RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 13-07-2010 02:49 PM

Why you confused about it darling? *cuddles Nicole*

nicole94 13-07-2010 02:53 PM

because before, i hated my dad, i loved my mum, but at the same time hated the way she treats me, hated my sister, and ****ing loved my cousin, now my mums treating me nice, my sisters still being a bitch, my dad is trying to be nice, and my cousin ****ing hates me! and im confused, about my mum and dad, my cousin-i know why she hates me, my sister is a bully anyways, but my mum-she may just be being nice cause my sisters not here. and my dad?! i THINK hes just trying to mess my head up again-and its working :(

MammaMia 13-07-2010 02:57 PM

Wow :/ That is confusing. Wish I had some useful advice but I don't. I'm sorry *cudles*

nicole94 13-07-2010 03:01 PM

thats okay *cuddles*. i also found this online while researching running away-
A very small number of 16 or 17 year olds will not get housing and support from social services. If you are in this situation then you are automatically in priority need. This is only likely to be the case if you:
  • had been living independently for some time before you became homeless, or
  • do not accept an offer of accommodation because you do not want to be 'looked after' by social services.
Even if the housing department does decide that you are in priority need, they may still want to check whether you could go back home to live with your parents or carers - eg by arranging mediation to help you resolve any problems. But they can't force you to go back, especially if your parents or carers have been violent or abusive in the past. If you don't want the council to contact your parents or carers, you can ask them not to.

does that mean if i run away, i will be able to get help from the council if i refuse it from social services and then i wont be forced to go home again??

Doikers 13-07-2010 03:22 PM

*Hugs April*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Taz*

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Lia*

*Group Hugs*

nicole94 13-07-2010 03:25 PM

*hugs mark* you okay?

I'mJustMe 13-07-2010 03:36 PM

Nicole-Hmm...really? As we're 16, if we didn't want to be at home, we could get support from the council? I could run away? Yes, I take it that does mean you would get support. Or you could go to a refuge or something. Is there any reletives you could stay with? I asked that on the other post but haven't been back there yet. I'll look now in case you've replied.

Hey Mark- You alright?

xx

nicole94 13-07-2010 03:42 PM

i think so, if were 16 and we run away, if we go to the council they will pass us on to social services, and if we refuse that then they have to help us! i feel like ive seen the light! and noi havent :( stupid family.

nicole94 13-07-2010 03:52 PM

i feel ****ing AMAZING! i have just spoken to childline about my plans on running away and i have their support completley! they said that im 16 and if i feel its best to leave home then they will support me! :D im happy!

MammaMia 13-07-2010 03:55 PM

How they going to support you? :D

nicole94 13-07-2010 03:58 PM

im not sure yet, theres still a lot to work out, but ive made a start! i feel so good! :D

shadowedsoul 13-07-2010 04:24 PM

Hey taz35, yeah it's jill hmm how iam, hmm pass. How are you today?

Scarletdreamer 13-07-2010 04:57 PM

*hides in a corner & cries*

Doikers 13-07-2010 05:18 PM

*Hugs April* I'm sorry I had to dash on you on Facebook earlier , I wasn't expecting company , sorry :S

PoisonedApple 13-07-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

To everybody who asked - Things are going... not well, but not horrible. They're bearable for the moment. My counselor has phoned my parents in for our appointment on Wednesday, and I'm definitely anxious about that. The only other time he had one of them there was after my suicide attempt...

*hugs Crimson* Congrats on the essays! :) I always have to fight with myself to get any done. Crystal Light really does rock. I'm partial to pink lemonade though :P

*hugs Lia* I'd notice. At least now that I'm aware of your presence (if we haven't previously met, hi :) I'm Taz). I can get the sense of how you're feeling, especially about the wanting to run away and escape life. If only it were really that easy...

*hugs Oliver* I love getting into conversations in public that only serve to confuse people. And besides, people shouldn't be eavesdropping in the first place. Nor should it affect them in the slightest.
*hugs* hope the appointment isn't too awkward. If I may ask why are your parents going to be in this time?

Thank you. and yes, yes it does rock.

Lia~ we here would notice and miss you. All of us would.

Speaking of public eavesdropping... why is it when I look away from people speaking in sign language (my ASL is a bit rusty but I pick bits and pieces up none the less so I feel like if I look at them while they're talking I'm eavesdropping) people look at me like I'm doing something wrong?

Quote:

Morning ward mates,
I'm sorry for the lack of individual replies it's just I'm feeling numb, numb and Low ( note the capital L ) , you would think they would cancel each other out but not today it seems.

I Hate being lonely too guys, and I'm so sick of it , I don't have many friends IRL , ( Only 1 that I see regulary ) , we met about a year ago , in hospital , Man was that a whole year ago !!!?

*Group hugs*
the numb and low don't cancel each other out for me just make me apathetic...
And I'm in the same boat friend wise...one person IRL that isn't my family... that's ok though I find better friends here :D

Quote:

I'm... I don't know. The reality of Jarrod potentially getting in the army and me having to "survive" up to year-long deployments, and the changes that will take place between him being there & him being gone... that really hit me hard last night. I still want him to go for it... but I am scared. I guess that's typical, but I don't know. :-S I don't have anyone to compare to.
Another thing you may want to look into is the spousal support groups... They get together and support and distract each other while their spouses are deployed. And plan the welcome home parties :)

Quote:

and es ist sehr gut
learning German or are German? Sorry you don't have to answer just curious...

*huggles to all and plushies and care packs left on the table with cookies*

PoisonedApple 13-07-2010 05:46 PM

taz- ignore my ? on the appointment... I posted at the bottom of one page and you had answered at the next page... :)

PoisonedApple 13-07-2010 05:46 PM

*cuddles april* You doing okay (dumb question I know....)?

SoMuchMore 13-07-2010 05:49 PM

*hugs nicole* i'm glad that you called childline and that they were helpful.

*hugs lia* how r you feeling today?

*hugs april* I think it is definitely normal to feel apprehensive/worried about jarrod in the army. How else are you hun? Don't hide in the corner and cry, you can talk to us you know.

*hugs taz* try not to lie.. i know it can be hard especially when trying to make your parents think you are okay. I've thought about the whole, "teenage problems" before thing too. I even wrote this whole poem out once that was called "i'm getting to old for this." So you are definitely not alone in your struggles with that.

*hugs amy* hope that you managed to not scratch those spider bites. They can be so itchy i know, but it really just makes them worse to scratch

*hugs jill* how r u doing?

*hugs helen* i'm sorry that you've been thinking so much about suicide, that can really bring down your day :-/ Hope you are okay right now hun.

*hugs mark* sorry that you are still feeling so low. I wish there was something i could say to help counteract those feelings. Was your walk helpful this morning?

*hugs heather* hope you managed to get some sleep.

I spy crimson! *hugs* How r u today?

I'm really lacking motivation to do anymore of my online class. I took a few days off while I was at home and now I just want to quit it, especially since its not actually required for anything other than my own benefit. O well, i'm sure once i actually get myself to work on it it'll be okay again.

Other than that, feeling a little strange. Don't really know how to explain, but its like I think something is going to happen. Probably just another shift in MH issues. That's what it usually means when i feel like this. So pretty much just moving in the normal invisible circles that I always do. I'm very much so over all of this. And starting to get angry so i'll shut up now.

MammaMia 13-07-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallinstar0317 (Post 2399923)
*hugs helen* i'm sorry that you've been thinking so much about suicide, that can really bring down your day :-/ Hope you are okay right now hun.

*hugs Laura* It can bleh. I'm not okay but hey. Sorry you're not doing so well. Hope you can find the motivation again soon *cuddles tight*

Scarletdreamer 13-07-2010 06:23 PM

I am not doing well. I don't know how to explain it. Just numb/low/apathetic, like Crimson & Mark. I don't know.

I just cried some more. I feel awful. I can't get away from the feelings either, and my bestie is coming in 40 minutes... and I really am going to try & hold it together for her but I'm scared that I'm going to start crying whilst she's here.

It's okay that you had to go, Mark, no worries. I love chatting with you though. :) How was the visit with your dad? and how are you doing now?? *hugs*

I'm sorry no other individual replies, am not ignoring any of you, I promise, just am feeling like utter ****. :'(