RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SoMuchMore 24-10-2010 06:54 PM

*hugs kahlia* glad that you are feeling a bit better. I hope that the pneumonia symptoms get better soon.

*hugs nicole* sounds like you had a good time at the party. Sorry about the hangover. I had one too this morning when I finally woke up lol. Price you pay for having some fun I suppose. Hope you are okay otherwise.

*hugs lia* how r u?

*hugs helen* im sorry you arent feel well right now. I'm glad that you are hanging in there though. Here if you need/want to talk at all.

*hugs kat* Its good to see you but whats wrong hun?

*hugs sarah* oo that rash sounds annoying. Hope that it clears up soon.

*hugs RYUU* I hope that you were able to distract yourself from the voices.

*hugs lindsay* why are you hating the Prince's Trust course? I'm sorry you are feeling lonely. I hope that you had a good visit with your brother.

*hugs felicia* Hope that the church dinner is nice. Glad that you are looking forward to next weeks services. It sounds like it will be nice. I'm getting tired of uni work too. I could really use a break heh.

So... last night was fun for awhile, but then it turned when one of my friends just started sobbing and telling me all this stuff about her wanting to die and how she is going to a therapist and how she feels like everyone puts others before her and she is lowest on the totem pole. Its fine that she wants to talk to me.... but I have a feeling she wants me to save her, and i can't. I've been down this road before. I've tried to save people and it never works... I dunno if that is because I am failing when trying or because in the end there isnt anything I can do. She is seeing a therapist, as i said, but, she wants to talk to me and wants my advice... and i'm trying, i really am... and this maybe selfish, but i'm struggling too... and nobody in real life knows.

FlyingNy 24-10-2010 07:07 PM

Laura, I totally know how you feel. I have a friend who's just the same, anything I say in comfort just seems to bounce off and nothing I do it any help, it's dragging me down and no one else has a clue about her and I just feel that if she did do anything it would be all my fault because I'm the only one that knows enough to stop her. Phew, that all came rushing out, Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone, and I do know how you feel. But you're not responsible for her. She has her therapist, and you don't have to feel guilty. You're only one person and untrained. There's only so much you can do. *Hugs*

That was a fun family meal. I got called an idiot, a bitch, attention seeking and fat and got told I eat like a ****. All in the space of about half an hour. Don't you just love families?

Doikers 24-10-2010 07:13 PM

*Hugs Lia*I'm sorry you got called horrid names :(

*Hugs Laura* Oi! wheres my hug ? :P hehe

SparkleKitten 24-10-2010 07:17 PM

Getting nagged at on two sides. Mum is telling me to stay off uni and go to the Dr's tomorrow to get it checked but my fiance is saying I'm only using it as an excuse for a day off uni and I either go to the emergency gp tonight or I should go in uni tomorrow, and won't believe I'm genuinely worried about it being contageous to people I don't know, such as the people on the bus, lecturers etc. Ugh.

Doikers 24-10-2010 07:24 PM

Hmmm Could you get a Dr's appointment in your lunch hour or after Uni? I think your health is the most important, you can always catch on a days lecture notes afterwards can't you ?

nicole94 24-10-2010 07:29 PM

*hugs everyone* sorry so many of you are feeling unwell/not having a very good time, and i'm sorry that i don't have many words right now, but i am thinking of all of you. x

FlyingNy 24-10-2010 07:29 PM

Sarah, is your fiance always like this? I've only heard a couple of stories about him, but another one I remember is him not understanding in the slightest about your aversion to physical contact. *Hugs*

SparkleKitten 24-10-2010 07:33 PM

*hugs Mark* yeah I'm getting the work emailed to me. Its no problem.

*cuddles Nicole* thanks :)

*cuddles Lia* no, its just the odd occasion, just more so recently. I think its all the stress of last year of uni and me being mentally unstable. Normally he's lovely but if I'm off or really down things get a bit...like this. He doesn't cope with it well

nicole94 24-10-2010 07:38 PM

*cuddles sarah* :)
anyone wanna come stay at mine tonight? my brother and sister are both having sleepovers and i feel lonley :(

SoMuchMore 24-10-2010 07:41 PM

*hugs mark* o no! I'm so so so sorry. I didnt mean to forget you in my hug list. I'm so worked up right now about the thing i was ranting about in my last post... i know thats a bad excuse, but its the truth. I'm sorry again. How r u doing?

*hugs lia* im sorry your family called your bad names. You don't deserve that at all. Also, I'm sorry that you can understand the situation im in since it can be quite horrible to deal with. I know there is only so much i can do. I learned that the hard way a few years ago, but its still upsetting :-/

*hugs nicole* sorry you are feeling lonely. *teleports across the ocean to keep you company* lol

*hugs sarah* hmm.. i agree with mark. you're health has to be the most important thing. i'm sorry your getting nagged from both sides, i'm sure that makes decision making really hard. I think that you should go to the doctors and get it checked out though, especially since it really is concerning you. You can catch up with the uni work if you really need to.

misskitty112 24-10-2010 07:42 PM

Nicole, if I could I would totally come over.
Oh, and Laura, I meant to say sorry about your friend. I have a friend like that and it sucks.

is going back to uni optional? I don't think my brain can handle it.

FlyingNy 24-10-2010 07:42 PM

We can have a sleepover here Nicole :) I'm in, I stay up til stupid o'clock anyway.

I'm glad he's usually Ok Sarah, I wasn't trying to insult anyone, just saying he doesn't come across as very understanding or supportive. As long as you're ok though :)

nicole94 24-10-2010 07:45 PM

*hugs lia* aaw, i wish! my mum takes the laptop off me after a certain amount of time :/ lol.

SparkleKitten 24-10-2010 07:46 PM

*cuddles Laura* thats what I said, go tomorrow, and then if I am okay I can even go into uni in the afternoon, but my fiance is giving me the whole go tonight or you're not really concerned and just doing it for a day off. Ugh! This really isn't helping, my head is pounding. Apparently its nothing at all and I should go tonight to get that confirmed, but why would I take an appointment at the hospital tonight when I could see my gp tomorrow? I mean even if its not contageous it could be toying with my immune system or a sign of something coming on. No less than a week ago he was telling me my health had to always come first but now its come to me making a decision that isn't what he's saying (his original idea was wait till Wednesday for that appointment and go in uni Mon, Tues and Weds) its just a whole argument and I don't know what to do anymore.

*cuddles Felicia* I know the feeling.

*cuddles Lia* I know what you mean, sometimes he can be really unsupportive, but most of the time he's fantastic with everything. Ehh.

Doikers 24-10-2010 07:48 PM

*Hugs Laura* Don't be sorry Laura , I totally understand about you being worked up :)

RYUU 24-10-2010 08:05 PM

been for a walk and watched some tv not helped though
am going to spend the rest of the night online see if keeping busy with that
helps

MammaMia 24-10-2010 09:28 PM

Thanks for all the hugs & support guys. I just want something to stop going round & round my head. Hoping it's just going to happen today & last night and that'll be it. Meh =/

*hugs everyone*

Nicole, I'm sorry you're feeling lonely *keeps you company & hugs*

Laura, I'm sorry you're in that situation, I felt like that til recently & it sucks. *hugs*

Sarah, I'm sorry things are still shitty. *cuddles*

Lia, you're none of those horrible names *hugs tight*

Mark, how you doing? *hugs*

Sorry, I know that's not everyone, but it's all I can remember right now.

SparkleKitten 24-10-2010 09:55 PM

I'm getting worse health wise. Boo. So run down and tired. :(

*cuddles all*

MammaMia 24-10-2010 10:04 PM

I'm sorry your health's getting worse Sarah. Please go to that doctors appointment *cuddles tight*

SparkleKitten 24-10-2010 11:35 PM

I'll be going tomorrow, hopefully they can deal with me. *cuddles Helen*