RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Eir 06-04-2016 03:59 PM

Yup that's fine. Are you Mark? Can I call you that? Any way, I survived. Still wanna hurt myself. Watching FMA brotherhood. Brother has netflix.
Kahlia, doctors can't help much if you're not honest, it's actually important to let them know about the pain. Yeah I'm a hypocrite in that regard. But it's true.
I hate crying at work. I was angry, and I cry when I'm angry. Then it turned into panic cos I was at work.
I spent most of the day prior to work and at work in a bit of a fugue of wanting to hurt myself. Then they were all difficult, and one in particular started on me. That's what did me in. I'm now in that post freak out stage where nothing touches me. The numbness makes me want to hurt myself. Whilst it's constant it's easy to control. Distraction and being supervised (dad's in the room, he knows I had a bad day but not that I'm unstable).
Coffee anyone?

Kahlia1981 06-04-2016 04:13 PM

I was fully honest with my GP today and he changed my pain medication to something stronger but we didn't have our safety net cards on us and the only pharmacy where we don't need the cards to get our scripts for free apparently sold the one bottle they get per month earlier that day. They can't get more until tomorrow afternoon so my husband will be dropping in there with the script after taking his daughter to spend time with her grandparents. It's just a trial but I really hope it helps. My husband knows how much pain I am in and why I don't want to go to the hospital right now.

Coffee sounds great by the way.

Eir 06-04-2016 05:03 PM

Coffee coffee coffee.
I have a slight (understatement) coffee addiction.
Also it took me 2episodes to realise there was another page.
I hope the new med helps. Speaking of which, I forgot mine.
I'm attempting bed. But not sleep.
Wish the weather would make up itS mind. I was hoping it would cool off soon.
I got some vague positives,
1- no more daylight savings!!!! I hate them. Hate them hatethemHATETHEM...
2- new roster with other wing also has weekends! YAY for weekend penalties.
3- coffee exists

Doikers 06-04-2016 05:10 PM

Got any Tea , Annie? :P Yes , it is perfectly fine for you to call me Mark :)

Daylight savings was 2-3 weeks ago here . . . . The World is odd.

Eir 06-04-2016 05:20 PM

I have "raspberry zing" which is lovely tea like stuff with hibiscus instead of tea leaves. I'm a bit freaked out by regular tea. I have a speil about why it freaks me out too. But I'm sure I can find some, any preference? English breakfast, lady or Earl Grey?
NSW is stupid. QLD doesn't do daylight savings. Daylight savings makes no sense.

Doikers 06-04-2016 05:32 PM

English Breakfast Please :) Can I ask why it freaks you out?

Eir 06-04-2016 05:48 PM

Tannin is used to make leather. Tannin is that drying after-taste you get from tea. I freak out over what it may do to my insides.
I deal with constant paranoia from over thinking things.... This is a small example.
Logically, I figure you cant tan your insides, seeing as the gastrointestinal tract is constantly renewing itself. But that doesn't stop me freaking out over it. I know it's irrational, especially as other things have tannin. Hence I label it paranoia.
My eyes are watering. I should attempt the sleep. Right sort of numB.
Not dangerous to self.
Night guys

Doikers 06-04-2016 06:16 PM

Good Night Annie :)

Kathryn_Anna 06-04-2016 11:45 PM

So done with today. Too overwhelmed at the moment and hubby won't be home for who knows how long. 2 kids won't stop screaming (one screams then the other does it for fun it feels like) and the 3rd kid won't stop shouting "I don't know!" when asked a question about a book he supposedly read for school. I can't do the homework for you kid, sorry. Then there's my son's anxiety med fiasco. I'll save that for another post :/

*crawls into her fort to hide from it all*

Drewbles 06-04-2016 11:47 PM

I hope you get decent rest Annie.
And I hope everyone else is doing alright too. *offers hugs to all*

It's sort of weird to me how important RYL has been as far as affect on my life because I haven't been active on here in a long time.

But I met my (now ex)partner here, who introduced me to my best friend, who I love very much.

It just makes me think of the intricate webs that form between people through time and space and how if I never turned out the way I did and never ended up here both the worst and best parts of my life would never exist.

And then, inevitably, I get anxious about the opportunities I've missed and the possible paths my life didn't go down. I start to feel like it's too late to be everything I want to be. It's like going from the top to the bottom with a loud crash. I wish I could enjoy the adventure.

I have been enjoying coffee flavoured ice cream this week though, so that's something.

Drewbles 06-04-2016 11:49 PM

I'm sorry things are overwhelming right now Kathryn_Anna. That sounds unbelievably frustrating. Offering you hugs. Let us know if we can help somehow?

Kahlia1981 07-04-2016 07:47 AM

Annie: I'm so thankful QLD got rid of daylight savings because it really didn't work. Here's something for you. *gives huge mugs of coffee and a coffee maker* Feel free to share as you see fit. ;-)

Mark: The world really is odd.. And for you *gives a mug of English Breakfast tea*

Kat: Sorry that things have been overwhelming and that you are having problems family difficulties. I am really hoping that the problems with your son's medications are resolved quickly.

Drew: RYL really does have an important role in a lot of our lives and we don't realise it until something causes us to think of it. Just like you I get stuck/caught in the what-ifs, and thinking about opportunities missed, different life paths and the choices I made that I could have not made. But you still have time in this life to make choices of what you want to be or do. Also, what you've been through has made you who you are today.

My head's really not in a good place right now. My pain level is really high and I am badly wishing that I could just get up and start walking again. I've been able to self-propel around the unit including in and out of the unit onto the patio which is not easy. To get out I have to go backwards across the rails of the doors and, immediately, down a slope so you have to get your hands from the wheels to the brakes very quickly. Going in means going backwards up a slope, over the rails and not hitting the coffee table. Fun.

*grabs her bear, a blanket and a pillow and disappears into a corner to cry*

Doikers 07-04-2016 11:14 AM

I hope you guy and gals are doing well :)

TY for the tea Kahlia :)

Today is not going to be a good one , I got up late as I am low , which means I won't be able to sleep well , so I get to mull that over all sodding day whilst feeling crap.

Eir 08-04-2016 10:50 AM

*hugs for Mark and Kahlia*
I'm in a weird space. Rather numB. Low-ish, but feel like nothing can touch me.
Last time I was like this, Aphazriel, one of the hallucinations, encouraged me to cut to come back to a feeling being. I'm on anti- psychotics so only quiet voices usually. But no visuals.
I could do an awful lot of damage to myself like this. But without the encouragement I probably won't. There's a want to, but I lack enough motivation, if that makes sense. I'm not sure I want to feel.
I miss my hallucinations. Is that weird?

Doikers 08-04-2016 12:13 PM

I don't know what to say Annie , but I don't think that it's weird *Offer Safe Hugs* ( Sorry if I got your name wrong )

Drewbles 08-04-2016 07:00 PM

I don't think you're weird.

Today I find out if I got into residence for college so that's kind of worrying/exciting. I'm a little worried that if I do get in I'll end up living with someone significantly younger than me and I envision that being a problem as far as maturity level and quiet studying goes.. But at least we'd only be sharing communal areas and not bedrooms. I guess this is what I get for putting college off by half a decade after high school :p

I'm sure I wont be the only one though. It'll be good for me to move away from where I am now regardless.

I woke up with a migraine that has since gotten better but I called into work because of it and I feel guilty.

I hope everyone is ok. Sending peace and more snowflakes again, as it's been snowing for a few days straight..

Doikers 09-04-2016 11:02 AM

Just wanted to wish you all a nice a weekend as it can be :)

Kahlia1981 09-04-2016 12:15 PM

I am really struggling with being in a wheelchair when I could walk perfectly fine only nine weeks ago. I know my appointment with the spinal surgeon is only next Friday but that might have to be delayed because my husband is worried he will go psychotic. If I trusted the local public ward that might be an easy situation which just cost me an appointment but I don't and, without private health insurance, we can't put him in the one private ward we have, so it'll all be up to me. Really don't need this now.

*disappears into her pillow fort to cry*

Doikers 09-04-2016 12:33 PM

*Squishes Kahlia* *Offers Hot Chocolate with mini Marshmellows*

Kahlia1981 09-04-2016 03:05 PM

Thanks big brother. *takes hot chocolate, says thank you, and sits down next to Mark enjoying the hot chocolate with mini marshmallows*

I've finally transferred from the wheelchair to the bed and my legs and ankles are thankful but the leg pain, plus the shoulder pain, plus the back pain is more than I can handle.

CaiteeBug 09-04-2016 03:14 PM

*flops on couch* Last night's Paranormal investigation totally drained me

Doikers 09-04-2016 05:15 PM

Hi Caiteebug :) I'm Mark , I dunno if we've met??

CaiteeBug 09-04-2016 11:51 PM

Hi Mark, I'm Caitlyn. I don't think we met. Nice to meet you. I don't usually post on the forums much, more of a chatroom person.

Doikers 10-04-2016 12:46 AM

Hiya Caitlyn . I can get really freaked out by chat :/

Kathryn_Anna 12-04-2016 01:28 AM

I swear my body hates me. Twisted my ankle, hurt knee still and both are on the right side. 2 kids are sick and down for the count. Hubby has a cold but he acts like it's the end of the world. I get a cold and life goes on as normal because it has to.

Sorry you're in so much pain Kahlia. *offers safe gentle hugs*

Hey Caitlin. Nice to see you out of chat :) It's been awhile!

Any update on residence Drew? Sorry to hear you had a migraine. I know when hubby and I get them we need a dark quiet room to nap for a bit to feel remotely better. I can't imagine working with one. Hopefully it's gone now for you.

Eir 12-04-2016 02:11 AM

Thanks.
Migraines look horrible. My partner gets them, and if he doesn't treat them in time he will throw up for hours. Most definitely wouldn't work with one, but I can understand the feeling horrible about calling in sick. I always feel bad about it, and because of some people calling in regularly we now need to contact the manager for approval to be sick. It's horrible.
Every sore person can have a heat pack shaped like a smiley face from me, if they think it might help.
Odd thing for the day, my phone auto corrects ruinl to think. Which is good cos that's what I was writing.
Still in weird space.

Doikers 12-04-2016 10:12 AM

Hello :) How are you all today?

Kathryn_Anna 12-04-2016 11:17 AM

I didn't get enough sleep. 6am and the day is just starting. We'll see how it goes.

How are you Mark?

Doikers 12-04-2016 12:44 PM

I'm quite anxious abut this Dr Appointment . . . . *Pop's on the Kettle*

Kathryn_Anna 12-04-2016 01:08 PM

*hugs* I'm sorry you are anxious. I definitely know how that goes. I hope it goes well for you <3

Eir 12-04-2016 04:47 PM

*waves, then curls up under a bed*

Doikers 12-04-2016 07:07 PM

Hey Annie , are you okay?

Doikers 12-04-2016 08:53 PM

If anyone is on here in the next 2 hours could they please shoot me a message?

Kathryn_Anna 13-04-2016 01:29 AM

*sits down and colors*

Doikers 13-04-2016 10:02 AM

*Sits with Kathryn and Colours too*

Eir 13-04-2016 01:51 PM

I wasn't. Not really ok right now either, but more able to function. Funeral, followed by therapy, followed by work. Work was good for the first time in a while. Funeral for best mates pop. Therapy was tears again.
Sorry I wasn't about earlier Mark. *gives out fancy colouring books and Derwent pencils*

Doikers 13-04-2016 02:32 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling not okay , *Offers Safe Hugs*

I am very very worried.

Eir 13-04-2016 02:38 PM

About Dr?

Doikers 13-04-2016 03:04 PM

In General. The State of the CMHT , My Sister and Dad .The fact that I am away from home and that is causing me to feel paranoid or worried that people are messing with my flat , putting up cameras and stuff . If it doesn't ease I'm going to have to take a Diaz .

Eir 13-04-2016 04:59 PM

*safe hugs*

CaiteeBug 13-04-2016 05:09 PM

Hey everyone!! It's been a number of days since I last posted in here. I hope Ya'll are doing the best you can.

I have been okay for the most part. Not much going on today except I'm waiting for the fiance to pick me up then we are going to the library to do some research then we are going to shoot our monthly local access paranormal tv show.

Kathryn_Anna 13-04-2016 09:38 PM

*offers everyone safe hugs*

I worked really hard today and I'm exhausted. I'm nervous about tomorrow. My son has a Dr's appointment and I have a feeling it's not going to go very well. I'm trying to prepare myself for it now but it's tough. I wish I didn't even have to go or at least hubby could go with me but he can't.

Doikers 13-04-2016 10:13 PM

Good luck to your son tomorrow , Kathryn :)

Kathryn_Anna 14-04-2016 04:21 PM

Thanks. It didn't go well. :( he is so backed up Dr doesn't think he can get cleaned out at home and it'll be another hospitalization. His anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how to help him. He's only 9 (well in 2 weeks).

Doikers 14-04-2016 09:42 PM

I'm sorry Kathryn :( *Offers Hugs*

How are y'all?

Kathryn_Anna 15-04-2016 12:47 PM

I'm trying to be positive this morning. I've loaded up on coffee, prepared to have more later too. Not quite ready to face the day but here it is so I guess I have to!

How are you today Mark?

YodaBearInterrupted 15-04-2016 03:49 PM

Having a really rough time right now... I just want to make it all go away... especially the Voices

*puts some cookies and brownies on the table*

*sits in the corner and stares at the wall

Doikers 15-04-2016 03:56 PM

I'm weary , Kathryn , Mentally and Phsyically .

Kathryn_Anna 15-04-2016 06:49 PM

*hugs* Mark. Care to talk about it?

I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now Matt. Anything we can do to help? *hugs*

Doikers 15-04-2016 07:44 PM

Hi Matt , Are you a hugger? *Waves*

Just worn out from 3 year old tomorrow Nephew after 85 year old Granny with vascular dementia who was just repeating over and over she wanted to die and listing methods for about an hour this morning.