RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

effervescence 29-05-2008 03:24 AM

because its nice to feel accepted and to find people who do the same things as you, all in the same place.
give it time hun u might be surprised :)

BoundNoMore 29-05-2008 03:28 AM

Thanks for the encouragement
*hugs*

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 04:32 AM

*nods in agreement with Chloe* She's right Amanda, it's nice to have a place you know is specifically for you. So whether or not you are allowed to do it elsewhere, having a spot... Well it feels like home, like the psych ward does to some of us (well, at least to me).

*snuggles Helen, Chloe, Katch, Amanda, Alexx, Jeremy and anyone else she missed*

Katch, what's wrong luv? Have I missed the story *looks around, confused* I suppose that can happen when you're working off next to no sleep. *snuggles* I hope things are getting better hun.

Alexx, how are you doing sweetie? Feeling any better? I really think you should talk to someone about this hun.

Helen, are we talking about your mom hun? Sounds like you're feeling pretty closed in *massive huggles*. I'm sorry, I don't have anything helpful to say.

Chloe, how's it with you hun? Doing alright? I don't recall seeing anything specific but please excuse me if I completely missed you in crisis or something :pinch: I'm working on three hours sleep and loads of coffee.

Jeremy, manage any sleep yet hun? *snuggles her sheep*

:yawn: I'm exhausted, shaky, triggered and WAY behind... And despite that I am not going to stay up all night... I can't, I'm just too tired :crying: I may ask for an extension on one of the papers... Just over the weekend... This gals been really nice about accommodating me, bends over backward... I hate to ask but I can't do this... My own damn fault I know but...

Oh. My. Goodness. Y'all won't believe this... My dad got married this weekend. He and his girlfriend (of less than a year) headed to the beach this weekend (Oregon coast, northern part) and wound up in Reno Nevada and decided to get married! For heaven sake! My reaction? I told him he'd just became a cliché :blush: I DID tell him congratulations at some point but I know I didn't show the enthusiasm he wanted and I'm the kid that he can count on that stuff from... I play family politics well... Good at faking it. But what did he want from me? Ok, I know what he wanted but come on... I am SO cutting my arm to pieces before I go to bed :pinch:

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 04:35 AM

Oh yeah, Chloe, I started a thread in the Creative Corner... I think I called it 'My drawings, my feelings' and put a link to a slideshow of my drawings to date... I can't wait to draw this next one...

MammaMia 29-05-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effervescence (Post 800735)
helen, im sorry you are worried about this person. is there soemthing you could do to convince yourself you are safe from her?

I have no idea tbh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*forever_lost*~ (Post 800872)

*snuggles Helen, Chloe, Katch, Amanda, Alexx, Jeremy and anyone else she missed*

Helen, are we talking about your mom hun? Sounds like you're feeling pretty closed in *massive huggles*. I'm sorry, I don't have anything helpful to say.

*snuggles* Nah we're not. We're talking about an ex friend of mine. :sad:

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's nearly ****ing 5am.
Can one sleep?
NO.
Is one tired?
YES.
I HAVE TO SLEEEEEEEEEP.
LET ME SLEEEP.
:crying:
I can't stop thinking about all this **** that's happened.
But I need to, cus it's triggering me so badly.
:sad:

BoundNoMore 29-05-2008 05:04 AM

*snuggles everyone*

Jetforce 29-05-2008 06:23 AM

*cuddles every1*

Yeah, i caught up on sleep hehe

effervescence 29-05-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*forever_lost*~ (Post 800872)
*nods in agreement with Chloe* She's right

WOOP.
dinner time so will reply later but just wanted to relish in being right :-D :hehe: :-D

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 06:37 AM

lol *pounces on Chloe and gives her a hug* you're funny, I love you :-D

*hugs her super cool sheep* yay sleep!

effervescence 29-05-2008 07:13 AM

yay! im loved! :p
how is that paper going ally? an extension would be good if u can get it.
meh, i have a massive headache, im blaming my psychologist for making me talk about my father for my whole session.....

Jetforce 29-05-2008 07:17 AM

LOL..u should of diverted ur psychologists attention to something else :P something that would benefit u

Hehe..wat u having for dinner there chloe? *cuddles u*

effervescence 29-05-2008 07:20 AM

i had lamb korma. or, thats what the label said anyway. it was average.
i should have but it was kinda hard to get out of a big discussion. oh well.

ally what's your scarlet letter?

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 09:49 AM

Mmm, lamb... I think we have some in the freezer *thinks longingly of real food*

:eyeroll: Psychs and their preoccupation with parents... I for one am thinking of NOT telling mine my dad ran off to Reno and got married like some hormone crazed idiot *shrug* save myself some trouble. Hope your headache gets better there Chloe dear.

Ah, and my scarlet letter. A big ol' red 'D' for 'depressive'. lol kind of funny, I was reading in my psych 101 book many moons ago and they used the word 'depressive'... And I got insulted! lol This was when only I knew I had been depressed for ages, no one else knew (with the possible exception of a friend or two). Anyway I immediately thought of The Scarlet Letter... Thankfully psychology is moving away from defining a person by their disorder (such as 'depressive', 'schizophrenic', 'bipolar', etc) toward a 'person first' mind set (a person WITH depression, not a depressive, or a person WITH schizophrenia, not a schizophrenic). lol and there's my long drawn out answer :-D hmmm, must be lack of sleep lol :yawn:

*retreats to her corner, curls up and hopes sleep comes soon*

~*forever_broken*~ 29-05-2008 09:57 AM

Oh and the paper. Well I've got my reference page finished with the exception of two sources... I can site journal articles in APA format in my sleep but books... That's another story... Waiting till I can look it up online. And I've got 1/2 of a page written... Means I need another 9 1/2 pages at least lol. But the half page isn't even my full introduction, just all I could manage with the way my poor brain is working atm. Tomorrows goal? Finish this paper, get a good start on my paper for my History and Systems class, study for my Friday exams and train my damn virtual rat for my Learning and behaviour class... :yawn:

Night all, take care.

MammaMia 29-05-2008 10:02 AM

*pounces on people and gives them hugs*

I feel awfulllll :P

zowie 29-05-2008 10:17 AM

Morning everyone. Just checking in to let you know I'm still here.
After the assessment, they gave me some olanzapine (sp?) and sent me to bed. I have an appointment with my psych tomorrow.
Hope everyone's okay (didn't have time to read the latest posts). Take care of yourselves xxx

blondiebear 29-05-2008 01:46 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much. Too busy sight seeing and helping a friend.

*cuddles every one.*
*hands out s'mores pop tarts and diet pepsi*

I actually managed to walk around downtown Santa Fe yesterday! This is great for me! I warned my jumpy hare of a husband that not only was I a tortoise, I was a tortoise with asthma. So we strolled around the central square, peering into shop windows. When I started to wheeze or have a bit of trouble breathing, I just tugged on my husband's arm.

The only thing I couldn't live without is a beaded head band, hand made some where in central or south America.

Isn't sleep depravation a normal condition? It is for me.

*cuddles all around*

dark_light 29-05-2008 03:57 PM

*cuddles everybody*

Seriously ally can you not get an extension on medical grounds or something? Good luck with the paper anyway x

Zowie how are you now? did the meds help? hope the psych helps you

Susan i am glad you are feeling a bit better *hugs* sleep deprivation is normal for me too, sounds like you are having fun anyway though?

*goes to hide in corner under a blanket*

Katch 29-05-2008 05:10 PM

tried to explain what happened yesterday in my thread 'can't be here for a while'. basically i lost it... sorry and thank you for trying to help.

zowie 29-05-2008 05:28 PM

*Hugs Katch* Hope you're alright hun.

The meds are helping a little. Beth doesn't seem so strong at the moment, so I'm feeling a bit stronger.
xx