RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

frenchhorn 04-01-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayteewalker (Post 2063315)
I've just read that recently, about a month ago! It's so deep, isn't it?

It is very deep, but I love it, such an amazing book.

silverfaerychild 04-01-2010 10:08 PM

Right now i am working on book 2 of harry potter..and after that book 3 then 4 then 5 thne 6 thne 7 ..( as i checked out book 2 to 7 of the series )

Breifly_Tragic </3 05-01-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Girl (Post 2068497)
I finished Inkheart so now I'm reading Cutting - Understanding & Overcoming Self-Mutilation By Steven Levenkron

It's okay, nothing special. But Inkheart was amazing!

I totally agree Inkheart was amazinggg!!!

I'm reading Broken by Kelly Armstrong.
The return of Clayton Danvers into my daydreams <33

Tig 05-01-2010 12:52 AM

Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult.

Sparky! 06-01-2010 12:58 AM

'Poppy Shakespeare' was alright, I quite enjoyed it once I got into it.

Next is 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'.

Wonderful. 06-01-2010 05:16 PM

^ I liked Poppy Shakespeare too, it was difficult to get into at first like you said, because of the way it's written, but it I thought it was a lot better than the C4 programme, it was more in-depth and stuff. =]

I'm reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher now.
And 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult too, but I find her writing style really difficult to get into.

Left Phalange 06-01-2010 05:44 PM

I've just finished reading 'Scarred' by Sophie Andrews. Never have I cried that much over a book, although, in my defence, it was a true account of the author. I recommend it, but it's really quite disturbing and can be VERY triggering. Just a warning.
And right now I'm reading a book called 'Tiger's Child' by Torey Hayden. Which is a follow up of her book called 'One Child'.
However, I still stand by the fact I have not yet read a better book than Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I highly recommend that ;)
I'm such a loser, I do nothing but read and sleep :P

J.K 06-01-2010 07:46 PM

Started "Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway today.

mikey 06-01-2010 11:05 PM

I am reading three books at the moment!

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (for the 3rd time)
and I am also slowly but surely struggling my way through Moby Dick (Herman Melville)

PrincessVegeta_x 07-01-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey (Post 2076633)
I am reading three books at the moment!

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (for the 3rd time)
and I am also slowly but surely struggling my way through Moby Dick (Herman Melville)

Keep perservering with Moby Dick. It's a brilliant book, one of my favourites. Slow at first though.
=]

Sparky! 07-01-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderful. (Post 2075787)
^ I liked Poppy Shakespeare too, it was difficult to get into at first like you said, because of the way it's written, but it I thought it was a lot better than the C4 programme, it was more in-depth and stuff. =]

I'm reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher now.
And 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult too, but I find her writing style really difficult to get into.

Yeah, I liked the book better too =]
I quite liked '19 Minutes', though I'm not usually a big fan of Jodi Picoult. hope you get into it!

I started reading 'Talking of Love on the Edge of a Precipice' by Boris Cyrulnik instead. I mostly just bought it because it was in the sale and I liked the title and the cover, haha. It's one of those books that you think is going to be really beautiful and it turns out to be quite dull. But I'll finish it now I've started!

Chaos 07-01-2010 07:57 PM

I've just read "Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years" and thought like all of the other Adrian Mole books that it was a piece of commical genius. It's just as good as anything else that Sue Townsend has ever written. I was slightly upset however that my favourite fictional character has cancer though. You are left wondering if he is going to get better or not.

Great laugh, touching moments, great read.

PancakesSuck 07-01-2010 08:23 PM

i am reading the lovely bones and the amazing spider-man comics atm

oedipus 08-01-2010 12:58 AM

The lovely bones is one of my favourites.

I've just finished On a winter's night a traveller by Italo Calvino. If you like classics, you must read it!

sherlock holmes 09-01-2010 09:27 PM

Just finished picture perfect by jodi picoult.

Devil Girl 09-01-2010 11:04 PM

Just finished Neruomancer by William Gibson - I didn't really understand it all but was okay, not the typical type of genre I would read!

About to start The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry - It's about a woman who is nearly 100 and is in a psychiatric hospital which she was commited to as a young woman. And is is basically about her history and stuff and why she was put in the hospital. My friend lent it to me so hoping it is good! Will start it tonight!

Sparky! 09-01-2010 11:08 PM

^Ooh, let me know if it's any good! I've wanted to read that for a while.

Still reading 'Talking of Love..' It's awful.

Devil Girl 09-01-2010 11:25 PM

^ I will do! I would have lent it to you if it wasn't my friends copy! Hope you manage to get yourself through what you#re reading so you can start a new one soon!

melancholic_anicca 10-01-2010 12:36 AM

I am currently leading The Pact which is a Jodi Picoult book and I am really enjoying it as it very thought provoking. Before the I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky which is now one of all time favourite books. I read it in one day as I couldnt put it down. Next I think Im going to read The Catcher in the Rye.

Athiri 10-01-2010 01:12 AM

Everything is Illuminated by Jonathon Safran Foer :)