RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 07-10-2010 11:33 AM

*Hugs Kahlia* I was lierally just wondering about you and here you are :) It must be so frustrating to not have a computer :S Way to go you on completeing your course work though :)
*Crosses fingers and hopes it's nothing serious too*

Doikers 07-10-2010 12:29 PM

I have my first "Groups 2 Grow" Session at 2pm this afternoon , I feel numb /anxious , weird feeling , I am really really hoping it will help me get a hold of my Self Injury. Positive thoughts my way if you like please :)

Also it's exactly 1 month today until I turn 30 ,:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S , The countdown has truely begun erp , not happy about that.

shadowedsoul 07-10-2010 04:41 PM

Cuddles all, I feel so unsafe so numb, like I'm walking around in a dazes. Curls up

Doikers 07-10-2010 04:50 PM

*Hugs Jill* Look after yourself please .

Well My Groups 2 Grow was INTENSE!!! and they said it was going to start getting intense from next week erp :S It was totally geared towards substance abuse but I was told It would be more duel diagnosis ( Substance AND Mental Health problems ) , I'm really hoping it wont be just just the substance stuff , I really want to focus on my depression hmmm but I guess the two are interlinked . The group is called "Group Psycho-social Interventions" , I meet my keyworker (Kat) Who does my accupuncture and is very nice tomorrow .

FlyingNy 07-10-2010 05:56 PM

Wow, a quiet day on the ward here. Sending you early luck for next week Mark as I missed this week's luck :) Glad the group seemed to go ok, even if it was a little intense. *Hugs*

*Hugs Jill* If you don't feel like telling us what's going on, I'm free to PM if you'd feel more comfortable like that. Sorry you're stuggling so much right now. *Hugs tightly*.

*Hugs Kahlia* I hope it's nothing too serious as well. Good luck honey.

Doikers 07-10-2010 06:22 PM

Thankyou Lia for the luck :) *Hugs* I hope I can cope with the intensity , I REALLY struggle with groups , I get incredibly self concious , Today I was nervous and got triggered and I sort of "zoned out" I mean I was trying to pay attention but my attention span is short ( depression eh? who'd have it!) and all that on top of 20 mg Of Diaz . hmmm.....

SoMuchMore 07-10-2010 06:24 PM

It is quiet in here... Hope everyone is alright.

*hugs mark* the group sounds like a good thing, though a little intense. I definitely understand your nerves about the group, hopefully it gets better with time/as you get used to the people in the group. Hope the meeting with your keyworker goes okay. How r u otherwise?

*hugs lisa* how r u doing?

*hugs kahlia* i'm sorry you are ill and that your computer still isn't fixed. Good job on getting all that coursework done though! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts about the doctors appointment.

*hugs jill* i'm sorry you feel like you are in a daze. Anything we can do/anything you want to talk about? Here if you need to.

I'm not doing too well. I don't want to go into too much detail on here as I don't want to trigger anyone, but i could use some hugs. Life is overwhelming.

PoisonedApple 07-10-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

That's another thing I love about this ward. I know whatever I do, none of you will ever judge me. I could come here hysterical and say I just killed a man who tried to attack me or something, and none of you would freak and run. I love you guys.
Too true! We love you too :)

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 07-10-2010 06:46 PM

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Crimson*

I don't feel safe , The group really took it out of me I think :S I S.I. earlier and just now made it worse and am worried that I may make it even worse , knowing I am at my parents from tomorrow until Sunday and will therefore not be in a situation to S.I. is making me think "do it now as you can't later" sorry I'm rambling.

SoMuchMore 07-10-2010 06:55 PM

But Mark, think - will "do it now as you can't later" really help either situation? SI-ing now won't take away future urges over the weekend, nor will it help you feel better at the moment as you are worried about making it worse... and if it is worse then you might have to get it checked out, which i'm sure you don't want to do. Plus, making it worse might also make you regret it more in the future.

I hope that didn't sound too harsh. I didnt mean for it too, just trying to point out some logic in the situation. I know you can fight these urges Mark. You have done it before. Keep talking if it will help, or doing something distracting... Go for a walk, get some coffee, sleep, anything that will keep you from making things worse.

*extra safe hugs* Hang in there.

*hugs crimson* and we love you too! :-) Hope you are okay.

FlyingNy 07-10-2010 06:58 PM

*Hugs Mark* Please try and look after the SI you have already done and try to resist the other urges. I know it's hard, but we all care about you.

*Hugs Laura* I'm sorry you're not having the best time right now. We're all here for you if you need us.

*Hugs Crimson* How are you?

As for me, it's complicated. I don't feel particuarly bad right now, but...well, it doesn't matter.

Doikers 07-10-2010 07:03 PM

Thanks Laura , I wasn't thinking Logically , my mind is racing unpleasant thoughts . I certainly don't want to have to have it checked out :S . I'll just have to "Deal" with the urges over the weekend , you are right I've done it before I can do it again . Sorry to be such a pain. Sleep is a good one but I'll have to leave that until 9pm I guess maybe a bit earlier , sleep helps , I might put on some music later :)

Doikers 07-10-2010 07:05 PM

*Hugs Lia* Do you want to talk ? If its bothering you it matters .

SoMuchMore 07-10-2010 07:08 PM

*hugs mark* don't worry about it at all. Hope that I was able to help some. Believe me, i understand that its hard to think logically when you mind is racing and repeating bad things.

*hugs lia* It does matter how you are feeling. I'm glad that you arent feeling particularly bad though.

Doikers 07-10-2010 07:25 PM

Are you okay Laura ? You said life is overwhelming , do you want to talk?

FlyingNy 07-10-2010 07:42 PM

It's OK guys. Thanks but I'm alright, there's too much, I wouldn't know where to start.

Yes Mark, you can :)

You can always talk to us if you like Laura.

Doikers 07-10-2010 08:11 PM

April ,April ,April How are you ? *spots and hugs*

FlyingNy 07-10-2010 08:18 PM

I'm so triggered for no reason.

Doikers 07-10-2010 08:19 PM

*Hugs Lia tight until she no longer feels triggered* I hate that feeling :(

FlyingNy 07-10-2010 08:26 PM

Thanks Mark. I promised myself if someone acknowledged me within the next 3 posts, I wouldn't cut.