RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 08:28 PM

Jeremy it is then =)
Just Ku for me, slight paranoia surrounding the real name and being found.
My sleeping was so awful around exam time, exams are actually evil!
Sure you'll do fine.
*hugs zowie back* you ok hun?

blondiebear 16-06-2008 08:51 PM

Hugs all around.

Matthew, what's going on? How may we help you?

I run on emotional delayed reaction so the sadness of Father's day is still kicking me. And the potential loss of that meeting. I realize that the woman with whom I had the argument is pushing the buttons that my mother programmed. So I'm wearing my mouring bracelets today.

I have to go out. It is 90F. My car does not have a/c, not even a working fan. And I have a choice between a long sleeve shirt or disgusting gooey sunscreen. Pass the shirt.

shadowedseraph 16-06-2008 09:20 PM

*crys* i need a hug

~*forever_broken*~ 16-06-2008 09:32 PM

*hugs shadowedseraph*

lol Ku, I've been telling him that (Jeremy) for a long time :-D

*sigh*
Where to start? How about my room mate waking me up with the question 'Alyssa? Do you have any towels?' Whereupon I discover that she's managed to clog the toilet and some how the tank has been cracked (I suspect by her but she said she didn't know) and there's water EVERY where:pinch: I did most of the sopping up, I called maintenance, talked to them, all that good stuff. And then I re washed the floor after the guys who came in to clean up (they didn't do a good job) and I will be the one to clean the bath once the sopping wet bath mat is taken out to be washed (it's disgusting what wound up in the bath:pinch:). She IS going to wash the towels, though that is mostly because she's the one with the laundry money.

So, in the middle of this mornings mess I went to my therapy session. Oh fun times:eyeroll: actually it wasn't that bad... Felt a little weird having not filled out my intake sheet but like I said earlier I couldn't... Strange I know but true. So had to try and explain that... Actually I spent most of the time trying to convince him the fact that I'm 'done' and that I just really don't care about anything anymore, have no motivation... That there isn't me trying to escape some uncomfortable, scary, or otherwise undesirable emotion... That the 'death' (or disappearance) of my plans was not to avoid any possible failure... That it's just what is, all very straight forward and all that... And I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe me:blink:. AND I've got homework on my 'favourite' subject, mindfulness (I can't explain it well but you can check this site out mindfulness.com or google it...)

*yawns and retreats to her corner for a nap*

Pomegranate 16-06-2008 09:46 PM

Urrrghhh sorry Ally, I hate having to sort out practical stuff like that. Hope its sorted now though.
Glad therapy wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Just had a look at that mindfullness website and it completely ****ed with my head lol. Don't envy you that one. Far too much for me to get my head round without going completely insane! Sorry he didn't really get what you were trying to say but I'm very proud of you for trying to convey it. *hugs* hope you are alright now.

*huggles shadowedseraph* Are you alright sweetie? Whats up?

Jeremy- you rock. Simply as. Just wanted to remind you of that x

*hugs Susan* sorry today is difficult for you and yuck at the heat!!! Anything above 75+ and I feel ill, 90 must be horrible!

*leaves more hugs for Ku, Alexx and anyone who needs them*

Try and sleep Alexx, it may make you feel better hun. Are your exams over now? xx

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 09:51 PM

*hugs shadowedseraph*
*hugs pomegranate*
Ally that sounds like a nightmare situation! glad it's over now though *hugs*

Detour. Derail 16-06-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuwairo (Post 854439)
Alexx hun I know that feeling *hugs*
Have you tried anything to help you sleep? Relaxation, herbal tablets, sleeping tablets?

Ive tried all that :blink:
Im just pathetic and dont FUNCTION when I'm single. I cant eat...or eat too much...and I dont sleep because I dont feel safe...I dont know why...but I'm just stupid like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 854872)

Try and sleep Alexx, it may make you feel better hun. Are your exams over now? xx

Yes they are over...thank god. Just have to wait for the results now *bites nails*
xxxxxxxxx

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:09 PM

You're not pathetic AT ALL.
Nope.
Trip to the docs may be in order though, see if anything else will help?
My boyfriend has the same issue. Before I got with him he hated going to sleep because he was by himself.
So if you're stupid so is he, and hundreds of others (and you're not, I promise you)

lil-princess 16-06-2008 10:13 PM

*hugs for everyone*

Sorry i'm no good at advice right now :( im seriously pissed off with msn it isn't letting me on there at all, so i'm stressing trying to get it to work and stressing over loads of s*** at the moment so sorry everyone.

xxxxxxx

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:17 PM

^ don't be sorry, no one can advise everyone all the time, so focus on yourself for a bit *hugs*
msn can be an arse sometimes - if there's someone you want to talk to could you email them instead, or use that weird facebook instant message thing?

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 10:22 PM

Hey everyone
Just popping in :-)
Had a massive anxiety attack this morning on the way to meet my boyfriend o.O
Not a clue why :-(

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:24 PM

^*MASSIVE hugs*
They're so horrible, aren't they?
How were you feeling before? Were you thinking about something that makes you anxious? Or were you doing something new with your boyfriend?
Anxiety's horrible to live with, I hope you're ok

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 10:29 PM

It just gripped me as I was walking to his; I felt like crying, couldn't breath, legs just wouldn't work.
No, wasn't thinking about anything in particular really :/
I'd have preferred my doctor to put me on something to ease it, but she didn't even talk to me about it, had to rely on people on here to fill in the blanks :/
*Massive hugs back, offers plate of muffins*

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:45 PM

mmm muffins, thanks!
You could go back? My doctor's just put me on antidepressants, for depression obviously. But he reckons they'll help with my anxiety and panic attacks too so maybe ask about something like that?

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 10:52 PM

She wasn't much use to be honest
I wouldn't want to risk seeing her, again
Part of me wants to go back, but when I went she wanted to admit me to hospital for my heart as it was o.O

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 11:00 PM

Isn't it worth getting your heart healthy hun?
Just ask her about it, or you could always see a different doctor, just about the anxiety?

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 11:02 PM

I was terrified :/
Course she didn't know about my heart murmur, as she didn't bother checking my notes but hey ho :/
I'm healthy :-)
Hearts a bit...mashed but its still beating so :-)

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 11:10 PM

Yay for it still beating. But if it needs treating then you should get it treated.
If you want some help for your anxiety hun I reckon you have to go back to see her. Just say look, my heart's not why I'm here, can you help me with this? And hopefully she will.

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 11:26 PM

You make for a convincing case...
It's something I'd need to build up the courage for...
There's a line in the sand, I'm working up the courage to cross it...
Just like I will for this next Manchester Meet :/
It's a real shame you can't come to this one hun :-(

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 11:51 PM

I just like people to get the help they need and deserve =)
You could maybe get someone to go with you?
I really wanna go! But it's just a bad day...so you should arrange one for before I go back to uni... :D
You'll have an ace time without me I'm sure.