RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Eir 20-08-2017 03:52 PM

Hi people. Hope the reason it's quiet is cos everyone's doing well. I on the other hand, am teetering. Not quite unwell yet, but if one more thing happens, I think I may become unstable.
I just don't fit anywhere anymore.
Hugs for those who want them

myrealname 31-08-2017 04:49 PM

Cuddles up with blanket and a book. Feeling Lethargic this week, and just want to be alone and not worry about others feelings. I am overwhelmed with my own depression and can't seem to make room to help anyone else.

myrealname 31-08-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eir (Post 4127573)
Hi people. Hope the reason it's quiet is cos everyone's doing well. I on the other hand, am teetering. Not quite unwell yet, but if one more thing happens, I think I may become unstable.
I just don't fit anywhere anymore.
Hugs for those who want them

Hugs back. Hope you feel okay today. I feel the teetering as well. Ill be checking back tonight to see if anyone replies to this thread. XXOO

beforemyway 01-09-2017 02:24 PM

Mornings are the worst. Can we just vote to eliminate mornings?

Kathryn_Anna 09-09-2017 01:00 PM

Can we keep the wake up and stretch part of mornings? I like that part. I'm not awake enough to really think about anything. Give me the first 15 minutes of morning and then we can skip the rest!

I'm really struggling the last day or two. I can't make heads or tails of how I feel. Sad, mad, frustrated. I feel like my parents betrayed me. My childhood was a lie and I don't know what other secrets they have decided to keep from me. Just really having a hard time processing everything. Hubby's at work and I've got to figure out how to adult when I really don't want to.

Eir 11-09-2017 12:26 PM

Boo! I'm definitely struggling. My quality of sleep is crap which makes everything worse. I've chosen the wrong career for someone who's sleep pattern is pivotal to maintaining reality connection.
They are noticing it at work. I'm not sure I'll manage to pass this grad year.
Thanks for the nice thoughts.

Kathryn_Anna 15-09-2017 12:16 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling with sleep, Eir. I hope it gets better for you.

I need a safe place to maybe color or paint. Maybe even just to curl up and nap. At what point do you just give up fighting for what's important? My kids are everything to me. They are struggling majorly and I've been fighting for them. It's so exhausting though. It's ruining my health trying to make sure they don't suffer like me. I'm just... sigh... at the end of my rope. I can't keep fighting and losing, thus failing them. I just can't. :'(

Eir 16-09-2017 02:58 PM

*hugs*
I can't answer that. But I believe that running ourselves into the ground will not help those we care for. It actually makes it harder to do what we need for them. I'm a bit of a hypocrite, I tend to wear myself thin and ignore my own needs until I start falling to pieces.
I'm a bit low. And struggling to focus on things.

Kathryn_Anna 20-09-2017 09:56 PM

I'm back. Need a quiet place to get over the sensory overload going on in my house. I'm ready for a nap. A nice long nap. I may snap long before a nap is possible though.

caiden 19-10-2017 09:11 PM

huggles to everyone! actually just stopped by to check in and let everyone know that theres hope and people do care...ive struggled for over 29 years, and am finally finding myself in a place in life where life seems to be finally getting easier and less stressful, and thankfully the people in my life now are less judgmental more supportive more caring and genuinely want me around...so please dont give up? keep trying, and hopefully your happy place will come soon too

Eir 22-10-2017 12:03 PM

Does anyone have experience with dealing with intrusive thoughts? My usual tricks aren't working.

one_step_closer 22-10-2017 04:10 PM

The only thing I remember being taught about dealing with intrusive thoughts is to say the word 'stop' every time they come into your head. That can get a bit tiring and go on for a while though but it's something to try if you haven't tried it already. Do you know why your usual techniques don't seem to be helping right now?

Daemon 22-10-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eir (Post 4138091)
Does anyone have experience with dealing with intrusive thoughts? My usual tricks aren't working.

Same. I don't have any tricks though except to distract myself with other thoughts until they go away.

Hello everybody. I'm an oldbie returning on a new account. Nobody knows me though, haha.

Eir 23-10-2017 01:57 AM

Probably exhaustion. I definitely think I need to talk to my manager about my roster.
I'll try that, but I'm on shift right now. Thankyou

aoife77 10-11-2017 08:02 PM

hello there everyone. Hugs and coffee to those that need them. With respect to intrusive thoughts I d try grounding techniques and maybe a bit of meditation to clear my mind. Hope this helps :)

Kahlia1981 12-11-2017 08:00 AM

Hi all.

After having spent another 6 weeks in hospital and another full week at home I'm about ready to give up. Just so tired and struggling to stay safe. *sigh* Not to mention I've realised that I've spent 5 months in hospital this year.

On a positive note, the TMS (Trans-cranial Magnetic Stimulation for anyone who hasn't heard of it) was successful and I can fit 3 to 6 month top-ups into my schedule. The last lot was sabotaged by the doctor so my next round will probably be a bit early and I have to be hospitalised for close to 4 weeks for the treatment, but it's better than nothing and I don't have to leave town for it.

Now I just have to fit my treatment around uni and retake the subjects I was trying to do before I was hospitalised. Oh, and organise to find a doctor within the hospital who will be willing to take me on so I can avoid the p**** I had this last time. *sigh*

*hugs to anyone who wants/needs them*

I'm just going to go and curl up in my pillow fort...

Eir 13-11-2017 10:03 AM

Why is it that, at the ripe old age of 32, with 3 hospitalisations under my belt, some very helpful therapy and a degree that gives me insight into the necessity of being honest with those in the medical professionals and those in your support network, that I still minimise my symptoms?
New medication regime. Let's see how this goes.
*Cookies for all*

Kahlia1981 14-11-2017 04:54 AM

*safe hugs*

Annie: Good luck with the new meds.

One more day of hiding how I'm doing from my husband. So tired of fighting. *sigh*

Kahlia1981 22-12-2017 02:11 AM

I know this is a really hard time of year for a lot of us so...

*hugs to anyone who wants/needs them*

I'm sorry that I cannot do more.

wildly insane 30-01-2018 05:40 PM

It’s quiet in here, *goes and makes a cuppa* I’m an oldie, I ran away as I was being triggered too much but I’m a lot stronger now, been free of SI for 7 years now me thinks, just wanted to say hi, having a shitty day. Got Pilates later though, I like Pilates...