RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

zowie 08-07-2009 09:18 PM

*Hugs Seraph back* Thank you. Do you mean a bad day, sweetie? Like you said to me, I know you'll cope :)

*Hugs Cheryl* How did the DBT go?

Hi Damaged *waves* Welcome to the ward, hope we can help you feel better.

*Hugs Kat* I know how it feels when the depression actually hurts, but you've got to keep it together. Try to focus on the compliments you've been getting, try to let them cheer you up.

Edit: *Hugs Hannah* (You posted as I was typing) - I think you did well today. You got some things done which is an achievement. Well done for going ten weeks - I know how it feels when you feel like you need to go back to it, or that it will come back to you in a huge explosion. But it gets easier as time goes by. Yes, slip ups are possible. But that's all they are, slip ups. Keep it up chick!

---

Talked to my care co ordinator. She's going to arrange a meds review. (Which, knowing the CMHT, will be bloody ages from now). She also said after I've come off the meds and been okay without them for a while they'll be able to discharge me since I'm so much better.
Mixed feelings about that. I don't really feel they help when things go wrong, but it's nice to have a safety net.

MammaMia 08-07-2009 10:19 PM

In such a baaaaaaaaad mood and I'm SO ill :(

realflifefaerie 08-07-2009 10:29 PM

I'm trying to pop in, I've just sat down for a rest for the first time today.
I'm now really unwell and have to go on a trip this weekend.

*hugs for all*

zowie 08-07-2009 10:33 PM

Awww. *Hands out pillows and hot drinks to Helen and Secrets* Feel better soon lovies xx

Auburn Shadow 09-07-2009 01:29 AM

Can't sleep. Don't particularly care right now. Fed up of people, I just want to hide from the world somehow, but I know it can't happen because I've got friends coming to visit tomorrow.
Fiance's being no help. He just complains that he's in pain, and apparently all I am is a bitch. So there we go.

So triggered for the first time in months, and I just don't know what to do right now.

zowie 09-07-2009 02:27 AM

*Hugs Hana* Are you looking forward to having friends over tomorrow? If you are, focus on that - It's a positive thing. When I was living with my bf he had so many reasons to bitch at me, but the fact that he bitched didn't necisarely mean that the things he said were true. The same goes for you. You're not a bitch, it just takes a lot of work to be that close to someone, and you are going to have disagreements.
How long have you been without acting on the triggers? Any ammount of time longer than the usual time between doing something is a big achievement. And if you slip up, it's just a slip up.
I'm online for a while if you need to talk xxx

Auburn Shadow 09-07-2009 02:56 AM

Thanks, zowie. Am looking forward to them coming tomorrow, trying to focus on it, but with everything else going on, it's proving to be a little bit too hard. It's been at least a month without triggers, and I'm not going to let myself slip up over this, but, I don't know, everything just kind of hit me tonight in a big way.

zowie 09-07-2009 03:00 AM

Well done for going a month without triggers! That's a huge achievment - Honestly.
I know what it's like when it all hits you. And I must admit, I've been weak and slipped up. But you're being so strong. Just remind yourself how strong you are, and how you can get through this.
xx

~Kaytee~ 09-07-2009 03:46 AM

I'm sorry I haven't been here.. I'm still sick =[ and I go home tomorrow.. blaaaah. Give me a few days and I'll be back full force =] Think I might go and have a sleep now.

zowie 09-07-2009 04:25 AM

Sleep well Katie xxx

wildly insane 09-07-2009 10:13 AM

*hugs Katie, Secrets and Helen* hope you all feel better soon.

*hugs Hana* I hope you have a lovely time with your friends, a month without triggers is fantastic, you can get through this, stay strong.

thanks Arwen *hugs back* I know what you mean about the safety net, but when the time comes I'm sure you'll be fine until that time, don't worry about it :) hope your week is going okay.

*hugs everyone, take care of yoursleves*

I have a haircut today...

~Kaytee~ 09-07-2009 11:00 AM

Thanks Arwen and Hannah. Had a good sleep. Less then 12 hrs and I'll be on my way 'home'. *cries*

Been thinking about what I want to do. I'm clearly not happy at uni, hate being there, hate where I live, hate what I study. I'm thinking of sticking it out for one more semester and then possible moving back with my family for awhile. Maybe. I don't know. I don't know what to do =[

~Kaytee~ 09-07-2009 11:00 AM

Enjoy the haircut hannah =]

Jetforce 09-07-2009 01:21 PM

*drops in for a bit*

hey guys! i hope ur keeping okies there! xx

[Fog] 09-07-2009 01:28 PM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around for a while. *Big hugs and loves for the last week or so!*

I met my new psych last week and he's actually really great. The problem is that I have so many different problems they need to work out the best treatment for me and what is priority.

My good news is that I am finally starting to conquer my anorexia. It's been getting very dangerous, collapsing and having heart scans and bone scans, I have the oestrogen levels of a pre-pubescent, I can't sit down comfortably any more because of the bones... And at the weekend something just switched and now I'm eating again! It's so amazing!! I do need some serious psychological help for the transition, because I'm not eating like a normal person, I kind of feel the need to hide it and stuff, and I'm gonna really really struggle when I gain weight arrrrghhh... But it's massive progress.

Otherwise things have been going ok, trying to get my stupid essays done, applying for jobs, etc etc.

Hope everyone is doing ok, lots of loves xxx

Ps. BigBear just seen your post... Feel free to PM me if you want because I had the exact same struggle. I've now moved back to my parents' and I'm going to finish my degree with the Open University. So if you wanna talk through it all and options and stuff then feel free :-)

shadowedseraph 09-07-2009 03:46 PM

*hugs zowie* thank you sweetie, we can both get through the bad days i know it, even if its hard!

*hugs wildly insane* how did the haircut go?

*hugs bigbear* you've got to do whats best for you honey

*hugs banana* wow your psyche sounds excellent :) and double wow and a million hugs on the anorexia conquering :) you can do it! loads of love xx

-----

I'm struggling today but i'm determined to get through it

zowie 09-07-2009 07:30 PM

I slept through most of the day. But that's stopped me from smoking too much, which is good. x

PapaBear 09-07-2009 09:56 PM

Hi everyone, been away for a few days, sleeping. I think i got up twice in the last 48 hours, and that was just to go pee and refill my water bottle.

I feel far better than I did before the sleep, a lot more calm and content as opposed to intensely manic.

*hugs to everyone* not going to curl up in my usual spot today, too much i want to do before i head to work!

Strawberry.Bananas 09-07-2009 11:21 PM

I can't cope, guys. I can't.

Strawberry.Bananas 09-07-2009 11:26 PM

Please, is anybody around?