RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 09:44 PM

why did coco go to bed?? :-(

Aubergine 23-02-2018 09:47 PM

Perhaps she was tired. :(

Sketchy 23-02-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aubergine (Post 4160185)
Sounds great, Lorraine! What does she like to bake?

She makes amazing banana bread. Lemon cake and cheesecake.

Aubergine 23-02-2018 09:57 PM

Nice! Banana bread is my favourite type of cake, I think!

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 09:57 PM

I like caramel cake someone make me caramel cake :-D

chinahorse 23-02-2018 09:58 PM

Ooo lemon drizzle is such an amazing cake!

I peeled 192 Ferrero rocher amongst other equally dull tasks today.

How're you all? Busy busy in here tonight.

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:01 PM

*makes caramel cake for Zombie*

Peeling 192 of those things sounds not so fun. Not so fun unless you're peeling them so you can eat them...

chinahorse 23-02-2018 10:02 PM

I hate them now. Them and Buenos.

How do you make caramel cake? Isn't caramel just like sugar? So....?

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:04 PM

Ohhh I love Buenos! Only the white ones though. Not surprised you hate them though. Must be a nightmare having to unpackage the things!

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 10:06 PM

*noms caramel cake*

chinahorse 23-02-2018 10:06 PM

Anything that's double wrapped can go to hell! :-P and Buenos are especially bad as the inside wrappers are static and stick to the gloves/your sleeves/apron/leggings/shelf/outside of the bin bag.

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:08 PM

Oh dear! I've never thought of such things! Sounds... Not so much fun.

chinahorse 23-02-2018 10:17 PM

Lol its not something you would think of unless you ate a box full a day :-P

I seem to have scared everyone off!

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 10:18 PM

you haven't scared me off, yet :-p

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:19 PM

Haha! I don't think I could eat quite that many, even though I do love them!

I'm glad you're still here, Zombie.

You've not scared me away either! Getting into bed soon though. Just got to take meds. Effort.

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 10:20 PM

whats with folk going to be early on a Friday night ffs :-O

Sketchy 23-02-2018 10:22 PM

I’m still up.

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:23 PM

Weeeeeeeeell. I probably won't be asleep all that early. I just like bed. Because I am old and was at work for 9 hours.

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 10:26 PM

I wish white zombie would get back together :-(

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:29 PM

Who/what is white zombie?

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 10:31 PM

white zombie were a band you may have heard of their singer rob zombie who went solo after white zombie split and also directs films now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRshPCM9lhk

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:33 PM

Ohhh I know Rob Zombie! :D

chinahorse 23-02-2018 10:35 PM

I haven't a clue!

I feel you aubergine. 9.5 hours for me. And I sees tk hang up my wet work clothe before I can sleep too.

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:42 PM

Sucks, eh? I went to work in wet unform this morning... How many uniforms do you get?

zombiehunter 23-02-2018 10:45 PM

di you click on the link I posted?

chinahorse 23-02-2018 10:46 PM

Oh dear! I told you hair dryer it!

Technically 3 tops and 2 aprons. I have around 5 tops and an indeterminate amount of aprons as I just take all the dirty ones I can fine home and wash and return them. Though I may hide the spare uniform so the kids actually have to wash their own aprons :-P

Aubergine 23-02-2018 10:51 PM

I did. Not really to my taste, but I can see why you like them! Are you named after them?! :D

Haha, I have lost count of the times I have gone to work in wet uniform. I didn't really have time to hair dryer it as I work up very late! Had to be in for 9am and I woke up when my Uncle rang me to say he was outside in the car... (he gave me a lift today)

When I made doughnuts, I was only allowed one apron and two shirts. I was working with stinking fat for 6 hours a day 5x a week and only ONE apron. Until the area manager of Morrisons came down and the bakery manager told me to go and ask HR for a new apron because mine was gross. Well, yes, if you weren't working with flour all day you'd realise how disgusting frying stuff gets. :P

chinahorse 23-02-2018 11:19 PM

Oops! Still at least you made it to work!

That is gross! Companies are ridiculous. Like I had to get special permission to wear a jumper under my top because our shop isn't heated and the cold affects my pain. Was told that my long sleeve top should be adequate by area management. Like yeah I'll just wear 2 tshirt when working in under 14 degrees. Totally fine. Morons.

Aubergine 23-02-2018 11:29 PM

Yes I did! And with about 2 minutes to spare! :D

Oh for goodness sake. Clearly they have no idea about chronic pain conditions and how the temperature can affect them. I mean, they might not have understood, but surely they could have read about it or something? Our pharmacy doesn't go below 24C and is often around 25.5C. No air conditioning though... Don't even have a sodding window. The opposite problem to your place haha.

chinahorse 23-02-2018 11:35 PM

Oh gosh yes I sympathise. We don't have air con and rarely dip below 30 degrees inside the shop in summer. Like I have photos of the thermometer at 34 at 8.30am.

chinahorse 23-02-2018 11:38 PM

I'm too tired to go to bed. It's so much effort to move!

Aubergine 23-02-2018 11:46 PM

That's mad! Grr. I vote for climate control in ALL places of work!

Oh dear! Just imagine how lovely it'll be once you're snuggled under your duvet.

I have hiccups. :'(

chinahorse 24-02-2018 12:03 AM

I agree!
Also aren't many medicines ment to be stored below 25 degrees anyway?!

Its taken me ages but am finally in bed with the heating on again. It's blumming freezing!

Hope the hiccups have gone?

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 12:05 AM

Sounds good Lillie!

Aubergine 24-02-2018 12:10 AM

Yes. Yes they are. :plain:

Well done for getting into bed! :) Hooray for heating! I hope it keeps you toasty. I am in bed with my electric blanket on. It's rather lovely.

Yeah, hiccups have gone.

My Dad is frustrating me. I asked him if he would pop round with his step ladders and put attach the light cord back onto my bathroom light. He said he would, but keeps cancelling and rearranging. I'd ask someone else to do it, but then my Dad would act all hurt and "oh, but I was going to do it. I'd do anything for you blah blah." Honestly would not have minded if he'd said he couldn't do it; I'd have found some step ladders from somewhere (the ceiling is too high to just stand on a chair) and got it done. My light has been on 24/7 for over a week now, so is killing the planet and wasting money. :pinch:

Aubergine 24-02-2018 12:11 AM

Yo Emma. How're you doing?

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 12:19 AM

I’d be starting to get a little miffed too Aubergine! Family politics are so tricky to negotiate.

I’m not too bad thanks. Think I’ve got the beginnings of a kidney infection though. Debating going to the doctors tomorrow if pain gets any worse. I’m supposed to be working though.

Aubergine 24-02-2018 12:21 AM

They really are. My Dad is so very sensitive. It's like walking on eggshells sometimes! I love him, but goodness does he sometimes do my nut in! (As I'm sure I do his)

Oh dear. :( How's your physical health been? I think doctors would be a good idea. Your kidneys are more important than work!

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 12:26 AM

Amen to that Aubergine! It’s worse because they have such good intentions as well lol.

Physical health is okish. Due another 6/8hours rituximab or cyclophosphamide in 4-6 weeks. I’ve had dialysis for a few months before so I know I need to be careful with my kidneys. It’s genuinelh been better the last couple of hours though and I’ve got antibiotics at home anyway which should last until Monday. Drunk about five or six litres today to try and flush it out lol.

Aubergine 24-02-2018 12:40 AM

Hehe, yup! He's got a heart of gold really. Of course, I don't think that when he tells me I make him sick/ill/etc haha. But he has. He's done a lot around the flat, especially when I first moved in, and is my guarantor and stuff - so he does do things. I don't want to paint him in a bad light. He just likes to do things on his terms. :P

I've only ever seen cyclophosphamide as an oral drug, though I know it does come as IV too. Ritux is given to quite a few of our RA patients. Have you had both before at points? I'm glad it's been better the last couple of hours and it's good that you've got antibiotics that should last until Monday. Don't suffer though - it really is OK to see the GP rather than go to work! Drinking is always good. Don't get many kidney infections, but have at times seemed to have permanent UTIs. Fluids have been my friend then too!

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 12:45 AM

Sounds like a man lol, albeit a frustrating one (not wanting to paint all men with the same brush).

I’ve had both before. I have wegener’s granulamatosis so have been on a lot of pred and most Immune surpressants at one point or another lol. Fluids are def my friend today lol and cocodamol!

Aubergine 24-02-2018 01:01 AM

Haha. Yes. He's a funny bean. :P

Oh I see. Yes, there are lots to choose from! Do you find that the IV stuff seems to keep things under control? Oh, yes. cocodamol helps too. Sounds like you're looking after yourself the best you can. Well done. :)

I was tired earlier. Not so much now. I'm hungry. Considering a crumpet...

I think I will have to stop using my ultrasonic diffuser when the cat arrives. Essential oils+cat = Bad News. Or so I've read. Though essential oils+Aubergine seems to = bad news at the moment, as I keep putting too much lavender into the thing and making my eyes sting!

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 01:05 AM

Prob bad news but the infusers are so good lol! There must be a compromise!

Crumpets are my go to snack food lol. Love a good crumpet. Might have pate on toast though tonight.

Yeah, IV seems to work quite well for about four months and then get a lot of symptoms the last two months. Going to discuss with my nephrologist and other consultants next time I see them. Cocodamol is fab but is not conducive to productive days for me!

Aubergine 24-02-2018 01:12 AM

They are so good! Do you have one? I love mine. I guess I could just put water in it and look at the pretty lights...

Oh cool, good you're going to discuss with your doctors about the last two months being rather full of symptoms. Haha, no, cocodamol can often do that. :D

Crumpets are so good. I got some from the shop tonight. Might have them with butter and tinned mackrel... :D Ooo pate on toast sounds nice. What kind of pate?

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 01:27 AM

I don’t have one but my friend does and she loves it!

Had smoked salmon pate on toast. Got smoked mackerel for after work treat on Sunday :-). Cocodamol def not ideal but gosh it helps a lot sometimes lol!

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 01:27 AM

What are you upto tonight?

Aubergine 24-02-2018 01:34 AM

Lovely! Oh smoked mackerel is so good. An excellent after work treat! Have you got one of your epic shifts again?

I made crumpets. :D

I'm watching crime drama and wondering why I'm not sleepy. It's 12:30am! How about you?

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 01:40 AM

Just taken some clonazepam. Going to watch end of ncis and then watch tv in bed. Not too sleepy at the moment either!

Crumpets sounds ace!

Yeah, got an epic shift tomorrow to Sunday as long as kidney pain stays the same or better :-)

Aubergine 24-02-2018 01:47 AM

Feeling anxious or just need to sleep? TV in bed sounds good. Do you have a TV in your bedroom or do you watch it on a laptop or a tablet or something?

I don't have a TV in my bedroom, so watch everything on my laptop. Need to sort my amazon fire stick out because, as with my printer, it won't work now I've changed my router. Sorting it out with the aid of Google is a job for tomorrow...

I do hope the kidney pain improves for you. Are you able to function if you take cocodamol at work?

Pomegranate 24-02-2018 02:08 AM

Bit of both. Hardly ever take extra (prescribed) but really think I need a decent nights sleep tonight.
Mi don’t have a separate living room so I just turn my tv around for bed. I really need to set up my new router though cos I’ve gone over on phone data lol.
I can function at work but I would be hesitant about doing meds etc so will depend who’s on.

What are you upto tomorrow?