RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

one_step_closer 20-02-2010 12:57 PM

Devil in the Details - Jennifer Traig.

Devil Girl 20-02-2010 10:41 PM

I finished Sickened today, didn't really enjoy it!

Now reading more of Sectioned: A Life Interrupted By John O'Donoghue - liking it so far!

Sparky! 21-02-2010 12:33 AM

Really loved 'How The Light Gets In'.

Now reading 'A Long Way Down' by Nick Hornby. Seems alright but haven't read much yet.

ThinkingofRecovery 22-02-2010 12:30 AM

Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and really enjoyed it. I want to read the sequel NOW but have a couple of others lined up first. I'm going to start on Petals on the Wind by Virginia Andrews, the 2nd of the Dollanganger series.

*Crimson Regret* 22-02-2010 12:54 AM

The last book I read was 'Bunny Bunny:A Sort of Love Story by Alan Zweibel. For anyone who doesn't know Alan was a writer on Saturday Night Live and the book is about his relationship with Gilda Radner whom I admire greatly :)

It's amazingly funny for most of it...but there are some incredibly sad parts.

cowgirl_2418 22-02-2010 02:16 AM

I am now reading Book Two of The Mortal Instruments Series: City of Ashes....so far it's really really good. It's one of those books that just sucks me in!

Sparky! 22-02-2010 06:08 AM

I really enjoyed 'A Long Way Down'.

Now reading 'Impulse' - Ellen Hopkins. It's good, it took a while to get into it but I'm liking it.

silverfaerychild 22-02-2010 04:47 PM

^ GOO.. So am I ..I'm rereading it ^

I also just finished " My soul to take " By Rachel Vicent

and plan to read book 2 sometimes soon

jenaniah 22-02-2010 05:22 PM

I am reading Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. It's pretty good, very entertaining.

silverfaerychild 22-02-2010 09:12 PM

My soul to Save by Rachel vicent ( its book 2 )

Bob26003 22-02-2010 11:23 PM

This one

Death Match: A Novel (Child, Lincoln)

When it comes to merging innovative technology with a bizarre murder mystery, few writers do it better than Child. In Utopia (2002), supercomputers ran roller coasters in a high-tech theme park. Here, a state-of-the-art computer dating system, run by Eden, Incorporated--a Microsoft-size corporation--takes center stage. For a mere $25,000, a single person can find a life partner using Eden's flawless matching system. And it's guaranteed, though not one customer has ever requested a refund. When the match is 100 percent, the lucky pair is dubbed a "supercouple," and the subsequent marriage is the envy of all the world. But when one such supercouple is found dead by double-suicide, Eden quietly hires ex-FBI forensic psychologist Christopher Lash to investigate what led to such a tragic end. Lash can't resist the hefty fee, so he reluctantly puts his own private practice on hold, only to discover that his investigation of the supercouple has awakened ghosts from his own past. A second supercouple double-suicide puts Lash and Eden management in a panic. The unusual subject matter blended within the framework of a typical police procedural results in a fun, twisted psychological ride. Mary Frances Wilkens
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Sparky! 23-02-2010 02:38 AM

I liked 'Impulse'.

I've just started 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon. Been meaning to read it for ages so should be good!

lozza 23-02-2010 02:54 AM

I really loved the making of of me by tegan wagner

and am now reading manic by terri cheney

one_step_closer 23-02-2010 12:17 PM

The Mothman Prophecies - John Keel.

one_step_closer 24-02-2010 12:55 PM

Gerald's Game - Stephen King.

Sparky! 26-02-2010 04:03 AM

'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' was good but I didn't really enjoy it as such. It's not the kind of book you can relax into if that makes sense.

I'm now reading 'The House of Sleep' by Jonathon Coe, which is brilliant.

HopeRises 26-02-2010 02:08 PM

oo I liked 'the Curious incident of the dog in the night time' It was based in Swindon I think...I don't remember but it had something to do with swindon.

Sparky! 26-02-2010 03:54 PM

Yeah, it's set in Swindon. I was like "ooh, that's where Leigh lives!" Lol.

Stellata 26-02-2010 04:00 PM

I'm reading "Handle with Care" by Jodi Picoult.

Breifly_Tragic </3 26-02-2010 04:57 PM

I finallly finished Broken after acctually getting in the mood to read again.

I'm about to start "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.