RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

one_step_closer 25-06-2022 04:49 PM

Hi Dawn. Did you manage to miss the rain or did you have something on? Did the rain help with the heat? It's mostly been really windy here all day along with cloudy and sunny patches.

not_so_insig 25-06-2022 05:05 PM

Yes I had something on but fortunately it stopped by the time I had got out of the car. It's much cooler here today.

Cacoethes 25-06-2022 06:05 PM

Dopamine land was awesome!
Hard to explain exactly but we had popcorn and cocktails! My first cocktail they put a smoke bubble on it!
Second cocktail had bubbles in it!
There was a pillow fight room so we whacked each other with pillows for a bit XD
and a room all mirrors with balls of light on strings going from floor to ceiling
A forest room and a craft room to play with photos on an overhead projector and a room where you stepped on like paving slabs of light and they lit up and made noises when you stepped on them and you had to find a path out!
Really nice to do something different!
Highly recommend it if you're ever in London!

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 08:06 AM

Morning guys!
I slept until 8am!!!

nonperson 26-06-2022 01:53 PM

Woo for lie ins.

I slept until, I dunno, like 9ish or something and then dozed for a bit. But I didn't get home from my friend's until gone 12:30 last night so I was shattered.

one_step_closer 26-06-2022 02:04 PM

Afternoon everyone.

I'm glad you enjoyed Dopamine Land, Beckie. I saw some of your pictures. Yay for having a lie in but you were on here as soon as you got up? Or are the times on here wrong?

Can you have a nice restful day then NP? Or do you have stuff you need/want to do?

I got up after 12. I need to sort myself out. I need to be up earlier on Tuesday and Wednesday because I'm getting a gas check on Tuesday and seeing my brother on Wednesday if the trains will allow.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 02:16 PM

Did you have a good time with your friend np?

I might have been.
My usual routine is get up, get dressed, toilet, check fb/ryl/games. My friend was still waking up so didn't want to bother him!

Hopefully you'll be ok for those days lindsay!
Will the gas check person call you before they come?
My gas person calls 20-30 mins before he's going to arrive.

nonperson 26-06-2022 03:05 PM

I did have a good time. I hadn't seen her all week so we had lots to talk about. And I partially fixed her bike tyre so that was a win.

I'm having a chilled day. Nothing I really need or want to do, nothing more challenging than laundry and changing bedding anyway. How is it 3pm already though?!

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 03:16 PM

Ah that's good :)

Yes today has gone quite fast!
I'm home now.
Got home to 2 offical looking letters
Council tax. First one saying i can get the £150 rebate. Yay! And the second one is my next instalment is £90. Not so yay.
I really don't understand all this council tax stuff.

nonperson 26-06-2022 04:00 PM

In what way?

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 04:07 PM

Just really don't know how much I'm meant to be paying and when and how it's worked out.
The only other time I've had to pay it was when i had a job for 9 months 8 years ago!!! So i can't remember a thing.

nonperson 26-06-2022 04:11 PM

How much will depend on what band your house is in and the amounts are different for each council. Then it's split into 10 monthly payments, or you can request for 12 monthly payments so it'd be cheaper per month, and you get the single person discount too. I can log in to my council's website and it tells me the band and payments and stuff.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 04:18 PM

I think I'm on 12 monthly because of being in hospital and not having my details (they had sent the password to my account in the post which i obvs could not get)
I have logged into my account but it says something different every time!
I think i need to call them or go to the CAB or something to go through my account with me

one_step_closer 26-06-2022 05:06 PM

All money stuff baffles me. I hope you can go to cab or find someone to help you understand more, Beckie. You must be doing everything speedily to be on RYL six minutes after you got up!

How's your day going NP? What do you do when you have time to spare?

I'll likely get a call early on Tuesday from a support worker to see if I've got covid symptoms and if I'm going to the gym group so hopefully I'll just stay up once I've told them I've got a gas check. So that's one day that should be ok. Someone might phone me again on Wednesday for the same check to see if I can go to the walking group if they don't get the message that I will leave on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get up early anyway, just tell myself I need to get up to see my brother.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 05:13 PM

I don't mess around when i do stuff!
I get up the minute i wake up, no lying in bed or phone scrolling, i generally only wear jeans and a t shirt so very easy to grab stuff off the rail and get dressed!
I do everything quickly. It's why I'm in and out of asda in less than 10 minutes. No messing about!

Thanks! I'm sure if i owed them loads i would have had some demanding letters by now!

Fingers crossed for you lindsay!

nonperson 26-06-2022 05:15 PM

That's weird it's different every time. You'd be automatically put on 10 month payments not 12 unless you request it though. CAB is definitely a good shout.

I don't really have time to spare. It's more like time spent procrastinated and avoiding the things I should be doing. =P I have literally wasted the time away today with lots of random internetting, multiple visits to the fridge, watching Kerrang on the tv, sitting around outside and brushing the cat in between doing laundry stuff.

One day is still better than no days, Lindsay. I think you're doing really well and just maybe need to give yourself a bit of a break. <3

one_step_closer 26-06-2022 05:23 PM

*flash of something* Oh, there goes Beckie! :laugh:

NP, it's ok to 'waste' a day if you're doing things for yourself and have a less busy day than usual. Enjoy the time you have. Maybe you could do some important things each day but mostly just take some time for you.

I'm not doing well if I'm getting up between 10am and 12.30am. It's getting later some days. I really need to be back to 9am most days. I must just be lazy. I spent about 3 weeks getting daily to almost daily 9am wake up calls and as soon as they stopped I started sleeping later. I am a failure.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 05:41 PM

Yeah i was on 10 month payments but they changed it to 12 months after person in hospital called them. Well, we had a 3 way conversation with council people.

Agree with lindsay. Wasting a day is totally fine!

Lol lindsay! I am rather speedy! XD

I don't think you're lazy OR a failure. Some people just have a hard time getting up. I know i used to.
Could it be your medication?

nonperson 26-06-2022 07:46 PM

If you're lazy for getting up late then I'm lazy for doing nothing with my day. =)

I haven't made any plans for the week other than Saturday. People keep telling me I should go away for a few days or go to the cinema or visit a garden or something but I really want to just lock myself away for a week and do yoga or cycling if I feel like it and maybe chip away at a few chores. I know what they mean about going away somewhere because we live where we work but I don't think that's right for me. Or it might be, but who knows. =/

Beckie doing chores in town:

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 08:03 PM

They're your days off, you do whatever you want to!
Not everyone wants to be doing things all the time!
Each to their own and all that

Ahaha! Definitely me!

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:10 PM

I know. I think the problem is that I would like to go away but y'know... there are too many issues associated with that. And I don't really know what is right for me to be doing. Going away isn't restful, staying at home isn't always restful and being at work constantly isn't restful either!

It was either that gif or this one:

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 08:12 PM

Where would you go if you could go anywhere at all?

Hahaah! Saying that to myself next time I'm in asda XD

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:16 PM

Pff, easy question. Disney World or Universal in Florida.

Or maybe Scotland.

"Game on" is a good motto to live by! I quite often drive to work to a song called "Let's Get The Party Started". Not the one by Pink though.

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:17 PM

https://youtu.be/f9V6pTInnr4

Actually I'm gonna put a trig warning on this because some of the lyrics are a bit intense. Or the whole song really.

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:17 PM

Alright you mother****ers, let's get this party started. XD

Says it all about the people I work with.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 08:23 PM

I would LOVE to go to universal!
Not too fussed on disney
Scotland is good too! Beautiful country!

That song is excellent and is going on my playlist!

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:29 PM

Why not Disney?!

It IS excellent. Thought you might like it.

Tom Morello's done a load of collaborations with other artists and they're all different but really cool.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 08:33 PM

Hot, crowded, overly expensive!

I'll have to check him out!

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:35 PM

Tom Morello of RATM and Audioslave fame.

Universal is the same!

not_so_insig 26-06-2022 08:40 PM

I would like to meet Lorraine one day and she lives in Scotland. Therefore I vote Scotland too.

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 08:40 PM

Ohh!
I haven't listened to much audioslave but i do like ratm!!

Indeed! But universal has harry potter and jurassic world attractions!

nonperson 26-06-2022 08:51 PM

All the best people are from Scotland.

Except one.

Universal has HP and that is AWESOME beyond belief but also Disney has a lot of cool stuff, like pirates and Tigger and oh god I can't even remember any more.

Edit: Disney has Star Wars in the LA one!

Cacoethes 26-06-2022 09:02 PM

Oooh star wars! I could get behind that!
I'd most likely enjoy it if i went tbh!

I saw that universal had a jaws ride ages ago. So gutted i missed it!
There is one in Japan apparently though

nonperson 26-06-2022 09:31 PM

Star Wars land is amazing!

I went on the old Jaws ride! Absolutely ****ing gutted they got rid of it. I was about to say they probably replaced it with something **** but actually google tells me they replaced it with Diagon Alley. That's a heart wrenching feeling.

nonperson 26-06-2022 09:32 PM

At Star Wars land they even sell coca cola in Star Wars style plastic cans. I bought one without ever intending to drink the contents simply because they were so cool.

Just so you know. XD

Cacoethes 27-06-2022 08:02 AM

Ok i really want to go now!

Morning everyone!

nonperson 27-06-2022 12:48 PM

Morning all.

What's everyone up to today?

Edit: Actually afternoon. When did that happen? o.O

not_so_insig 27-06-2022 01:19 PM

I am off to the vets today and apart from that nothing planned.

nonperson 27-06-2022 01:24 PM

I hope it goes ok, Dawn. I remember going to do the same thing a few years ago. It's not easy <3

Cacoethes 27-06-2022 01:48 PM

Hope it goes ok dawn
Sending love

I had someone pick up something i put on the local free site. Then i went to the post office and sainsburys. And then a newsagent to top up gas and electric because stupid sainsburys don't do it. I'm telling you, i was completely out of my depth in sainsburys! I had no clue where anything was! I wandered aimlessly for a few minutes trying to get acclimatised.
BUT my eon gas issue seems to have resolved! I topped up £10 today fully expecting it all to be sucked up into a debt i don't have like it has done for the last 3ish months!
But huzzah! It all went on the credit! So i can stop getting stressed out about that. I just have to remember to top up regularly.
Anyway, that's been my day!
Just need to shower tonight.

Sorry for the essay!

How are you np?

nonperson 27-06-2022 01:55 PM

I like Sainsburys =) but yeah it's a horrible feeling walking into a different shop and not knowing where anything is, even a different one of the same chain!

That's so good your top up issues seem to be fixed finally.

I'm meh... struggling a bit today. Gonna go some yoga in a sec, see if some physical activity focuses me a bit. =/

And I still need to ring the opticians, eek.

Cacoethes 27-06-2022 02:27 PM

Yes that's true!
I did go and have a look at the ciders though and they have mango and raspberry rekorderlig! My absolute favourite. They have a better selection of cider than asda.

I'm honestly so relieved. I was getting super stressed about it!

Sorry to hear that np
Hopefully the yoga helps!

Fun times! Hope the call goes ok!

one_step_closer 27-06-2022 02:49 PM

I hope I'm not the bad one from Scotland NP! Have you found something that you'd like to do?

I hope it goes ok at the vet, Dawn.

I'm glad your problems with eon seem to be sorted, Beckie.

not_so_insig 27-06-2022 03:04 PM

Thanks everyone it is appreciated xxx.

I am glad you finally have credit on your meter Beckie.

Cacoethes 27-06-2022 03:18 PM

Thank you both :)

It's raining very heavily here!
What's the weather report from elsewhere in the uk guys?!

nonperson 27-06-2022 03:21 PM

Of course you're not the bad one from Scotland, Lindsay! I was referring to my old supervisor but she left here and returned to Glasgow so she's your problem now, lol. ;-) Everyone else I know from Scotland are all awesome people.

Haven't found anything to do but I might take a trip into a town and drop off stuff to a charity shop.

Yoga was brutal! I decided to boost the core strength exercises and omg, harsh. The app must hate me because wow. It threw together all my least favourite poses (because they're the hardest) and then raised its game by taking them to the next level. But it did also put in crow pose which is one of my favourites. I get a lot of joy from that one for some reason.

So... I am pooped and will probably be back here tomorrow complaining that I can't move because my stomach muscles hurt so much.

Who said exercise was good...

nonperson 27-06-2022 03:22 PM

Oh, weather report is that it's very sketchy here today! Rain showers earlier but it's a blue semi-cloudy sky now. I wish the wind would go away though.

not_so_insig 27-06-2022 03:30 PM

It's sunny but windy here.

Cacoethes 27-06-2022 03:43 PM

Well done for persevering np!
I'm sure your body will thank you...eventually!

I'm thinking of doing a pilates class. A new pilates studio has just opened in town.

It has now gone from very heavy rain to sunny and partly cloudy!
The wind is indeed annoying!

nonperson 27-06-2022 03:58 PM

I've never done pilates but I think there's a bit of crossover between that and yoga sometimes.

I think you're getting my weather on delay. It's gone cloudy and grey here again.