RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Scarletdreamer 08-05-2010 12:19 AM

*cuddles Oliver* I'll try and do something relaxing... currently am "browsing" online... lol... will probably end up buying something though!! even though I shouldn't... hrmmph.

I spy a Kahlia!! *cuddles*

I think I'm going to go read in a bit... want to read some more before bed as I am starting Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi; the subtitle is "a memoir in books" and it's a LOVELY book thus far. It's about Iranian women, a group of 7 Iranian students and an Iranian literature professor, reading forbidden books under the extreme regime of the time (recently). Sadly, my concentration is still not up to snuff so I don't read a lot at a time... but I can still get really involved in books, if I manage to make it past 10 minutes or so, which is good. :)

*hides*

MammaMia 08-05-2010 12:28 AM

*cuddles everyone*

Happy Birthday Oliverrrrrrr :D

frenchhorn 08-05-2010 12:32 AM

*cuddles April* I know what you mean with concentration thing, I used to be able to read books so quickly, but now I end up having to read over bits again because I just completely stopped concentrating, which is really annoying.
hope you get some of your book read and have a good night sleep.

*cuddles Kahlia, I spy you*

Thanks Helen *hugs* how are you? did you go out tonight?

Scarletdreamer 08-05-2010 12:41 AM

Totally stupid me, just ordered things and put the opposite zipcodes on the billing and shipping addresses... FEEL SO DUMB!!!!!! Hopefully the site will get it sorted somehow... :-/

MammaMia 08-05-2010 12:43 AM

Bless you April. Not stupid though.

Oliver, you're welcome *hugs* I did go out tonight...

SoMuchMore 08-05-2010 12:43 AM

*hugs kahlia* im sorry that your suicide urges are so bad, please dont act on them. Its good that you can fight your SI urges off most of the time though. It can be so hard sometimes.

*hugs mark* im glad that your liking WOW, ive never been into video games but all this talk has intrigued me a little lol. Im sorry about your meds, thats pretty bad that they are not refilling your prescription. I have a really hard time with phone calls too so dont feel too badly about that.

*hugs crimson* the economy really does make it hard to move around, i justify mine b/c its technically for graduate school heh so hopefully ill get some financial aid which will definitely help. Im glad that you are feeling less sick today. I feel like lots of people are getting sick right now.. no good.

*hugs helen* hope that you have fun going out tonight. Im sry that you were upset earlier. I also SPY YOU! :)

*throw some confetti* happy birthday oliver! i like being in my 20s better than a teenager i think.

*hugs april* Your post did make sense. I think its more about me wanting to be "seen" around others too though, b/c when i am by myself i do what i want, within reason of course.
Im sorry that you are so tired, sometimes all i want to do is sleep too. Your book sounds interesting tho. I cant wait to do more reading this summer.
You are definitely not stupid for mixing up the zip codes.. its just a mistake, it happens.

*hugs little laura, tineke, vicki, hayley, nicole julie and anyone i missed*

I hope a fresh start is what i need. Im not feeling much better today, but i guess im surviving. Hoping to keep busy tonight.. distracted anyway.

MammaMia 08-05-2010 12:47 AM

I don't want to feel like this :'(

frenchhorn 08-05-2010 12:48 AM

*hugs April* your not stupid, I managed to stick a stamp on the back of an envelope once, now that was stupid. I always get very confused when ordering anything off american sites as all the different words confuse me, so I think i put the wrong stuff in all the boxes, but everything has always arrived, so I'm sure it will be fine.

*hugs Helen* how was it?

thanks Laura *hugs* sorry your still not feeling great, I hope a fresh start helps.

*hugs Julie, JK, Nicole, Crimson, Tineke, Mark,Vicki, Hayley, Kahlia, little Laura*

MammaMia 08-05-2010 12:52 AM

It was really good thank you. Except my low mood wouldn't go away.

frenchhorn 08-05-2010 12:53 AM

I'm glad it was good, but I'm sorry about your low mood.

I also went out tonight, met a friend and had a couple of drinks on Canal Street, we just sat and chatted, was nice.

MammaMia 08-05-2010 12:55 AM

Sounds good.

Scarletdreamer 08-05-2010 12:57 AM

*hides in shame* :o

:'(

MammaMia 08-05-2010 12:59 AM

Why hiding April? Nothing to be ashamed about?

SoMuchMore 08-05-2010 01:07 AM

April - I agree with helen. Theres nothing to be ashamed of. Please dont hide b/c of the mix up.

*hugs helen* sorry about your low mood.

*hugs oliver* glad you had a nice time going out.

frenchhorn 08-05-2010 01:12 AM

*hugs April* why u hiding in shame?

Kahlia1981 08-05-2010 01:45 AM

*hugs all - with the usual addendum*

Sorry I just breezed in here before without saying anything. I just quickly jumped in to catch up on my reading.

I haven't told my housemate about the level of the suicidal urges/thoughts. He knows that I'm having them, but doesn't know that they are as bad as they are. I've started to put a plan together and I know what I need to get to put it into action, and I've worked out the how/when/where situation. I don't know, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought this up. I'll get through it, I always do. *sigh*

I hope everyone is doing okay.
*big hugs* for those who want/need them
*throws confetti but stays away from any balloon type things (latex allergy) for Oliver's birthday*

PoisonedApple 08-05-2010 01:47 AM

quick replies...
happy birthday oliver!
april - i dunno if we can play other places realms or not lol as for us playing i'll let ya know when i get my desktop up and running and we shall try to coordinate times and such :)
The following content has been hidden - Reason : shopping rambling
i just spent a long bit of time looking up makeup stuffs... i still have makeup (and makeup case) from high school through present... i wanna go through it and toss the old stuff and give away stuff i won't use (like the pink stuff... i look awful in pink anything) and buy new stuff i'll actually be willing to wear. i would like to wear makeup everyday and look nice but most of the colors i look good in i'm about out of lol.
now the bad side... to get everything i'd use (whole face worth of makeup) from urban decay would cost me 432$; from mac would cost 413$ (excluding makeup case since i want one that doesn't scream 'middle school kid'); and bare minerals would cost 353$. who would have though bare minerals to be the cheapest? but then bare minerals doesn't have eyebrow stuffs to make my eyebrows look nice. i love urban decay stuff (always have) but with their eye shadow sets i'd have like 6 colors i wouldn't use... maybe i should mix n match what i need and see what that costs... either way i'll have to wait to buy it. *shrugs and wanders off to think*

Kahlia1981 08-05-2010 01:51 AM

Crimson: Makeup can be a royal pain. I have serious allergies so only wear makeup on stage, but it can be so damn expensive, not to mention getting only what you want/need! I hear you on that one.

PoisonedApple 08-05-2010 02:14 AM

Yeah... I was trying this new outlook thing... wear makeup (i'm only allergic to wool and bees :) ) and smile and pretend until i feel happy... i think the theory of the person that recommended this to me was that i'll feel better about me when other people compliment and appreciate me... but then i looked in and at my makeup box and just felt like throwing it box and all off my balcony lol

*edit* le sigh mix and matching i ended up with it costing 392$. eyeshadow wise i love the custom palette from mac but that's 179$ by itself. i may just go with bare minerals and see about getting my custom palette of 15 eye shadows later on ... like next year :)

mouse in darkness 08-05-2010 03:37 AM

*Bounces in hugs anyone who would like a hug*

Happy birthday Oliver.

It is nice to try new things angelic monster (not sure of your name sorry)

Sorry if haven't replied to everyone bit of a scatter brain thismorning. Gotta go befor I get kicked off by housemates.

Hope everyone has a nice day/ night.