RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:42 PM

You're not at all Jill. Please stay safe. *Hugs*

So know the feeling Sarah. Apparently my English and drama are a 'waste of time', but you do what you wanna do, don't let anyone else rule your life for you. I personally hate maths, but each to their own. *Hugs*

MammaMia 05-09-2010 10:44 PM

I hate people telling others that their college/university courses are a waste of time. Not like they're forcing them to do it too. People should be happy with the choices they have made and do what they want & stuff those kind of opinions *rolls eyes* Clearly must be useful or they wouldn't exist as courses. DUH!

misskitty112 05-09-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribenalion (Post 2476351)
Aww :( *hugs*

Got some moaning here that because I'm doing maths at uni and thats apparently a waste of time. *sigh*

It is not a waste of time at all. I get people telling me I should do maths at uni, and that being in English is a waste of time.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:51 PM

Ah my family are pushing me to continue doing maths after I graduate but its a waste of time... I'm confused. :(

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:52 PM

Personally Felicia, I love English. What's your course exactly? I want to do English and American literature with creative writing. OH, and maybe a bit of drama thrown in, but that's no on the course list for the uni I want to do to. Actually, I don't think triple is an option anywhere. I could do modules in drama though I suppose.

shadowedsoul 05-09-2010 11:09 PM

Hmm sorry not sure I can tonight.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 11:26 PM

We're all here for you *hugs* xx

misskitty112 05-09-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceQueenHasAHeart (Post 2476410)
Personally Felicia, I love English. What's your course exactly? I want to do English and American literature with creative writing. OH, and maybe a bit of drama thrown in, but that's no on the course list for the uni I want to do to. Actually, I don't think triple is an option anywhere. I could do modules in drama though I suppose.

My courses are British Literature with a concentration in the Jacobian period and going from there, cause I love Brit Lit once I get to the Jacobian period, American Literature with a concentration in the postmodern period, Creative Writing, and Journalism.
Yeah... I'm a little insane.

Jill, we're here for you *hugs*

taz35 05-09-2010 11:31 PM

*huggles everyone*

Scarletdreamer 05-09-2010 11:36 PM

Wow, pretty active thread today!! Sorry I've not been around more... feel bad about that.

Lia, I don't think you're batty at all for having a good imagination. :) I will tell you (well, all of you :P) a secret that I've not told anyone else - when I was in hospital the last time, I was put in ICA (intensive care area, where you don't interact with anyone and the toilets don't have handles and if you are on maximum watch you don't get any privacy at all, that type of place) (and no, that's not the secret, hehe). Well, when I was in ICA, because I didn't have anyone to talk with, I retreated inwards (tend to do that when alone, space out/daydream) and had this made up dragon called the Keeper. He watched over me and sometimes I pretended/thought I could see him out the window. I guess it was kind of like God, in a sense, I don't know. He reassured me and sometimes I pretended that he flew me right out of ICA, since I HATED being in that section of the ward. People think that you're a freak if you're in there (I mean, other people in the "regular" ward), or dangerous, or something like that, since usually the dangerous people are back there. (I have no idea why I was put back there upon arrival, apparently they thought I was of greater risk to self and others at that time?) Anyway... so yeah. Haven't told anyone else about that. :) But, like Lia said, I know you all won't judge me or tell me I'm a nutcase or anything. :) Love you all!! <3

But anyway... Lia, you're 16 and you're saying you're too old for that. I was freaking 20 then. :P And even now, when I'm 22, I still have that type of thing going on... still like to daydream about the Keeper (that's his name, he doesn't go by any other). I don't know. I don't think that you can ever really be too old for that type of thing. Does that make sense?? >_<

Ahhh another Laura!! :) Welcome. I remember having another Laura here before so I'm sorry if that was you, as I can't remember her screenname. >_< I know, dense of me but oh well. Blah. I'm April btw. ^_^

Sorry, I totally rambled... *hides after glomping Felicia, Lia, Taz, Sarah, and Hels* XD

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 12:00 AM

Hmm nevermind, I'm being stuiped.

SparkleKitten 06-09-2010 12:00 AM

Heading off for the night to make myself a nice quiet safe place in my quilt

Night all and stay safe *hugs* x

Scarletdreamer 06-09-2010 12:04 AM

G'night Sarah, pleasant dreams. Same to you, Mark. *tucks you into your individual ward beds* :) Oh and Mark, good luck tomorrow!!

Jill, what's up, honey? what you feel like you're being stupid about? *gentle hugs*

Felicia, how was your walk? (since I spy you... hehe)

Oliver *glomps* How are you?

misskitty112 06-09-2010 12:05 AM

Goodnight, Sarah!
I think I'm gonna sleep for a bit before finishing up my Brit Lit reading

April, my walk was very mind clearing. I feel much better!

*cuddles all the wardies and leaves sweets and stuffed animals*

FlyingNy 06-09-2010 12:09 AM

Wow Felicia, that's a lot!

Thanks for telling me that April. I guess it's not so bad, just a defence mecanism for the lonliness, like Sarah said. I like them, especailly Sam, she's lovely a lot like me. She can be two different people and one of them's an Ice Queen. Poppy's the person I want to be.

I'd better go now as I have school later today. Night all wardies, thanks for listening to me and not calling me crazy! I have great friends in you guys. *Hugs all*

x

Scarletdreamer 06-09-2010 12:12 AM

G'night Lia, pleasant dreams to you as well!! *tucks you in your ward bed too, if you don't mind?* And you're welcome for telling you that. I've not told anyone else for fear of them thinking me super batty, lol, but as I said... I trust you guys. :) <3 *cuddles all*

Felicia, glad that the walk was good for you. :) Sleep well for a bit before finishing up homework, ugh, so glad that's past me. :P But anyway, hopefully you wake up in time to read more and are awake enough to do so!! ^_^ Don't forget to set an alarm, hehe. *hugs*

frenchhorn 06-09-2010 12:23 AM

i feel numb
want to cut to have some feeling

Kahlia1981 06-09-2010 12:33 AM

How do you know when it's time to run or time to just walk away???

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 12:35 AM

hmm =(

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 01:09 AM

Hmm anybody about?