RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 17-05-2008 12:34 AM

Alex, I'm not saying this to make you feel better, but you know I think you're soooooooooo pretty and beautiful. I love your hair so so much and everything about you soo you need to try and accept this. I know it's hard to believe. xxx

Katch 17-05-2008 12:34 AM

You do deserve it - if you don't then neither do I - and you told me before that I do.
I'm sorry you had too much to drink (but understand why) the problem is we drink becuase of our insecurities and then it just makes things even worse. I am sure it isn't that you weren't as pretty as them - more like you weren't as confident as them - I see people bigger and nastier than me and they end up with people - I ask myself why - and I am sure the answer is to do with confidence. It's a shame people seem to be intent on pairing you up - things don't have to be that rushed - just try smiling and then starting a conversation with him without wondering where it might lead - some of the best relationships start out as friendships - and friends can cuddle safely forever or move on when they are both ready to do so.

As for your Mum - I am so sorry she said that - it was 100% wrong of her to do so - you really need her support and I am sorry you are not getting it. If only arms could go through the internet I'd hug you tight and let you cry for as long as you needed to.
I'm sorry I have no good advice for you - but I am listening and I do care.

~*forever_broken*~ 17-05-2008 12:41 AM

Alexx hunni, you're here cause you're wonderful and we love you. What can't you get right luv?

Ugh, what kind of an exam is that?!? *hugs Helen* sorry dear

It is HOT here (90 something)... Good news is my room mates gone so I am wearing shorts and a tank top... And getting mind numbingly drunk...

Detour. Derail 17-05-2008 12:45 AM

Anything :(
I cant do what people want...and I cant justify what I want to do...
and I think I'm scared to get into a relationship...but I cant stand being on my own any longer and I cant find the mid way point...
and I cant get the balence between socail life and study right and I cant impress him and I cant impress ANYONE and I cant look like I want to and I cant look how anyone else wants me to look and most of all...I cant do this im scared of leaving it behind.
I dont WANT to do it.
I....*mutters and curls up*

~*forever_broken*~ 17-05-2008 12:46 AM

Oh am I behind. Alexx hun I am sure you are lovely. Katch is right, it's probably a confidence thing sweetie and I think that's probably pretty common among our set. As for your mother... Grr to her, there is absolutly NO excuse for saying such a thing. I am glad you went to A&E hun, we'd miss you.

~*forever_broken*~ 17-05-2008 12:49 AM

Alexx hunni it's ok, none of that's true. You are a very capabul, strong gal sweetie. As to the relationship thing... Me too. I think we are at a vulnerable time in our lives and with the secrets we have letting new people in is scarry. *snuggles you*

Detour. Derail 17-05-2008 12:52 AM

I wish someone was here..I need a cuddle :crying:

~*forever_broken*~ 17-05-2008 12:54 AM

I wish I could sweetie, I wish I could give you one...
---------
*sits in her corner with her alcohol and wonders how no one understands*

Katch 17-05-2008 12:54 AM

Agree completely with the above - it's so scary letting someone new into our lives - yet we want to so much. Sometimes you have to risk being hurt to find something good - just really look at it and decide if it''s worth the risk - if it is then you have to go for it - we will all be here whatever way it turns out - but sometimes you do have to think maybe it's not worth the risk right now - I need to wait a bit longer. I looked at your photo and you look wonderful - even though your face is half hidden with your hair (which is fab) we can tell you are pretty - you just have to believe it.

Katch 17-05-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reason[TO]Believe (Post 767040)
I wish someone was here..I need a cuddle :crying:

Lets all meet in the corner and have a big group cuddle - I think we all need one

BoundNoMore 17-05-2008 12:57 AM

*hides in a dark corner*

Katch 17-05-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bound by Thoughts (Post 767057)
*hides in a dark corner*

We are coming to your corner for a hug - do you want to talk about why you are hiding

BoundNoMore 17-05-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katch (Post 767060)
do you want to talk about why you are hiding

I just took a nap and woke up and now I feel very very VERY... I don' know... dissociated... numb... wanting to cry but no tears will fall... all of the above. And the worst part is... I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!!

Detour. Derail 17-05-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katch (Post 767050)
I looked at your photo and you look wonderful - even though your face is half hidden with your hair (which is fab) we can tell you are pretty - you just have to believe it.

I did have a different one...which showed my face...but I took it down because i felt bad about it...

Katch 17-05-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bound by Thoughts (Post 767076)
I just took a nap and woke up and now I feel very very VERY... I don' know... dissociated... numb... wanting to cry but no tears will fall... all of the above. And the worst part is... I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!!

It's Ok not to know why - I think often when we do know why we don't need to cry as it's all inside us. Crying should be such an easy thing when there is so much hurt and confusion - but it's not (I could never cry so i used to put stuff in my eyes when I couldn't cry - in the hope that someone would see I was upset - it didn't work)
Just give yourself time - you may suddenly realise whats bothering you but it might just be all the build up inside you looking for a bit of release.

Katch 17-05-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reason[TO]Believe (Post 767081)
I did have a different one...which showed my face...but I took it down because i felt bad about it...

I think you should put it back so we can see it - even if only for tonight - I'm envious as I haven't even had the courage to put one up at all.

Detour. Derail 17-05-2008 01:11 AM

I think....I'm gonna go to bed...
*grabs her Duck and blanket and curls up next to people for company*

BoundNoMore 17-05-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katch (Post 767087)
but it might just be all the build up inside you looking for a bit of release.

Yes release... I need release... I NEED TO SH... to make myself feel

Detour. Derail 17-05-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katch (Post 767090)
I think you should put it back so we can see it - even if only for tonight - I'm envious as I haven't even had the courage to put one up at all.

Ok...quickly before I go sleepy...

You should feel specail....until you see it:blink:

Katch 17-05-2008 01:12 AM

Ok sleep tight and I hope you wake up feeling a bit better next time.