RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

xxjuliexx 31-05-2010 05:59 AM

*sits in box and eats a orange*

Kahlia1981 31-05-2010 06:33 AM

*hugs Laura* - Maybe that's something to consider. First find out who you really are. What do you like/dislike, what do you enjoy and what makes you you? It could be a long process, but it might be worth it. I don't know. Can I ask though, when you do something now - like going to uni for example - who do you do it for? I'm sorry if I'm being a pain in the arse or asking questions that you don't want to answer. Also if I'm being nosy. It just seems to me that it must be hard if you don't know who you are when it comes time to make big life decisions - the sort that everyone struggles with. You know should I marry him/her or should I leave this town to go to this city/uni/etc. But anyway my dear, you are important to us. *big huggles*

*huggles Julie* - oh, now I want an orange. Do you know what kind it is?

I just enroled for a course of study. I got really upset because it showed me at an address that I had previously lived at but had NEVER provided them with - and a home phone number where the same deal applied.

xxjuliexx 31-05-2010 06:35 AM

i dunno the orange kind

SoMuchMore 31-05-2010 07:00 AM

Kahlia - For the last 4 years of my life i have defined myself by other factors in my life that are mostly not in existence anymore. They all left and i was left lost.. So in the past, big life decisions had been made in reference to those others factors.. It was because of them that I even pictured a future for myself, I never thought i would make it this far in life, and now that none of them are there, i dont really know what to do. And I do uni because it is what i should do and its the only thing i am good at. I am smart enough for uni and I am smart enough to get a Master's degree after i graduate next year, so I do it because that is what i was always meant to do. That's the plan. Plus I can't go through life letting people see me as someone who is a nothing. Even if i feel like a nothing, i don't want other people to think of me like that. I guess thats part of my social anxiety issues.

Oh and that seems kinda strange about the address issues.. I wonder how they wouldve gotten the old info.

*hugs julie* An orange sounds good.. i think. Im actually allergic to oranges but they look/smell good usually :-)

katnovia 31-05-2010 07:58 AM

shadowed soul: I'm sorry I vanished last night and wasn't there for you.I had to take little rosie to bed, she just couldn't take it anymore. *holds you close* how are you feeling now?

me love cuddls helen *hug* helen and taz. me get better writting what you thin k?

*huggles taz*

*hugs julie, kahlia, laura and everyone else she's forgotton* *gets grumpy with self for having a **** memory*

Doikers 31-05-2010 10:13 AM

I'm going to stay at my Parents with my sister for the day , I at least will be safer there , safer from S.I. .Sorry for the lack of individual replies . I feel drained , ugh sorry .

Rosie I think you are getting better at writing yes :)

*Group Hugs*

shadowedsoul 31-05-2010 10:18 AM

Huggles kat, that's okay I completely understand. Hope
rosie feeling better today cuddles if that okay. Hmm I'm
in pain tryed walking about and can't even put my left
foot on the ground, not sure how I'm going to do an 8
hour shift today. *cuddles in kat and cries*

Doikers 31-05-2010 10:37 AM

Jill*Hugs* What did you do to your foot ? *Hugs Jills foot gently*

MammaMia 31-05-2010 12:04 PM

*cuddles everyone*

Taz, Laura, Kahlia, thank you ladies. I'm glad you agreed :) We'll be okay, we're the three musketeers LOL!! My best friend who was really upset last night is a bit better Jade & think my very long texts helped. She's coming online later YAY. My other best friend seems to be better too :) Keep thinking about how I don't want her to go into hospital in a few days (well less than 2 weeks) BUT I know she's got to go in & I want her to...

Rosie, your writing is getting better indeed *hugs you & Kat back lots*

shadowedsoul 31-05-2010 12:43 PM

hugs mark cheers Hun, hmm had argument with a freind
on the stair in her flat, yeah I know not a great Idea. Ended
up falling down the stair from half way up. my own fault
I wouldn't do what she asked and was being pigheaded.
so I'm walking about with a bit of a limp, my whole
body is screaming in pain and I have got an 8 hour ****
a head of me, great just great.

Doikers 31-05-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowedsoul (Post 2327074)
and I have got an 8 hour ****
a head of me, great just great.

I know it's not funny really but this typo made me smile;-)

Kitkat :) 31-05-2010 02:50 PM

Haven't had any urges today... Still feel odd though.

CrazyHayley 31-05-2010 05:44 PM

Hello there my fellow wardies!! *group huggle!!*

Oh my goodness, the past few days have been a bit crazy for me - good job I'm sane to cope with it! My best mate had a kind of breakdown due to the side effects of an anti-depressent that she was put on and ended up wanted to kill herself or be sectioned. But it turns out, when we called a doctor, that she was put on the wrong medication, so now she's got to have withdrawal but should then be much better. Bloody idiot doctors!! Anyhoo, so I was with her on my birthday and stayed a few days. We also went out on a 'random one' as we like to when in need of focusing our minds on happy things and both bought a house bunny rabbit!! (I know that you should never by a pet on a whim, so please don't tell me off, I've been wanting a pet for ages but hadn't got one cos I'm not actually allowed one in my tenancy agreement - whoops!) Anyhoo, I got back to my mine saturday night and have been getting Reginald (Reggie for short) settled in and this is the first chance I've had to get out my laptop and make sure the wires are out of nibbling reach! ......

....so I've missed 20pages which I'm afraid I haven't time to catch up on at the moment as I've other things to catch up with and birthday thank-you cards to make, but I was thinking of you all and wishing you well.

I'll try and check back in later and be a better wardie.

*toddles of into corner to make thank-you cards*

shadowedsoul 31-05-2010 05:44 PM

Lol sorry I just read what I wrote. Opps ment shift.

Doikers 31-05-2010 07:28 PM

Oh I'm so sorry Jill I didn't mean it in a mean way :( sorry....

katnovia 31-05-2010 09:20 PM

*holds Jill gently as she cries* It's alright hunny. *rocks you softly* Have you thought about medical attention sweet?

*hugs mark and helen* i'll tell rosie to come on tommorrow so she can read your comments on her writing. She'll be so happy.

*rubs feet and nose* so cold. silly weather wont make up it's mind.

shadowedsoul 31-05-2010 10:03 PM

Mark hunni, I know you didn't mean anything nasty. When
I saw that burst out laughing, it's all good hunni.
Hmm cat nah doctors are muppets hopefully it will be okay
in a couple of days. holds on tightly, sorry for being clingy.

shadowedsoul 31-05-2010 10:09 PM

Sorry if that sounded shitty, just don't want my perents
to find out what really happened. didn't tell them the truth

Doikers 31-05-2010 10:19 PM

How was everyones bank holiday Monday and corresponding U.S. Holiday ?

I'm going to bed now , does anyone else on meds find they sleep an abnormal amounts , I mean I sleep 12 hours , then nap for 1-2 hours then sleep easily for the next 12 hours and am tired all of the time :S

Sorry

Night Night Wardmates:) *Hugs and waves*

Kahlia1981 31-05-2010 10:51 PM

*huggles/waves at everyone*

So cold. So very, very cold.
First day of winter here.
Wearing a cardigan and a hoodie and still cold. brrrrrrrrrrrr

Mark: Medications can do that to you. My housemate has had that issue with his meds before. It seems to have settled down a bit now though. When he first went back on his anti-psychotic he used to crash out about 45 minutes later and sleep for more than 12 hours and still crash out for a sleep the next afternoon. Have you had the problem for long? Or changed doses/added new meds? *offers hugs*

Jill: It sounds like you have been having a bad trot recently. How are you doing, both physically and mentally/emotionally? *huggles*

Kat: How are things going with you? I hope you are managing to stay warm. And please tell Rosie that her writing is definitely improving. :-) *offers hugs*

Hayley: *pounces on* Missed you over those 20 pages. Still managing to stay sane after the sanity injection? I used to have a reaction to anti-depressants where I wanted to commit suicide because of my scizo-affective disorder being bipolar type. The hospital here never figured that out. I hope that your friend is being put on a medication that's appropriate to what they need. A lot of doctors don't know how to ask the right questions before just prescribing what they think you need. Reggie the Rabbit sounds cute! I hope you are doing well. *huggles*

Helen: *huggles you and holds you tightly* I know it's a hard time for you, even when your friends are improving and I wish I had some words for you. However, all I have is *hugs* and a listening ear and a shoulder that you can cry on when you need it.

Kathryn: I'm glad you had no urges. How are you going now?

To everyone else: Sorry I haven't mentioned you by name, I just didn't want to leave anyone out. I'm thinking of you all and hoping that you are doing okay. I'm also hoping that you check in and let us know how you are doing, and how things are going in your world.

Remember: Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have difficulty remembering how to fly . . .

*leaves hugs, special care packages and stuffed animals in visible locations around the ward for people to collect when needed*