felt. have now got a note saying im fit for work, but need to taken away from jobs that stress me out, like the customer service desk. im so scared about tomorrow now, when i have to hand this to my manger, dont really think it will make a blind bit of diffrence. just make this ten times worse, as they are a pack of assholes. would have been better being signed off, so i could clear my head. fml i really want to hide and not go in tomorrow. sorry being pathetic.

Doikers 14-10-2010 06:06 PM

*Hugs Crimson* Playdough doodles. :)

*Hugs Jill* Good luck tomorrow with your manager .

shadowedsoul 14-10-2010 06:20 PM

thanks mark,great now my freind pissed at me, because she had to go on the desk. fu$k just shoot me now. danm it damn it
all this is going to do is piss people off.

one_step_closer 14-10-2010 07:30 PM

I spoke to the voluntary crisis team about feeling like I am going to overdose and they came out to see me but didn't know what to do so told me to phone NHS 24. They have arranged for me to see an out of hours GP at 8.40pm tonight but I don't really want to go. They won't be able to help and it's innevitable that I will overdose, I should just get on with it. I don't know if i'll be able to hold off until then.

Doikers 14-10-2010 07:57 PM

Lindsay , you Should NOT "just get on with it" Please try and hold off and speak to the GP I'm sorry I was not here when you posted , I'm here now if talking to me will help you to put off ODing , It's NOT inevitable you can get through this Lindsay you DON't have to OD , Could you listen to music , or just watch some mindless T.V. to divert your attention ?

The One Who 14-10-2010 08:00 PM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 14-10-2010 08:03 PM

Hugs Claire , How are you?

The One Who 14-10-2010 08:06 PM

I'm not good, to be honest. How are you?

Doikers 14-10-2010 08:09 PM

Drained , Freaked out , numb hmmmm thats me :S

Why are you not good claire? I'm willing to listen even if my advice is crap heh

risenfromperdition 14-10-2010 08:09 PM

*hugs everyone* <3

risenfromperdition 14-10-2010 08:10 PM

*sits with mark* here if wanna talk :)

The One Who 14-10-2010 08:11 PM

How come, Mark?

I'm just feeling ****. Just everything really. Life is pretty pointless.

Hi Heather *hugs*