RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Small_Black_Flower 10-03-2008 08:43 PM

Yup I be Emm.
Its my 2nd to last assesment for college, final major project , counts for like half my overall grade, some stupid reason I made this promise because I dont want to feel too self concious on stage.
I dunno what to die *cries more* and I have so much work to do before it..I'm not ready :-(
xx

chocostashchick 10-03-2008 08:57 PM

*waves hello to Emma and hugs Emm*
aww sweetie, you made the promise for yourself because it's what you want. stay strong! the stupid cycle makes us think that harming lets us feel better and is good for something, but it isn't and afterward all we feel is worse, with the same problems, and yet one more wound to hide.

i've pretty much taken up permanent residence in the camp so you can hang out in the Denial Tent as long as you like; we even have smores!
*feels proud*

just grab a blanket and take a seat and relax and take your time doing your work. you can do it! we'll cheer you on and sing some campfire songs so you have something to listen to whilst you work :)

Pomegranate 10-03-2008 08:58 PM

*hugs Emm* Work sucks...my life would be much easier if someone would give me a reputable degree from a good uni with no/very little work involved!

So is the assessment tonight (sorry didn't quite understand)? All you can do is try and prepare yourself as much as possible. Self harm may make things seem a bit better temporarily but as I'm sure you know, it won't solve the problem or make it disappear x

Small_Black_Flower 10-03-2008 09:07 PM

Thank you *hugs to everyone in the denial tent*
The assesment/gig is Next monday night, though I have 3 written assignments in preperation which I'm pretty much confused by and I dont understand. However Im so behind, If I dont hand them in tomorrow I'm gonna be in a lotta trouble i think.
Gah! *screams, grabs blanket though, campsite songs would be loverly*
you guys are so lovely

xx

effervescence 10-03-2008 09:30 PM

SMORESSSSSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bringing this tent in has got to be one of the BEST things I have ever done :D
i STILL havent had a parcel i am waiting for from my boyfriend in england. which he sent aaaaaages ago for my birthday, which was on the 1st. grr. grrrrrrr.
I Am Not Happy.
I had an awful day yesterday, so much **** happened and i was sick, so hopefully today will be a good day. Ha. What are the chances of that?? I have to go and be in a pschology experiment this morning (oh the irony) and have lectures till 7. Argh. iwanttocutiwanttocutiwanttocutiwanttocut

effervescence 10-03-2008 09:32 PM

o and the talk of marshmellows and fires has brought to mind the song "chesnuts roasting on an open fire" *sings the 1st line over and over cos its all i can remember*

chocostashchick 10-03-2008 10:24 PM

*jumps around singing too*
chestnuts roasting on an open fire
JACK FROST NIPPING AT YOUR NOSE
yay i remembered the second line, Chloe! but that's all i know, so we can just sing the first two lines!
i hope participating in the experiment goes okay. i've done those! can be fun, and also a little scary sometimes, but it's nice to know you are helping research! (i did one where i had to wear this vest for 2 days that monitored my heartrate and breathing, was very annoying)

*sets out little lapdesks for Emm, Helen, Chloe and Emma*
now you all can get your homework and reading done and you don't have to leave the Denial Tent!
Helen, when you are in that class, just remember that you are actually in the camp with us and per Denial Tent Law, everything is safe and lovely and non-stressy and non-triggery
and Emma and Emm and Chloe, you can work away and catch up and i will make lots of smores and tea and stuff

*flits about campsite putting more wood on the campfire*

have i mentioned that i love virtual camping?

Small_Black_Flower 10-03-2008 10:32 PM

Thank You!
assignments not so scary in denial tent, *tries best to get on with work*
oo yes I love virtual camping too, all the fun none of the rain
did i mentain its torrential downpour outside my house?! I just went out for cigarette and nearly drowned!
*feels more secure in the safeness of the denial tent...will pretend I'm here when Im at college too...and when I see the psycotherapist tomorrow*
*huge lovely warm camping hugs*
xx

~*forever_broken*~ 10-03-2008 10:55 PM

I've decided that only rich folks can afford to go nuts... I certainly can't afford it... I'd love to be able to just give in and go completly nuts for a while but I can't afford the time off from work or anything like that...

*hugs everyone*

Sorry Callie, sounds like you're getting the run-around my dear RYL twin. I wish I had some advice for you.

*hugs Emm*
Uni is a bear especially when you're trying to finish and you're just not feeling up to par. I'm trying to finish this spring and it's been an uphill battle. Good luck hun

*offers Emm some freshly baked muffins and the offers them around the tent*

effervescence, I'm sorry things haven't been going as you'd like. I hope your parcel comes soon...

Emma and Callie, thanks. I'm going tomorrow but I'm not looking forward to it... I was alright until he emailed me telling me I should throw out the Tylenol and all that... I guess he didn't handle it as well as I had thought... The fact that he thinks throwing it out makes me feel like... Oh I don't know, like someone that is mentally ill and needs to be taken care of lol :crying: which I suppose is what I am but I hate it... I'm such a hypocrit. I'm a psychology major for crying out loud! I want to become a counselor! I see nothing wrong, have no bad opinion of others who are mentally ill in one way or another but I can't seem to extend the same acceptance and understanding to myself...

Sorry, another rant.

*takes a s'more and passes around some tea*

chocostashchick 10-03-2008 11:21 PM

*starts poking campfire with a stick and watches the sparks and embers float around*
weeeeee

effervescence 10-03-2008 11:55 PM

oooh, sparks. one of the questions in my post-experiment personality test was "does watching an open fire inspire you"?
Chesnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.

- yay for google! that's all your getting for now

effervescence 10-03-2008 11:56 PM

A better song just came up on my ipod (which is on shuffle and occasionly plays things ive forgotten about):

"Don't worry, be happy"
yay for Bob Marley

effervescence 10-03-2008 11:57 PM

still no ****ing parcel

MammaMia 11-03-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocostashchick (Post 617871)
*sets out little lapdesks for Emm, Helen, Chloe and Emma*
now you all can get your homework and reading done and you don't have to leave the Denial Tent!

Helen, when you are in that class, just remember that you are actually in the camp with us and per Denial Tent Law, everything is safe and lovely and non-stressy and non-triggery

Thank yoooooou :hop:

GRR IT'S GETTING WORSE :crying:

chocostashchick 11-03-2008 12:22 AM

*in a clever ruse to distract herself from her overwhelming anxiety and the fact that she still hasn't found another real job, is wasting her time on stupid temp jobs that are really boring, and hasn't at all gotten any closer to choosing a grad program to apply to, callie continues to prod the campfire with a stick and sing the opening lines to "chestnuts roasting" and "don't worry be happy"*

WHY THE HELL WON'T ANY FVCKING THERAPISTS CALL ME BACK

i am sorry you don't have your package yet Chloe
i should warn you that i accummulate an astonishing amount of bad luck (i am cursed in case you didn't know) so i fear that it is your association with me that has caused your birthday package to have disappeared into limbo

miss Alyssa, your appt will be good and i bet you will be less nervous about what your therapist thought once you talk about it - won't it be worse wondering what he is thinking than actually talking about it and knowing for sure?

Emm good luck with the psychotherapist tomorrow! haha maybe you can tell him that you really live in a Denial Tent and see what he says!! teehee
no really it will be great and remember that if you are nervous, we are all here in the camp cheering for you

what's getting worse, Helen luv?

Bella_forever 11-03-2008 12:47 AM

*sleeps on the couch her the lobby. wakes up yawns and walks to black flower and eats some popcorn*

chocostashchick 11-03-2008 01:16 AM

*welcomes Hailee Marie with a plate of smores and tea and stuff*
HI welcome to the Official RYL Virtual Campsite!!!
we have a camp with a campfire and a tent and everything!!!!
the tent is the Denial Tent where we can come and hide from our problems, it's lovely
stay as long as you like

SEEING AS THE THERAPIST FINALLY CALLED ME BACK AND ALSO SAID THAT HE WAS NOT EXPERIENCED WITH SI (EXCEPT FOR THE DBT PROGRAM THAT DOESNT ACCEPT MY INSURANCE THE BASTARDS), LIKE EVERY OTHER EFFING THERAPIST I HAVE CALLED, I WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE LEAVING THE CAMP EVER

Detour. Derail 11-03-2008 01:45 AM

*walks in*
*breaks down in a heap on the floor*
*cries*
Can I stay here for a bit please?
Everything is going wrong :pinch:

I'll stay in the corner out of your way and everything...:crying:

chocostashchick 11-03-2008 01:50 AM

hey Alexx
welcome to the camp, stay as long as you like
or forever
i'm staying forever and would love company
*opens flap in Denial Tent and passes Alexx a blanket*

*continues singing DONT WORRY BE HAPPY while sniffling and poking the ground with a stick because the campfire went out and i don't want to move anymore*

Small_Black_Flower 11-03-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells (Post 618475)
This feeling....I really want to do it even more now....:-( I really should go to sleep, will someone tuck me up, hug me, lie with me and make me believe it'll be okay once I go to sleep...or somthing? :pinch:

I'll stay with you all night if you need hun..i dont seem to sleep anymore!

*hugs Alexx and welcomes her to the denial tent*
*hugs callie, and Halie Marie (hands out more popcorn)*
*tucks helen into bed* (it will be ok)
*hugs her and lies down in blanket next to helen*
*humms dont worry be happy*

I think I might take up permanent residence here! its a nice environment
lots of loverly people about xx