RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Mademoiselle Lola. 26-02-2010 07:24 PM

I've just finished 'The virgin suicides'.Useless to say I found the movie a million times better than the book.

ThinkingofRecovery 26-02-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by void. (Post 2157250)
'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' was good but I didn't really enjoy it as such. It's not the kind of book you can relax into if that makes sense.

I'm now reading 'The House of Sleep' by Jonathon Coe, which is brilliant.

I've read The House of Sleep and though it was great. I also read another Coe novel but can't remember the name off top of my head. He's on my list for other reads.

guiltyinnocence 26-02-2010 09:27 PM

im reading The Catcher in the Rye at the moment, and next week im hoping to start The Ice-Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson

xbeckyx 27-02-2010 09:50 AM

The Time Travelers Wife for the second time, it's amazing :).

HopeRises 27-02-2010 01:54 PM

I FINALLY finished 'Bloodletting' By Victoria Leatham. I didn't think it was as bad as people said it was, though the ending was a little 'off'. Though it did take me over a month to read..when I was reading it, it was 'gripping' but when it was sitting on the bedside table it didn't make me want to read it.

Am about to start 'Good girls do swallow' By Rachael Oakes-Ash

PixieHope. 28-02-2010 09:47 PM

I'm reading The Kite Runner - I've only just started it but it's good so far :)

Sparky! 01-03-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_tears (Post 2159028)
Am about to start 'Good girls do swallow' By Rachael Oakes-Ash

Ooh, let me know if it's any good. I want to read that at some point.

I'm now reading 'A Year in Provence' - Peter Mayle. I like it so far.

silverfaerychild 01-03-2010 09:41 PM

I am reading " The blue girl " by charles de lint

HopeRises 02-03-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by void. (Post 2161692)
Ooh, let me know if it's any good. I want to read that at some point.

I'm now reading 'A Year in Provence' - Peter Mayle. I like it so far.

Will do, I haven't started it yet though..I am a slow reader to the point that I can't actually pick the book up =p

The War Doctor 02-03-2010 05:28 PM

Today I finished Shadow of a Dark Queen by Raymond E. Feist. I'm not a big fan of fantasy, and that boring, predictable, cliché-ridden piece of trash is precisely why. It's not the longest I've ever spent reading a book, but it bloody felt like it.

I also read Waiting For Godot by Samuel Beckett, which I loved. In all its bizarre, unresolved glory.

I'm currently reading (by which I mean I'll start it today at some point) a biography of Allen Ginsberg, written by Barry Miles.

And after that I plan to read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.

monket 03-03-2010 03:34 AM

Just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, which I loved. Now I'm reading Whispers: The Voices of Paranoia, which I'm not sure that I like yet.

J.K 03-03-2010 03:11 PM

Paradise Lost.
Because I'm brooding and interesting.

ThinkingofRecovery 04-03-2010 07:36 PM

I'm going to start reading The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. I hope it is as good as the 1st one in the Millenium trilogy.

ThinkingofRecovery 05-03-2010 08:57 PM

Re^

It is drawing me in just like the 1st one. Fantastic

Serenade 06-03-2010 11:24 PM

I finished Cabal: The Nightbreed by Clive Barker the other day, pretty interesting and strange tale and a good read which was pretty easy to get through.

Currently reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and re-reading Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban which is tied with Goblet for my fave Potter book.

Devil Girl 07-03-2010 02:40 PM

Been a while since I updated this.

I have read Sectioned: A Life Interrupted By John O'Donoghue - began okay but then it got a bit boring and repetitive at the end.

Read Peter Pan in Scarlet - I didn't enjoy it that much, think it was maybe too young for me.

Read Thirteen Reasons Why By Jay Asher - quick read that kept you reading, but lacked substance.

About to start Eight Stories Up: An Adolescent Chooses Hope Over Suicide By Dequincy A. Lezine - another book in the 'Adolescent Mental Health Initiative'

ThinkingofRecovery 07-03-2010 10:38 PM

Just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire and started on The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite by Beatrice Colin

Tig 07-03-2010 10:40 PM

I'm currently reading Open House by Jill Mansell. I'm really in to her books at the moment as they are light, easy reads.

Sparky! 08-03-2010 03:54 PM

I have just read 'Red Tears' by someoneorother and now I'm reading 'The Madolescents' by Chrissie Glazebrook. Think I need to introduce something less emo into my reading list. I am enjoying 'The Madolescents' though and 'Red Tears' was okay, I think I'd have enjoyed it a lot more when I was younger.

linder surprise 08-03-2010 04:11 PM

haha i read the madolescents when i was like 15, i thought nobody else had heard of that book. it's pretty poor really.