RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

PoisonedApple 15-04-2010 05:51 PM

JK ~ It was good.... spent more time there than I was intending but it was awesome. I think the gym time is rehabing my knee too so I've fallen in love with going to the gym lol

Kahlia and April ~ do any of your local gyms have trials? The one I'm doing now is a seven day free trial... I can't afford to pay for the gym till next month. But I also get a discount when I do sign up for a regular membership because I'm a state employee. 39$/mo instead of 49$ to 69$/mo.
I did have a good time though. Yeah the short term pain prolly wouldn't be so pain ish if I wasn't so random lol. Instead of doing cardio every other day and strength training the other days I do everything each day I go. (Start with cardio then do some strength training then more cardio then home.)My abs hurt but I can actually feel the muscles under the fat and my husband says I look smaller around so I'm ok with a little ache.

Helen~ You do matter. And I'm glad you didn't have nightmares.

Mark~ They didn't tell you till your last session that it was the last?

*huggles everyone in the ward and sits to play with Puppy Sinclair*

Doikers 15-04-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Mark~ They didn't tell you till your last session that it was the last?
Nope . Never mind , I knew it was coming at some point I was just surprised with the suddeness of it all .
I eat far too much tonight , feel like a total pig , ugh , it's not like I even enjoyed it,Idiot!
I don't enjoy anything at the moment , I just "exist" . Does that make sense?

Doikers 15-04-2010 06:57 PM

*hugs Helen* Well done on making that one phone call :)

PoisonedApple 15-04-2010 07:05 PM

Yeah that makes sense, Mark. *hug*

MammaMia 15-04-2010 08:25 PM

*curls up*

Thanks Mark xx

Kahlia1981 15-04-2010 08:26 PM

Helen: *big hugs* Well done on making the one call darl. There's always tomorrow right? I'm sorry you feel like curling up and crying. I can pass you a tissue if you need it, and I'm always here with a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear my friend.

April: That phone call to the internship place sounds good. :D I really hope it goes well hun. *big hugs*

Crimson: Unfortunately none of the gyms here have a trial period. Cardio you can do every day, but if you intend to do strength training every day you really should split it so that you are working different muscle groups and allowing the others to rest ... I don't know if that made sense. Sorry if it didn't. :S *hugs you*

Mark: If you've just started trying to be careful with what you eat and are trying to put a lifestyle change into place, try to allow yourself a bit of slack. I'm sorry that you aren't feeling enjoyment at the moment. *hugs you*

Anyone else who I've missed, or who wanders in: *huggles you*

It's now 5:26 am and I still haven't slept. I gave up a few hours ago. Now I'm just waiting for a reasonable time to go and get ready for my busride to the hospital. *sigh* Meh. So d*mn over this.

PoisonedApple 15-04-2010 08:30 PM

It made sense and I do know that... but I dunno the first day at a new gym is like being a kid on christmas day with lots of presents lol... I wanna play with everything, especially the stuff I haven't ever done before. :D

Kahlia1981 15-04-2010 08:32 PM

Crimson - I know exactly what you mean. I had a premium membership at a gym for a while, which meant I had access to pretty much the whole gym, and I just wanted to "play" with everything.

MammaMia 15-04-2010 08:35 PM

I'm sorry I've not really replied to posts, not upto it. I really feel like crying more than ever :( Meh...Thanks Kahlia <3

jonikd 15-04-2010 09:14 PM

*bounces in and waves happily at everyone* power of positive thinking, worth a go right?

Mark, it sounds like people are letting you down atm, and that really sucks. I know how it feels hun and I don't have any great advice other than you can do this, and you will get more support. Make sure you talk honestly with your SW when you eventually see him 'K

Kahlia, nice work on getting to the shops, sometimes its the little things we do that give us hope for the bigger stuff. That sleep issue is a worry, can you ask someone about maybe some medication to help for a bit? *hugs and sings lullaby*

Helen, sweetheart, you are really struggling huh. I feel for you so much and pray that today is better for you.Crying might help hun, sit in the bottom of the shower and cry all you need to, then have a big tuppa tea and a sleep and you might feel a bit better. *cuddles gently and offers shoulder*

*searches out April* You are doing so well still getting on with things even though you're anxious and not in a great space. Keep going sweet, things will get better *nods and believes in you*

Laura I really hope you managed to speak to your friend, my p-therapist told me yesterday I had to start being more honest with my friends, and that it was my choice, which I guess it is but its not that easy huh.

*hugs Crimson and gives her a bunch of flowers* thanks to your motivation I got out on my bike for an hour this morning, and feel some friendly endorphins kicking around. How you doing today/tonight?

*shouts out for Nicole* anyone seen her around here?

Anyway, another big day at work then will try to fill up my weekend to keep me out of trouble. Cut again last night, but nowhere near as bad. Today feeling fragile but in a cuddly way if that makes any sense. So pleased to have you all here for hugs on demand, I could hug the whole world today, just to get some back.

*snuffles into Puppy Sinclair and has a wee cry*

Love to you all, you're all special people who have a wee place in my heart.

xx

MammaMia 15-04-2010 09:22 PM

*cuddles JK* I'm sorry you've cut again hun. Please look after your wounds & yourself. *snuggles* I've tried being in a shower, sitting & crying, but I can't do it? LOL. I hate water getting in my face anyway :( The cry will happen sooner or later, probably when I don't want it too. *sighs* I do wonder where Nicole's got to, oh yeah, just remembered, she's been banned from coming online for a week or something. It's her birthday tomorrow :D

jonikd 15-04-2010 09:30 PM

*cuddles back* I'm OK, and thanks yes I will look after them, I've had plenty of practice over the years..lol. My second best crying place at the moment is my car in the dark, listening to loud music, but yeah you're right it will come and you hopefully will get some relief when it does. *holds Helen and offers her a safe place to cry herself silly*

*waves to Oliver, and apologises for forgetting him in my last post*

MammaMia 15-04-2010 09:32 PM

Thanks JK *cuddles*

I spy April *jumps on* :P

PoisonedApple 15-04-2010 09:42 PM

*gets panicked and stops filling out paperwork to hide in the ward*

Doikers 15-04-2010 09:50 PM

*Hugs ward mates*

MammaMia 15-04-2010 09:56 PM

*hugs everyone*

Kahlia1981 15-04-2010 10:44 PM

*huggles everyone*

JK - Sleep meds don't work on me. I took 2 2mg Xanax last night and still didn't sleep. It's a bit of a concern. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. :(

frenchhorn 15-04-2010 10:46 PM

*cuddles all*

been out to pub tonight with people from course, had to come back early because it got crowded and I got really anxious and freaked out so had to go.

*hides in corner*

PoisonedApple 15-04-2010 10:50 PM

*cuddles Oliver* Well did you have a good time while you were out?

MammaMia 15-04-2010 10:53 PM

*cuddles everyone*

I feel so ****. Bleh. I think I've upset my best friend (the one in hospital). Hmm.