RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kathryn_Anna 16-05-2016 07:01 PM

I hope everyone is doing alright. Sorry I can't be more supportive right now. Life is just throwing me curve balls. Starting tonight my brother in law is staying with us. We'll see how that goes. I can't believe I said yes to that. Ahh.

Eir 17-05-2016 06:34 AM

I find myself needing to store my emotional brain here. Divorce it from myself when at work. And at home. Only way I cope.
* puts a platter of brownies on the table and starts making coffee and tea for everyone*

Doikers 17-05-2016 11:02 AM

Oooo Tea , thanks :)

How are we all?

Eir 17-05-2016 04:23 PM

I'm not sure anything is making an imprint on me. I know I should feel something right now. But I don't. Maybe it worked. Maybe I put that bit of me into cyber space. I just feel pleasantly hollow. It's kinda nice. I wonder if it will hold under stress?
Let's see how this goes....
*passes Tea and brownies to Mark* I think all that means I'm ok. What about you?

Doikers 17-05-2016 06:38 PM

I've been better . . . . Not been much worse really , one thing is keeping me going. The Tea helps though :) I'm off to listen to Taylor Swift . . . .

Doikers 17-05-2016 07:25 PM

I badly need someone to hug me and offer words of support , this is getting far too much for me.

Doikers 18-05-2016 11:33 AM

Hey all. Tea? Coffee? Dr Pepper?

I've been referred to DBT does anyone know anything about that? and for our age group too?

Kathryn_Anna 18-05-2016 06:08 PM

*hugs Mark* What's up?

Seems like coffee is never enough for me. I sleep like crap and have so much to do during the day.

Since it's chilly out here today... *places some warm soup on the table*

Margo 18-05-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 4034339)
Hey all. Tea? Coffee? Dr Pepper?

I've been referred to DBT does anyone know anything about that? and for our age group too?

No experience of it but age won't come into it. Here's a link to a really useful site. My mht use it in their training for their workshops. Here's the dbt part. There is a lot of good suff on there about cbt and mindfulness too..http://www.get.gg/dbt.htm

Doikers 19-05-2016 11:12 AM

Thank You , Margo :)

How are you all today?

I woke up just emotionally exausted . . . .

Marshmallow. 20-05-2016 01:07 PM

Haven't been on in a few days, how is everyone doing?
*places cake on table*

Doikers 20-05-2016 05:40 PM

OH Wow , Cake! Thanks! How are you Ashley?

Doikers 21-05-2016 12:10 PM

How are all my Peeps Today?

Eir 21-05-2016 03:41 PM

Awake. Sick. Flat. And yourself?

Marshmallow. 21-05-2016 03:43 PM

I'm struggling quite a bit today. I just want the sadness to go away.
How are you?

Doikers 21-05-2016 04:21 PM

I'm here if you wanna talk Ashley , sorry if I fall asleep on on though.

Kahlia1981 22-05-2016 10:17 AM

Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) works well for some people, and is completely useless for others. Try it and see? It was useless for me but others I know really do benefit from it.

Sorry I've been absent for so long but things have been crazy here with OT and physio visits alongside wheelchair trials and organising domestic care and respite for hubby not to mention doctor's visits. Meh. So sick of being in a wheelchair and being no more than a burden on everyone. Just so dark right now that I'm certain there will never be light again. *sigh* Why do I even bother. No friends in this town, can't drive or leave the house on my own and, aside from all these appointments, no reason to get out of bed.

Marshmallow. 24-05-2016 02:23 PM

Trying to build myself up to go and do a food shop. The fact I have asked my younger sister to come with me is just embarrassing. I'm scared of seeing someone I know and having them ask about Christopher. I'm supposed to be back at work on Tuesday and I can't even go to the shops alone.
On a positive note I finally have a cpn appointment on Monday.
How are we all doing?

Robyn51 24-05-2016 03:13 PM

Not feeling very well at all today!
Been on a long weekend away with my fiancée.
It was a great weekend but I still wasn't feeling great.
Held it all together so we could have a good time.
There was stress with her car, only been driving a month, had to replace the alternator. I know how well we both did reassuring eachother and I managed to navigate us there and back well. So go me for that.
Anyway, took a sleeper last night to get myself rested,
Woken up today, feeling totally wacked out, and pointless and sad that she is back to work. The silly thoughts are creeping in so I've vacated to the bedroom for some reading and a nap.
3 weeks ago I relapsed badly (won't go into detail) but found out I've been suffering psychotic depression for months.
So I think this virtual psych ward is the best place for me today
Good luck with your food shop marshmallow. My food related challenge today is to cook fish pie for dinner. Mmmmm yum

Doikers 24-05-2016 05:07 PM

I'm not up to much other than to say hey to you all and welcome Robyn , I'm Mark .

I ache inside.