RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 29-03-2010 03:25 PM

*cuddles everyone*

Sounds like a mixture of good & bad Kahlia.

Doikers, try keep fighting the urges

*big squishes for Hayley* Hope your ME settles down soon sweetheart.

Scarletdreamer 29-03-2010 05:50 PM

What does ME stand for? *is confused*

*cuddles all*

My SW appt went okay... no hospital for now, although she seemed concerned when I said that I was a cutter... and I am planning on cutting ASAP because I really wanted to this morning but couldn't (didn't tell her that bit though). It was a bit weird though as she didn't even make me contract to be safe until our next appt (next Monday). So yeah. :-/

I'm really exhausted. Just want to feel better, or die. I want to be elsewhere. But I did get some uni work done, which is good...

*hides in the dark* :crying:

MammaMia 29-03-2010 06:01 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : What is ME...
Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) is characterised by a range of neurological symptoms and signs, muscle pain with intense physical or mental exhaustion, relapses, and specific cognitive disabilities. Early reports dating from 1934 described epidemics of the illness (see Research Publications on ME epidemics for more information) — such as the 1955 outbreak at the Royal Free Hospital in London — but nowadays it is more common for endemic (sporadic) cases to be identified. ME is classified by the World Health Organisation as a neurological illness (International Classification of Disease 10: G93.3).

The cardinal symptoms of ME are profound, generalised post-exertional loss of muscle power (fatigability); muscle pain that may include tenderness and swelling; and neurological signs. Patients are also prone to relapses which may take the form of recurrences of the original systemic illness, or fresh episodes of muscle weakness, neurologic changes or well-defined cognitive problems. As with many chronic illnesses, fatigue may be present, but in ME patients the fatigue is post-exertional, often delayed, and quite unlike the ‘fatigue’ experienced by healthy people.

The cause of ME is still unknown, but there is unlikely to be one single causative agent. Several early epidemics appear to have been triggered off by an outbreak of an infection with enteric organisms or poliovirus which then subsided, and many patients report an infectious onset to their illness. However, in others, there may have been a variety of contributing factors — infectious, traumatic, environmental and endogenous — all of which can lead on to a condition which shares a set of common symptoms.

Scarletdreamer 29-03-2010 06:28 PM

Thanks Hels. *cuddles*

I spy a Mark!! :)

I just cut... and not in a good place. :-/ It's fine, but I'm a little worried what my NP is going to say about it tomorrow. Oh well. :-S

*hides*

MammaMia 29-03-2010 06:29 PM

*cuddles April* Please look after you & your cuts :( *cuddles some more*

Scarletdreamer 29-03-2010 06:36 PM

I don't want to look after me and my cuts... :( R/v thread updated. I'll try to take care of me etc. though... at least for now. :(

How're you, Helen? *cuddles up next to*

Doikers 29-03-2010 06:39 PM

*hugs April* Are your wounds gonna be ok? please be careful and keep it clean , I know you know that already

Whats an NP? sorry to be dense

Sorry we must have been typing together * Edit*

one_step_closer 29-03-2010 06:41 PM

I wish that I was back in hospital, life is too hard.

Doikers 29-03-2010 06:50 PM

*hugs one step closer *
I think that sometimes , I just want to be in hospital again sometimes .Just to let you know you're are not alone :)

MammaMia 29-03-2010 07:00 PM

*cuddles April tight* Please try? For me? :) I'm hanging in there, somehow. Been a better day I guess. Been distracted :)

*cuddles Mark & Lindsay*

SoMuchMore 29-03-2010 08:25 PM

I spy Mark! lol *hugs*

*hugs april* im sorry that you cut :-( And please take care of yourself like everyone has said. *more cuddles*

*hugs helen* Glad that today hasn't been so bad and that u've been distracted.

*hugs lindsay* hang in there hun. I know its hard.

*cuddles hayley and kahlia*

Trying to get myself to leave my apartment... Its hard today. I feel like I am falling apart. Life is trying to break me..

MammaMia 29-03-2010 08:28 PM

Never felt so alone in my life

SoMuchMore 29-03-2010 08:33 PM

*cuddles helen so maybe she feels a bit less lonely*

Kahlia1981 29-03-2010 09:37 PM

*huggles everyone*

Tdoc appointment today ... blech. Got to catch a bus in less than two hours and then walk the rest of the way there. *sigh* Time to start getting up-and-at-'em I suppose.

*huggles everyone then ducks out into the smoking shelter for a quick drag*

MammaMia 29-03-2010 10:23 PM

*cuddles everyone and hides in denial tent*

Can't cope with this on my own.

Scarletdreamer 29-03-2010 10:26 PM

I bandaged the cut... it's in a bad place and I'm scared that people will get angry with/concerned about me if they find out... especially my parents as they have no idea that anything "bad" is going on right now.

Am so ****ing anxious... hate it.

*cuddles LauraStar* What's up, sweetie?

*cuddles Hels* Maybe that makes you feel not quite so alone? ♥

I spy you!!! :D

MammaMia 29-03-2010 10:42 PM

We must have been typing at the same time

*cuddles* Glad you've bandaged it up sweetheart. People being concerned is just them caring about you sweetie? *snuggles*

Scarletdreamer 29-03-2010 11:21 PM

I don't want people to be concerned about me... at least, not my parents... but at the same time, I do. I know I don't make any sense... :(

How are you, love? *snuggles*

The SW I saw today thinks that maybe being so active online is detrimental to my socializing IRL. I don't know. She thinks that I need to seek out, as I put it, "real people" (lol, sorry for that) and hang out with them... not that she doesn't think that it's good I'm getting support from you all. So I don't know what to think about that. :-/

Scarletdreamer 29-03-2010 11:22 PM

Oh and Mark, NP = nurse practitioner. She gives me my meds. (BWAHAHA!!!)

How's everyone tonight??

MammaMia 29-03-2010 11:43 PM

It made sense sweetheart. I get like that...*cuddles*

I'm not good. I'm really tired, so tired that my body is tired & aching. But alas, I cannot get back to sleep. I fell asleep watching tv....

Plus a load more **** has hit the fan. I can't cope as it is, without anymore. ****ing hell man. Can I just die now pls?

:/