RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 17-09-2010 07:17 PM

Cool Claire :) What did you get up to today?

The One Who 17-09-2010 07:19 PM

I spent some time in an old second-hand bookshop. Then I went and saw my old supervisor at uni, we had a nice walk and a coffee and a chat. It was good.

Have you been up to much Mark?

Scarletdreamer 17-09-2010 07:21 PM

That sounds absolutely LOVELY, Claire. :D Secondhand bookshops + coffee with a person with whom it sounds you get along well... mmm nice!!! :) Glad it was a good day for you.

*cuddles all*

The One Who 17-09-2010 07:25 PM

It was very nice, it was a good day.

*hugs for everyone*

SparkleKitten 17-09-2010 07:26 PM

Had a bad day, people were pretty mean to me and I broke down crying, curled in a ball on my fiance's sofa :( Got money worries and uni problems with things I have to print, 50+ pages and thats only 1 of 5. Feeling kinda hopeless.

Doikers 17-09-2010 07:30 PM

I've not been up to much Claire some days I have no appointments some days I have one zillion appointments!! Well 3 or 4 heh .
To be honest I've NOT been feeling too good , just a little low I guess , sorry :S

The One Who 17-09-2010 07:32 PM

I know the feeling of having loads of appointments one day and nothing the next. You don't need to apologise for feeling low though *hugs*

Sarah (? Sorry, I'm rubbish at names!) that does sound quite stressful for you. I suggest talking to the uni and letting them know how you are feeling, if they don't already know.

one_step_closer 17-09-2010 07:36 PM

I got my medical records today. Pissed off.

SparkleKitten 17-09-2010 07:40 PM

Yeah Claire its Sarah, most of my lecturers know my situation from last year, but I'll make sure my tutor knows, can't talk to head of maths because he won't let anyone have any abscences, his attitude hasn't helped anything, I'm in a bit of a panic. Got to pay for my counselor and things. Going to a voulenteer meeting to go work Saturdays with kitties, hopefully I'll be able to. Its odd of after a year in my degree I still haven't crushed the dream of working with animals, not sure what to do after this degree but I do kinda want to go work with animals, though no idea what doing, animals just make me happier than people do.

The One Who 17-09-2010 07:45 PM

I've finished my degree and I still don't know what I want to do! Part of my still wants to hold on to the PhD -> academia route, but another wants to get a career with a bit more stability in it. Academia really does not offer that.

If you let your tutor know they might be able to offer you some flexibility? I only know how my department works really. I think the volunteering thing sounds like it would be good for you.

Doikers 17-09-2010 07:53 PM

What about your medical records has pissed you off Lindsay ? *Hugs*

life-hurts 17-09-2010 07:57 PM

THankyou Mark and Felicia for your welcome messages.

Felicia I am sorry to hear your struggling at the mo. it is hard when you feel out of step with everyone else.I hope you have a better day tomorrow

Claire I'm glad to hear you had a good day!

Sarah -sorry to hear that you did not have such a good day. I'm struggling with my Ou course at the moment. I'm working really hard to not let it get me down. I always seem to f*** up anything academic. Not because I can't do it just because I struggle to not self destruct :blush: Hope you get your uni and money problems sorted soon. Is there a money adviser at your Uni that may be able to help?
Lindsay- What pissed you off that was in your medical records? Were they innacurate or something or just made stupid assumptions?

I've thought about requesting my medical records but I guess I'm scared I'd be too pissed off and not want to use mental health services and at the moment I really feel I need the support. On the other hand I hate the idea of my records being innacurate! No win either way I suppose. I believe that you can ask for them to be changed or annotated if their are innacuracies though.

To everyone who I've not said hi to, hello! Hope you all had an Ok day and I look forward to getting to know you all.

If you want you can use my first name Hannah.

SparkleKitten 17-09-2010 07:57 PM

I don't know, I'm only just starting back but I'm driving myself crazy with it. I guess I'm more anxious about restarting than I thought I would be. :(

MammaMia 17-09-2010 08:01 PM

Still slowly catching up with posts.

*hugs ward*

I'm so angry :@

Doikers 17-09-2010 08:03 PM

Hannah , thats such a cool name . My Sister is named Hannah and so is my Best Friend :) I collect Hannahs ! heh *Hugs if okay*

*Hugs Sarah*

*Hugs Helen* Why are you so angry ?

SparkleKitten 17-09-2010 08:27 PM

Mum had a go at me this morning because I haven't been showering or washing my hair as often as I used to, or wearing my contact lenses. Truth is I have to set my alarm 30 minutes before I'm due to get up so I can work up some motivation to get out of bed. Some days its too much effort to take pain meds for my gallbladder or have a drink of water. Feel almost like I'm stuck in a rut.

Doikers 17-09-2010 08:51 PM

*Hugs Sarah* That sounds so much like my Depression it's scary , sorry I know that doesn't help but know that you're not alone , I really can empathise with you .

SparkleKitten 17-09-2010 08:57 PM

Does help me Mark. I now know someone who knows how I feel, which is comforting, its not just me

Scarletdreamer 17-09-2010 09:05 PM

Welcome, by the way, Hannah!! :) I'm April and I used to post more, usually just lurk now and post every now and then. But I'll try to get back to posting more frequently... hehe. *hugs if okay?*

Sarah, I'm sorry that you've had a crappy day. Wish I could help you feel better. :( *cuddles* I also agree that the volunteering should be good for you. Kitties = <3. :)

Claire, I agree with you in that I also don't know what I want to do with my life!!! I mean, kind of like Sarah, animals make me happier than people do and I REALLY LOVE horses/cats/dogs/goats/sheep (those are my favorites :P)... but... at the same time, I want to make a difference in the world in a good way (don't a lot of/most people?) so working with people would, in that way, be more fulfilling. Especially because I could "pass on my legacy" (which is I don't know what just yet, hah) since Jarrod and I probably won't be having a family. Biologically almost definitely not. Adoption is a possibility but I really don't want to be a mum. :-X Anyway, that was totally a tangent. ;) I have kind of thought of getting my PhD and going into academia as well, following my dad's footsteps (and mum's too at that)... here in the States I think it may be a little more stable? as my dad's been at the same university for going on 19 years, and it's not uncommon to see people staying at the same uni for their entire careers. Anyway. :) *cuddles*

Mark, sorry you're not feeling too well. I also know the feeling of having a zillion appointments to make it to in one day. This coming week is going to be hellish for me (sorry, I know it's NOT all about me, just trying to relate!!) because I have therapy on Monday then nutritionist and NP on Wednesday. Urk. Not happy about that. But anyway... I take it that you're rather triggered? :-S *cuddles*

Hels, what are you so angry about?? *cuddles*

Lindsay, what's pissed you off about your medical records? *hugs*

I've just gotten reinspired to write in my paper journal by this site: http://www.journalingsaves.com. It's an AMAZING site so if you're at all interested in journaling (beginner journaler or not) it's FASCINATING!!! :D I spent over an hour perusing the articles that are up there. So awesome. :P I know, I know, I'm a nerd, but I think we all knew that already. Hehe.

I'm feeling kind of low today but meh. I'm happy that Jarrod's going back to work... it's a HUGE relief when it comes to finances. :) So that's good. I'm just worried about the LCA... but I'm sure that he'll be careful enough to avoid getting "terminated" (hah, that sounds so scary... like the Terminator... :P).

Anywho. I'm gonna read some more of the Journaling Saves articles nao. :D

SoMuchMore 17-09-2010 09:17 PM

*sits invisibly*

I'm feeling a little burnt out.