RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 01-11-2010 12:27 PM

Ohh hey , A while ago whilst volunteering at the Cyber Cafe I entered a competition to win a DVD on the Horror Channel Website and I just got an e-mail telling me I've won a copy! :) I'm chuffed :) Time to enter more competitions I think hehe.

risenfromperdition 01-11-2010 12:35 PM

markkkk <3 :)

*hugs laura and felicia and julie and helen and anyone else who wants*
sorry isnt more :/
so much work to do this week and no energy and ><

Doikers 01-11-2010 03:50 PM

I met with my group one too one worker Kat , she helped but It's bought Alcohol Craving back to the front of my thinking I actually went to morrisons to buys some but it was too busy and I was too anxious to be there :S
I'm realy triggered too , the cut that I did yesterday afternoon is still bl**ding , I'm put on many dressings and this last one I'ne sellotaped hard to mysef to apply pressure . I've taken diaz , I hate feeling like this , sorry :(

one_step_closer 01-11-2010 04:10 PM

*hugs Mark* Do you need to get your cut looked at?

SoMuchMore 01-11-2010 04:48 PM

*hugs mark* i think you should get the cut looked at. I know you dont want to, but if its still bleeding even with pressure then it probably needs to at least be checked out. *extra hugs*

*hugs heather* no worries about it not being more, we understand. hope uni work is going okay and that you're staying safe.

*hugs lindsay* how r u today?

*hugs helen* speaking to your mentor sounds like a good idea. hopefully she will be helpful. I kind of got my work done, the stuff that absolutely needed to be done for today is finished.. huge test tomorrow though that i havent started studying for yet :-/

one_step_closer 01-11-2010 04:59 PM

I just want to give up. Or have a break from life in hospital but I can do neither of those things.

How are you, Laura?

Doikers 01-11-2010 05:02 PM

It's not a big cut .
Trigger warning

Trigger warning

.Triggor Warning

Trigger warning

Trigger warning .....

I did the S.I. on my right arm with my laft hand and I think I pushed it in a little deeper than intended, it's not pouring bl**d , just seeping a bit . I hope I put enough trigger warnings I don't know how to hide text , can anyone teach me? If this is triggering please say and I will delete the post.

Doikers 01-11-2010 05:04 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Laura*

you're right I REALLY don't want to get it looked at, I'll leave the pressure dressing on overnight and check it out tomorrow.

SoMuchMore 01-11-2010 05:09 PM

*hugs lindsay* I'm sorry you're feeling so low. Don't give up though, things can and will get better.

I'm okay right now. Had a hard time getting out of bed this morning and really don't want to go to class in an hour, but alas.. i have to heh.

*hugs mark* Well if it doesnt stop bleeding in the next few hours or tomorrow, i still think it might be worth getting checked out...
Oh and to make a hide box you have to go into post reply and then there is a little button that says "hide" on the right side of the text input box. U just put you text in between the hide and end hide tags that show up when you click on the button...
I didn't think it wasn't triggering though... so don't worry about the last post.

oops, missed you're other post while typing - i hope that the pressure dressing works.

Doikers 01-11-2010 05:16 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : testing
Like this Laura?

Thanks Laura :)

SoMuchMore 01-11-2010 05:40 PM

No problem Mark! :-)

Off to class now.. stay safe everyone. I will probably be sporadic this evening b/c i HAVE to study for this test, otherwise i'm screwed.

Doikers 01-11-2010 05:48 PM

Good luck with your Test Laura *Hugs*

Doikers 01-11-2010 06:42 PM

Arrgg! I'm so conflicted!! , I'm sorry I've been moaning so much recently

PoisonedApple 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

My weekend was awesome (mostly)... but now I feel like a cripple... Really I should know better than to wear my platform boots and jump around with my knee being the way it is. After the pain started I got my friend to stash my shoes in the VIP area. I love raves, I love dancing, I love being out with my friends but I am still achy 2 days later. Abs, knees, feet and ankles are all protesting. Since it's been about 3 yrs since I last went out and danced my butt off I think it was worth it even if I hurt now :) Then for Halloween night the kids went trick or treating with their friend Rachel and then came home for a mini party I put together for them :) Complete with home made carmel apples with sprinkles on the bottoms :)

How was everyone else's weekend? *sorry if thats been answered but there were too many pages*

*hugs all*

SparkleKitten 01-11-2010 06:53 PM

*cuddles wardies*

Had my rheumatology appointment today. Its still definately arthiritis and I'm going to need to self-inject methotrexate (20mg) every week. Got to go to a clinic for it a week on wednesday. Not sure I like the idea but I need the medication and I can't take it orally any more due to my gall bladder problems. Bleh.

Doikers 01-11-2010 06:54 PM

Heeeee! It sounds like you had fun Crimson :) Yey for raves (I've never been)

Doikers 01-11-2010 06:55 PM

*Hugs Sarah*

SparkleKitten 01-11-2010 06:59 PM

*cuddles Mark* Not keen on the idea at all but I'd better get used to it, getting them in bundles of 7 (one per week) and having a review in Feb.

Doikers 01-11-2010 07:44 PM

Back in late August I was suicidal, I set a date and method , The date is the 9th of this month.
I am no longer proactivley suicidal, in fact I get a bit scared think how serious I was about ending my life back only a few months ago.
I am strugging to know how to deal with the 9th , there is a part of me that wants to be so out of it that I don't notice it , I'm especially worried about the evening , I have on purpose made meetings at 1pm,2pm,3pm and 4 pm to keep myself busy and safe and my thoughts from racing too much , I'm so tempted to stop my Antabuse just so I can drink and it will all go by in a blur , so so tempted , I really don't know what else to do , My 30th is on the 7th and I'm struggling enough to deal with that , enough mental ( insert word here cause I can't think of it) is enough , I'm really torn , Sorry to dump on you guys yet again :( Bad wardie!

*Hugs Sarah* I hope your new meds work for you :)

xxjuliexx 01-11-2010 08:50 PM

*frowns* they were meet to do 2 they only did one and it took them 1 hour and a half just to do that one and it hurts now and i have stitches and there annoying

Doikers 01-11-2010 08:52 PM

*Hands Julie some soothing tea*

xxjuliexx 01-11-2010 08:55 PM

awwww thanks ur so sweet

nicole94 01-11-2010 09:22 PM

*hugs everyone*

MammaMia 01-11-2010 09:30 PM

*hugs ward*

nicole94 01-11-2010 09:37 PM

*hugs helen* how're you tonight?

MammaMia 01-11-2010 09:40 PM

*hugs Nicole* Pretty low. But never mind. How are you?

nicole94 01-11-2010 09:44 PM

*hugs helen* aww, do you wanna talk about it? i'm ok thanks, really struggled with going back to college today but think i'm ok now :/

MammaMia 01-11-2010 09:46 PM

I went back to college today, was good, but struggled in a way. Sorry you struggled, want to talk about it? *hugs*

nicole94 01-11-2010 09:50 PM

*hugs, i'm ok thanks, yeah, it's hard going back after having a break, and i was in college 9-5 today :/ stupid long days! what course are you doing helen?

MammaMia 01-11-2010 10:13 PM

It sure is hard after breaks. I'm doing Early Years =) (It's a childcare course). I have to be there from 9.00-4.30 on Mondays so can feel your pain.

nicole94 01-11-2010 10:16 PM

ohohoh :D i'm doing childcare too! (along with a lot of other things.) i love it! we spend most of our lessons painting or doing puzzles :D lol

MammaMia 01-11-2010 10:22 PM

Awesome =)

nicole94 01-11-2010 10:26 PM

:) so, what are you up to tonight?
i'm making myself jealous looking at tattoos and wishing i could have one :/ XD but my mum wont let me :(

MammaMia 01-11-2010 10:31 PM

I've been crying, talking to you, had a shower, talking to you some more yay and now I'm just writing this post LOL. Was supposed to be having a conversation with my best friend but er, that didn't work out too great. Nobody's fault though. No arguments or anything. Just bad time of year for her :(

nicole94 01-11-2010 10:34 PM

aaaw *hugs* not such a great night then. i'm sure your friends ok though, sometimes you just need time on your own!

xxjuliexx 01-11-2010 10:35 PM

*cuddles up with helen*

MammaMia 01-11-2010 10:39 PM

She's not okay though Nicole. It's breaking my heart seeing her like this =[ I just pray that she'll start feeling better once this period has passed (which it will this week). Just wish I could do more, I feel such a useless best friend. I feel so selfish for needing her so much right now :'(

*cuddles Julie* How you feeling?

xxjuliexx 01-11-2010 10:40 PM

i'm sore but not to bad

nicole94 01-11-2010 10:41 PM

*cuddles helen tight* i know hun, but she will get better, she just needs to keep fighting, we all do, it will get better in the end.

MammaMia 01-11-2010 10:42 PM

Julie, I'm glad you're not too bad, hope the pain goes away soon. Sorry it took so long that they could only do one :(

*cuddles Nicole tightly* I know she'll get better. I won't ever let her stop fighting. But I do agree that we all need to keep fighting because it does get better.

nicole94 01-11-2010 10:53 PM

*hugs helen* uhuh. although, i still struggle to beleive that for myself. :/ idk.
ugh, i wish i could just say things......

MammaMia 01-11-2010 11:27 PM

I struggle to believe it sometimes too but we have to try keep that faith *cuddles*

nicole94 01-11-2010 11:33 PM

*cuddles* i know, i think half my problem is that i keep things bottled up.....

Kahlia1981 02-11-2010 12:11 AM

*hugs everyone*

Sorry for the lack of individual replies but there have been several pages since I was last here and I don't want to miss anyone.

Mark: re the 9th: I understand how you feel about it and am glad that you have thought ahead and made meetings for during the day. For the evening, what about finding an activity to keep you occupied - instead of coming off the Antabuse and drinking?? Maybe watching a movie or making a time to catch up with online friends? I don't know if either of those is a possibility or would even keep you occupied enough. The key, as you said, is to find an activity that will keep your mind occupied. Can you brainstorm and find something that might be a possibility? I'm sure that we'll help if we can. One thing more Mark: you are strong enough to beat this. Never forget that. *hugs*

I had a nightmare last night that managed to jerk my housemate out of bed!! I must have screamed because he came flying into my bedroom to find out what was wrong. This morning my anxiety is so high that I'm uncomfortable when sitting on the balcony with the security screen open. This doesn't bode well for my trip to the doctors surgery this afternoon. :-(

*leaves hugs and safe love and care packages for all wardies on the table*

MammaMia 02-11-2010 12:28 AM

*hugs Nicole and Kahlia tight*

Nicole, I saw your rant thread, please don't do it :(
Kahlia, I'm sorry you're so anxious

Doikers 02-11-2010 10:09 AM

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Julie*

*Hugs Kahlia* I may well be spending quite a bit of time online to keep myself distracted on the 9th , Watching a movie is a tough one as I have so little focus/concentration , I guess I could watch a movie I know and like so it would be okay to float in and out of because I know what happened . Thankyou so much for your reply :)

Oh and my cut stopped bl**ding overnight :):)

MammaMia 02-11-2010 03:23 PM

Mark, why do you put stars in the word bleeding? I'm assuming it's so you don't trigger people? I'm sorry but if they can't handle the word blood/bleeding, then that's just bit wee stupid and maybe shouldn't come here for support, where that word is going to be used sometimes and not always in reference to self harm. Sorry if this post upsets anyone, it's not my intention.

Doikers 02-11-2010 04:36 PM

Helen , It was because I didn't want to trigger anyone , I was just being a bit overly causious (sp?) maybe . Your post didn't upset me .*Hugs Helen* how are you today?

one_step_closer 02-11-2010 05:21 PM

*hugs everyone*

misskitty112 02-11-2010 05:39 PM

*hugs everyone*