RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 03-05-2011 10:52 AM

I'm happy and excited on the one hand and Flat and Depressed on the other hand .............how?...........How does life do this?

Doikers 03-05-2011 10:52 AM

*Squishes Lindsay*

Louise 03-05-2011 01:44 PM

hugs everyone

Sefka 03-05-2011 03:18 PM

<sigh> I'm still at work but been hiding for most of the day. I really don't want to break down in front of colleagues but I'm so wound up everything's making me want to cry/scream.

Hugs everyone xx

Doikers 03-05-2011 03:32 PM

*Hugs Louise*

*Hugs Sefka*

one_step_closer 03-05-2011 06:46 PM

I'm so glad that the day is nearly over. Another day closer to OD day.

PoisonedApple 03-05-2011 06:48 PM

*hugs Lindsay* Please stay safe, hun.

dontwantyoutoknow 03-05-2011 06:49 PM

*hugs every one*

I SI'd a lot today. I'm shaky and panicked and terrified and I can't calm down. :-(

Doikers 03-05-2011 06:56 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* Yeah , Please stay safe :/

*Hugs Crimson* How are you hun?

*Hugs MJ* Please look after you wound/s hun .

PoisonedApple 03-05-2011 07:00 PM

*hugs Mark* Mostly doing decent. Stuck in a dilemma though... Trying to get it sorted...
you?

*cuddles MJ*

one_step_closer 03-05-2011 07:07 PM

*hugs MJ*

Is there anything we can help you with, Crimson?

frenchhorn 03-05-2011 07:10 PM

*hugs all* please stay safe everyone. not that I'm one to talk, but I care about all of you here.

My best friend is being forced by her parents to not transition and she won't listen to anyone, I'm really worried about her, she is making a rash sudden decision.

PoisonedApple 03-05-2011 07:23 PM

*shrugs* I dunno Lindsay. I decided recently to go back to being a vegetarian or maybe even to eventually become vegan. My kids are okay with trying new things (so I don't always have to do 2 separate meals) and my in law can bugger off and buy her own damn food for her and her gf if they doesn't like what I make... My husband though is another story. He refused to have stir fry the other day because he wanted to have more meat than that.... yes I am entirely serious. He has refused outright to have certain meals because they contain something he claims not to like or refuses to try. He says if I made eggplant chana masala he wouldn't eat it because he hates eggplant...as a kid his mom made him eggplant parmesan and he loved it until he found out it was eggplant so I know it isn't the flavor (I've also made him a vegetarian stir fry with eggplant he liked) he just refuses to eat it because of a opinion he had before he tried it. I don't know quite what to do. we can't afford to do 2 entirely separate meals all the time and I can't live off produce and peanut butter sandwiches alone.

Doikers 03-05-2011 07:59 PM

*Hugs Oliver*

*Lindsay*

*Hugs Crimson* Can you pursuade and or trick your hubby into eating "Fake Meat Tofu stuff" that stuff is pretty realistic , I don't eat it much as it is so simalar to meant.

PoisonedApple 03-05-2011 08:53 PM

He hates the various burgers but I haven't tried any others yet. Might try to do something else... Seitan was something I was looking for in my area to try out in a few recipes I found. I also found out theres a fake bacon now a days so I may try that too. We'll see how it goes with that. I haven't found vegan cheese in my area yet so for now it'll stay regular cheeses. Maybe lasagna'd be a good dinner this month... I can just make a smaller one without the meat. I was considering seeing if he notices if I swap the ground beef in stroganoff to turkey. Maybe just keep swapping things out...? I plan to get some little sausages for him when I make potato leek soup this month. The kids and I like it but he won't eat it unless we put meat in it... "soup is not dinner and stews aren't real dinners by themselves either" *shakes head* I love him but he's a stubborn SOB when he wants to be.

FlyingNy 03-05-2011 09:01 PM

*Sneaks in and leaves hugs for everyone who wants them, and waves to those who don't* How you can leave waves, I don't quite know, but we have endless corners here, so I guess anything goes.

Sefka 03-05-2011 09:05 PM

*hugs* for everyone.

Back from work after what was hopefully my last 13 hour day for a while.
Not really feeling very safe this evening.

Doikers 03-05-2011 09:21 PM

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Sefka* Please stay safe hun:)

Sefka 03-05-2011 09:30 PM

*hugs Mark* Thanks. I managed not to do anything last night and then this morning was actually kind of disappointed about it. It's kinda hard knowing there's this easy, quick fix.

How are you today?

PoisonedApple 03-05-2011 09:33 PM

*hugs Lia, Mark and Sefka*