RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Eir 29-03-2016 05:50 AM

2-3 hrs isn't even considered part-time here. Our government set the bar at 15 hrs/week for DSP. The system there seems rather dumb. :-/
Back at work again. Slept ok. Better today because rhythm and routine. Ignore the triggers but gotta do something about them soon.
I don't like this responsible part of adulthood. It's firetrucked. But someone's gotta do it. The man isn't capable. I'm great at burying the crap to get sugar-honey-ice-tea done. But I'm sick of it being my responsibility alone. Sick to death of it.

Doikers 29-03-2016 10:39 AM

Well I think it's 16 hours a week here but I just cannot cope with that , what with one MH thing after another I don't even recall when the last time was I worked let alone what it was . . . .

Can I just ask who is cool with hugs here please ? I don't wanna overstep the mark.

I don't like adulthood either Eir , Then again I didn't like being a kid so . . . .

Hope you all Have/ are Having/Had a decent Tuesday :)

Eir 29-03-2016 02:12 PM

*hugs for Mark* I never mind hugs. Hugs are good. I'm Anna BTW.
I didn't like childhood either. Generally dislike existing.
Made it through another shift. I love my job. I just am struggling. They've made it hard.
I'm a bit vacant right now. Overwhelming impulse to hurt myself. But nothing's particularly wrong.
Hugs and cookies for all who want them. I'm just gonna find a bookcase to sit up on top of.

Kahlia1981 29-03-2016 03:51 PM

Hello Annie, Mark, Kat, Drew and SilentGirl and anyone I may have missed

First I am giving *hugs* to anyone who wants or needs them and is comfortable with accepting them. I will also give *safe hugs* to anyone who wants or needs them and can accept them.

Right now my mood is extremely low and I am constantly having strong urges to SI and attempt suicide. My back injuries are definitely contributing since I'm 34 years old and unable to walk without a wheelie walker and frequently require a wheelchair just to get around. I really don't want to be here in this life anymore. *sigh*

Kathryn_Anna 29-03-2016 04:58 PM

I am always open to hugs. Something about a good hug always calms me enough to think a little more clear.

Glad you made it through your shift Anna.

Sorry you have back troubles Kahlia. I've got minor back issues so I can only imagine how you feel. *hugs*

I'm doing OK. No urges to sh at the moment. But I find myself more often than not on sensory overload. It just gets too overwhelming at times.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Doikers 29-03-2016 11:57 PM

I shall *Glomp you all* Remember a Glomp Kahlia? :P]

Drewbles 30-03-2016 12:25 AM

Hugs are usually nice.
*sends peace and snowflakes to all*

Eir 30-03-2016 06:15 AM

So had performance appraisal today. Work is aware I'm struggling. They are gonna change the wing I work. So that is terrifying, cos I need to work out a routine again.
Just plain old flat today. Eh.

Kahlia1981 30-03-2016 07:36 AM

Hey Kat, I count myself lucky that the nerve root compression misses those needed for bladder and bowel control. Don't get me wrong, I would dearly love the pain to go away but I'm fully aware that that won't happen until after the surgery. *sigh*

Yep I definitely remember the Glomp big brother.... *glomps you right back*

Annie I'm sending you all my thoughts and wishes that things will be okay.

As hugs are nice Drew I'm sending you heaps. *hugs*

My husband and his daughter have left for a couple of nights on an island close to us. Since they have left the only thing that I have been thinking about is harming myself. Every single plan for every single option that I have is just going around and around in my head and I don't know what will stop it.

*Disappears into her pillow fort with her bear, a hot chocolate and some biscuits immediately after leaving heaps of both on the table*

Eir 30-03-2016 09:31 AM

It's a pity you couldn't join them Kahlia. I hear the island is beautiful. Never had the chance to go myself, maybe next time I'm up your way Ill go. If finances permit. Love to meet you too.
Be safe. Thinking of you

Doikers 30-03-2016 02:10 PM

I'm going to just sit in here for a bit if okay . . . .

Drewbles 01-04-2016 04:33 AM

me too, if that's ok Mark (is it ok to call you Mark or should I call you Doikers?)
*wraps a blanket around my shoulders and sinks against the wall quietly*
Thank-you for the hugs Kahlia. I'll store some for later.

Is everyone ok today?

Kahlia1981 01-04-2016 04:36 AM

Thanks Annie. Magnetic Island is beautiful and apparently has one of the best sunset views in the world, or so the chick who was trying to pick up my husband says.... Lol, considering he was openly wearing his wedding ring and she didn't really cool down until she learned he was there with his daughter. Cooled down might not be the right term though.... She checked out of her room at 10:00, came back around 14:00 to "collect something" she had left behind and then went into the communal bathroom and took a full shower and stood naked and then with fluorescent underwear on in the corridor smiling at my husband as he walked past. He only saw her because of the colour of the underwear and the fact that she was standing in the walkway. It really cracks me up.

Hey big brother, you know it's always okay to sit here as long as you need. *hugs* I'm always here for you Mark.

Really not feeling all that crash hot but I guess that's life. I won't put everything in here, it'll be on the last page of my support thread for anyone interested.

*leaves brownies, hot chocolates and cookies on the table*

*hugs* and *safe hugs* for anyone who needs/wants them

Kahlia1981 01-04-2016 04:37 AM

Thanks Drew. There will always be hugs around here if you want/need them.

Drewbles 01-04-2016 04:54 AM

That's an excellent resource to have. I'll try to remember that.
Sorry you're feeling unwell

Kahlia1981 01-04-2016 05:49 AM

God, as if being 34 years of age and having to use a wheelie walker wasn't bad enough, 2 near falls today mean I'm having to use the wheelchair until I can prove my legs are stable enough for me to use the walker and I can only leave the house in the wheelchair.

I'm sorry, I know there are a lot of people, both younger and older, that are in much worse situations than I am, but I'm really struggling with the dramatic change from fully mobile to using a wheelie walker all because the hospital refused to give me an orthopedic bed and refused to assist when I awoke unable to move both my legs.

Sorry for that everyone, probably TMI..

*Grabs a pillow, blanket and bear and heads into a corner to cry*

Kahlia1981 01-04-2016 06:17 AM

I'm really starting to think we need a positive post thread where anyone in Vets can post whatever positive things they can find, just to help us all remember that our lives aren't all negative. I'm happy to create the thread if anyone else thinks it might be a good idea.

Eir 01-04-2016 12:11 PM

Love that idea Kahlia. Not sure I have anything to share yet. But I'll keep an eye out.

Doikers 01-04-2016 12:39 PM

I think that's a fab idea Kahlia :)

Yes , I go my Mark , Ribbons , so you can call me Mark if you feel comfy with that :)

Kahlia1981 01-04-2016 01:57 PM

So, with two people agreeing with me on this one I have created a thread. I called it the positive post thread as I wanted it to be clear for everyone. Please feel free to read and contribute as you may be surprised by how many positives you can find or by how much you can relate to other people's positive's. The Positive Post Thread