RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:15 AM

You can do it daddy... I know you can!!! :yeah:

*welcomes Mango to the Ward*

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:19 AM

*pounces her daddy* don't be silly... I will never turn away in disgust

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:25 AM

me likes hugs :-)

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:33 AM

no daddy... no *holds your hand tight*

blondiebear 29-07-2008 03:35 AM

I turn away from a mirror when i see my gut.

sigh

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:36 AM

*hugs Susan*

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:40 AM

how are you tonight Susan?

blondiebear 29-07-2008 03:44 AM

*hugs Amanda and Jeff*

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 03:47 AM

what was i supposed to email you about Susan? I forget...
I just remember seeing you asking me to email you

~*forever_broken*~ 29-07-2008 04:03 AM

*cuddles Jeff, Susan, Amanda & Jess tight*

Hello there Mango *waves* sounds like you're pretty hurt by your old therapists reaction. I would like to let you know (BA in psych here) that if a therapist feels they can not help and/or deal with a client due to some personal beliefs (they don't feel comfortable for personal moral reasons to treat a child rapest, or they were abused as a child and so would not be able to avoide counter transferencr) or they are not qualified to deal with some issues or use a certain technique that might benefit the client then they have a moral duty to find that client someone who is better able to help them. I don't know what she said, how she reacted... Certainly it sounds like she could have behaved a bit better. And I am very sorry you had become attached, that can't have been easy (I've only got two sessions left with the counselor I've had for almost a year and it's not easy thinking about that relationship ending)... I guess, to just stop myself from boring you to tears, I just wanted to let you know that it is probably nothing personal sweetie, and not a reflection on you *hugs*.
Feel free to avoid the crazy girl who lectures the first time she talks to you *rolls eyes at self* I'm a bit out of it today, sorry... I'm not usually this bad... I still throw stuff out there but not this badly... And now I'm going to shut the hell up and go back to my corner. Really, welcome.

*retreats to her corner and resumes staring vacantly at the wall*

blondiebear 29-07-2008 04:04 AM

about the stuff for the prayer shawls. if you pay for yarn and shipping, i'll make one or two up for you.

I have a back ache, don't know why. Confused about life. happy about sewing.

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 04:37 AM

*carefully and gently massages Susan's back*

blondiebear 29-07-2008 04:43 AM

thank you. i need to start exercising. even it is just to walk down to the city park and kinda hang from the kids "monkey bars" for a few minutes.
but I worry about worrying the parents since I'm 42 and don't have kids myself.
and im too lazy. never mind that i have just one month to get into shape for our mountain trip in september.
Sigh

BoundNoMore 29-07-2008 04:45 AM

WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK?! You shouldn't...

blondiebear 29-07-2008 04:56 AM

I don't want parents to feel that a strange adult is a threat to their children.
Even when I'm sewing for a child, i have their parent take their measurements. Or when I taught a sewing class, i had the girls measure each other.

It isn't what the adults think of me stretching from the monkey bars. Not at all.

Casper_Fading 29-07-2008 06:07 AM

do it when school is in?

Jetforce 29-07-2008 06:57 AM

Sorry haven't been around lately

Hope everyone is okies there xxx

*cuddles ppl in the psych ward*

blondiebear 29-07-2008 06:58 AM

We're on summer break up here, till early september.

I'm just careful about it, don't approach the kids if they are there. wait till they are away from that section. Then when I put my hands on the highest bar i can reach on tip-toe the parents understand or accept. Please pardon my paranoia. But since i'm also childless, i try to be super careful.

Some times here I'll just put my fingers over the frame over the doorway. not as good but helps.

g'night.

blue_cloud 29-07-2008 11:01 AM

morning all i am sore today :(
*goes and cuddles up in corner with blanket and pillows*

zowie 29-07-2008 12:11 PM

My sister wants to look through the box of memories I have of my mum. Don't think I'm in the right place to be doing that, feel really unsafe.